✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Emirates Stadium, London, UK

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I got tickets this morning but messed up! I forgot it's Emirates and not Wembley so went for General Admission which I guess means no unreserved seating as it does at Wembley!

Be honest - what is the standing experience like? I am happy to do it, in fact at Wembley last time I was wishing I was with all the people down there having fun from sitting in my seat in the clouds! Not sure about the hubby though.

We wouldn't be desperate to get to the front or anything, not even half way, but to be able to see some of the staging would be good and am worried we'll miss out on that.

I'm not 100% sure bit since there was no where to buy lower tier seats I'm assuming that the general admission tickets cover the lower tier seats as well. Thats how it has worked any pretty much all stadium shows for a variety of gigs I've been to, not just at Wembley.

I guess we'll find out on Friday when the rest of the tickets go on sale. If there's still no lower tiered seats then it must be unreserved.

I can't stand for that long so prefer to have seated tickets and due to the fact I'm not sure what time I'll be able to get to the stadium on the Friday I managed to get 2nd row in the top tier just before the half way line which suits me perfectly.

Does anyone know which end of the stadium the stage is going to be...it makes choosing tickets a bit of a lottery! :\

I'm pretty sure the stage will be on the right hand side as you look at the stadium plan (in front of blocks 21-28 lower tier). I'm only guessing that as initially it gave me seats in block B53 in the middle tier which is behind one of the goals at the other end - unless they are using a 360 degree stage?

Got two general admission tickets this morning :)

I did go for seated tickets at first but the site crashed. When I returned to the ticket selection page, it was only offering ticket numbers 1, 3 or 5 so went for the general admission.

I kind of guessed that general admission was for standing? I have not been to a concert in a long time. If the tickets are for unreserved seating, do we risk the chance of me and my Wife being split up or are you guided to seating by the stewards?

Thanks

Got two general admission tickets this morning :)

I did go for seated tickets at first but the site crashed. When I returned to the ticket selection page, it was only offering ticket numbers 1, 3 or 5 so went for the general admission.

I kind of guessed that general admission was for standing? I have not been to a concert in a long time. If the tickets are for unreserved seating, do we risk the chance of me and my Wife being split up or are you guided to seating by the stewards?

Thanks

if they run it like Wembley, you just roll up and choose where to sit. we queued early and got in when the gates opened so could pretty much choose where to sit. no-one directed you.

we entered on Guy's side and walked across the standing area to seats on Jonny's side and chose about half way up the block so we had a good view

Was that a special offer for O2 customers or will they also be available on Friday?

Yeah they were selling these at £28, not sure if it is available on friday but its best to just check it out anyway.

I got general admission tickets, and apparently we can sit where we want? but what if we end up choosing seats that have already been booked by someone else?

Also, have the support acts been announced?

Yeah they were selling these at £28, not sure if it is available on friday but its best to just check it out anyway.

I got general admission tickets, and apparently we can sit where we want? but what if we end up choosing seats that have already been booked by someone else?

Also, have the support acts been announced?

You'll be able to sit anywhere in the lower tier (as well as standing). Don't worry about taking anyone elses seat as there will be none reserved there. Only the 2nd and 3rd tiers have seats allocated.

Also, just a minor thing but the signed programmes were £25 - or at least they were when I got mine. I'm sure they'll be available on Friday too, I can't see them not wanting to maximise sales.

You'll be able to sit anywhere in the lower tier (as well as standing). Don't worry about taking anyone elses seat as there will be none reserved there. Only the 2nd and 3rd tiers have seats allocated.

Also, just a minor thing but the signed programmes were £25 - or at least they were when I got mine. I'm sure they'll be available on Friday too, I can't see them not wanting to maximise sales.

ok thank you, but isnt sitting in the lower tier and standing better than sitting in the upper tier because the general admission tickets were cheaper lol.

ah, yh it probably was £25. ill just get it on the night i guess

I need some help!

I want to buy tickets tomorrow and according to ticketmaster.co.uk there will be pitch standing and reserved seating tickets available. But pitch standing says Level 1 Unreserved Seating.

30s8zcy.jpg

What does that mean?

And according to the Summertime Ball seating chart there will be a blue circle, can you also buy tickets for that?

It'll be the same than at the Wembley concerts then:

When you have a pitch standing ticket you can choose to stand OR go to have a seat anywhere in Level 1. :)

Do you think the unreserved seats will all be taken really quickly? Would you still need to queue up for hours to be sure of getting one do you think? What happened at Wembley? It's just my friend i'm going with really wants seats rather than standing tickets, so i just thought if i can't get any decent reserved seating tickets in the morning, should i just take my chances with the unreserved seating/standing tickets instead? :thinking:

if they run it like Wembley, you just roll up and choose where to sit. we queued early and got in when the gates opened so could pretty much choose where to sit. no-one directed you.

we entered on Guy's side and walked across the standing area to seats on Jonny's side and chose about half way up the block so we had a good view

I'm not in London, so this is just heresay (so take it with a grain of salt), but doesn't Emirates(SP?) have a reputation for being more rigid than Wembley on that type of thing?