✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Emirates Stadium, London, UK

Got to love see tickets allowing the tickets to be sent out via Royal Mail 1st class. :lol:

So much for a "secure courier"

It's an odd one. I'm lucky in that my postie's a good 'un and makes sure we get our stuff. I've had nothing but trouble from courier comapnys though. It comes to something when they're bad enough to make you feel more secure from the normal post.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although sometimes the company they use (DX) is just as bad, sometimes they won't deliver the letters unless the person whose name is on the envelope is in or the person standing in has ID of the person whose name is on the envelope and ID of their own.

Considering how easy it can be to "cancel" tickets if the venue is scan-on-entry, just put a block on the bar-code.

Is it me or is the support a bit pants? Considering we got Jay-Z at wembley this is a let down. I was hoping for Noel Gallagher or something

Absolutely. Rita Ora has literally 2 songs on iTunes. 2 songs! What was going through your head Chris?! lol

Not that it'll matter when Coldplay get on stage, that's what it's all about of course. Can't wait, especially after getting the tickets delivered. They look sweet! :D

I know it's a bit early but also I guess I'm not the only one counting the minutes... is there anyone who plans to get there early to be among the first in line to get the perfect place to stand at? Me and my fantastic friend are going and we will get there early and it would be fun to chat with some people before the concert.

I also know there are some people who's going there alone and just sits all day all by themself not talking to everyone and of course, you go there for the band, but standing in line for 12 hours not talking to someone seems kind of boring...

PM :) <3

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone be able to tell me how early I should get there in the morning to be near the front of the general admission section? Thanks!

Early morning, 10am will probably get you near the front of the GA area.

I know it's a bit early but also I guess I'm not the only one counting the minutes... is there anyone who plans to get there early to be among the first in line to get the perfect place to stand at? Me and my fantastic friend are going and we will get there early and it would be fun to chat with some people before the concert.

I also know there are some people who's going there alone and just sits all day all by themself not talking to everyone and of course, you go there for the band, but standing in line for 12 hours not talking to someone seems kind of boring...

PM :) <3

I'll definitely be waiting there early, and meeting fellow coldplayers is one of the best things about going to the concerts. Always great to talk to the real fans rather than people who just know VLV and Paradise!

Although I might be a bit late as I'm going to try and catch that big boat parade on the Thames.

If I'm up in London for that day, I might as well catch it, a diamond julibee won't happen again in my life time (probably)

festcrowd.jpg

Extra tickets for UK dates on sale tomorrow

16 May 2012 4:05 pm

Tickets for all the UK stadium shows on sale from 9am

news_line.png

Good afternoon. Now that the stage designs and dimensions for Coldplay's upcoming UK stadium tour have been finalised, the promoters have been able to release some extra tickets for all of the shows. These tickets - which include standing tickets and good seats - will go on sale at 9am on Thursday morning (17th May) from the following links:

- Gigsandtours

- Ticketmaster

Please note that the number of extra tickets is limited and we expect them to sell quite quickly. The UK tour dates are as follows:

29 May 2012: Coventry - Ricoh Arena

1 June 2012: London - Emirates Stadium

2 June 2012: London - Emirates Stadium

4 June 2012: London - Emirates Stadium

7 June 2012: Sunderland - Stadium Of Light

9 June 2012: Manchester - Etihad Stadium

10 June 2012: Manchester - Etihad Stadium

Anchorman

just bought a general admission ticket for my friend at face value! just wondering if anyone knows whether it matters where you queue up from if it says different places on tickets? i know this didn't matter at wembley in 2009 and everyone was allowed through any turnstile despite what their ticket said?

According to The Oracle it does matter.

May 16, 2012 - submitted by Jack, United Kingdom

Q. Hello O..

Urgent question!

I have a ticket for 1st of June

I am thinking about buying a second ticket for a friend...

They are both pitch standing tickets, but the tickets says we should enter at different locations...mine is turnstile E and the other is L.

we would be queuing for a long time to get to front row... but I don't want to queue separately.

Can we both queue together at one entrance, or do we HAVE to stick to the designated entrance on our tickets?

Many thanks.

The Oracle replies:

The reason you are given different entrances even for standing tickets is to alleviate the pressure at any one entry point rather than have a congested area. It spreads the queues out and is part of health & saftey measures. If all family, friends and acquaintances decided to just queue together and ignore their turnstile letter, it could lead to a surge in numbers.

I have had to queue at a different entrance to the people I have travelled with (turned out I got in half and hour before them so was quite pleased) but we just had a pre-arranged meeting spot once inside. Of course, you could always phone each other once inside...

I was also wondering whether it mattered what turnstile you went to, I don't want to be queuing for 6 hours by myself! As an Arsenal fan I regularly attend the Emirates, and they have electric ticket readers for the turnstiles - you stick your ticket in & at goes green and the turnstile moves. Whether this will be used for Coldplay I don't know, but will your turnstile entrance affect it?

It's due to health and safety to try and stop everybody going to 1 gate, they try and spread the load over several gates, as most likely you will have to go down stairs to get to the pitch.

Might work to your advantage if you are spilt, as one queue might move quicker than the other.