🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The 11th Mixtape Exchange (Mixtapes due December 30 at 11 pm GMT)

an angel

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I feel the same way. I literally took all last night to upload mine so it would be on time, just to find out there'd be a week extension. :\

Oh well. At least this means that for the first time in 7 exchanges, I have my tape turned in early. :lol:

Will I be the first review? :cheesy:

I think sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

So HEY. Ready set GO.

1. Smooth song. I like it a lot, very nice way to start the mixtape :') I just really feel like chilling to it. It has this british influence in the chorus, it's nice.

2. That reminded me of James Blunt a little bit. I like. A little cheesy, but I still enjoy it :wacky:

3. :bigcry: :bigcry: This song :bigcry: I love it. Run by Snow Patrol, a breakthrough classic, making my heart weep.

4. This one is alright. The chorus is a little annoying, and it reminds me of Plain White T's when it comes to the little guitar riff, and the voice reminds me of these punk/emocore bands (except that's actually a very calm song). It's alright, I don't hate it, but it's not my favourite.

5. I'm sorry. I can't. I mean, I have nothing against rap, but it's really not my style of music (I know mixtapes are to make people listen to music they don't usually listen to, but this one song didn't open my eyes to the beauty of rap :/).

6. Oooooo reggae, man. I lost count of many times he says 'man'. Me gusta. Wouldn't lsiten to it all day everyday, but if I need to chill outside, in thesummer with a fruity drink, that'S actually nice music to listen to :wacky:

7. This song is really hip-hop/pop, not really my kind of music. But somehow this one doesn't bother me? It's actually really nice. I think I recognized Lupe Fiasco in there with some other artist and I actually enjoy this rapper. The chorus is quite catchy, I'd say.

8. Saliva. Okay, well I used to be a metalhead, and I still listen to metal often, but this hard rock kind of music really isn't my style, sorry, but I still like it better than track 5 :)

9. I really like this one. The bass is very nice and the way it drives the song is catchy. And then the part that goes 'girl you seem so nice, but I'll be gone by morning time' is lovely. Nice one.

10. Ohhh my god. Heard that song so often on the radio. It's B.O.B., isn't it? Don't let me faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall. I think that because I've heard it so much on the radio before, I got used to it and I don't dislike it, but otherwise I wouldn't really listen to it.

So overall, the mixtape was nice, there were just a few songs that didn't catch my ear, but the rest was great. Thank you, mixtape partner :D Can't wait to see the tracklisting.

Favourite tracks: 1, 2, 3, 9.

A Journey Through The States

I'm also done with my review:

Track by track:

1. A brilliant piano-based track. Nice intro to a mixtape. :) I loved his voice and lyrics so much and I just had to cheat so I googled the lyrics and it's Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise.

I've rarely listened to Sufjan before and I really regret that. But I'm going to change that now!

2. Interesting song. On the first listen it wasn't anything special, but it grew on me as I listened to it more. I think I'll return a lot to this song, which one is it? Something to do with Hawaii.

3. Acoustic track. I think I recognize his voice... Is it Belle & Sebastian? The melody is nice, but pretty repetitive so it's a bit boring to me, sorry. Again something about states... I'd say this is New York.

4. Electronic-instrumental song. As I usually like songs like this, I like this one too. Is it a remix or an original song? I can't figure out the state :P

5. This one starts soooo randomly. I don't have a guess what this is. :P Never heard something like this before, I think it's quite experimental. But I don't really like it. California.

6. I thought it was a Church song first. :lol: It's a slower tempo song mainly based on piano and echoed vocals. "Coloraaaado, Coloraaaaaaaaaaadooooo." I like this one. :)

7. Rap is definetely not a thing for me. (There are some exceptions, though) :blank: But I like the melody of this song. And uhh, I don't know what to expect from this mixtape anymore! :lol: Can't figure out the state.

8. Solid. :P I liked the guitars, but her not really her voice. :) Tennessee? :uhoh:

9. Nice one. :wacky: I loved the part when the violins came in. :wacko: By this point I realized that every song on this mixtape has probably to do something with a certain US state/city. This one's about Massachusetts then. If this is true, then I must say that this is a really well-organised mixtape! :clap:

10. Quite experimental again. :wacky: I looooved this one. It's simple but effective. :D Who is it?

11. I know this one. It's Bloodbuzz Ohio by The National. His voice is special. It's one of my favourite songs by them. :wacky: So yeah, this one must represent Ohio then.

12. Youthful, full of energy song. Loved it. I'd really like to hear more from this artist. :wacky: Which state?

13. I like this one. Somehow reminded me of The Antlers. I think I already heard his voice somewhere before. :) This one stands for Wisconsin.

14. This is Adam Young's voice 100% but I've never heard this song before. It's about Alaska. Loved it's simplicity. Brilliant end for a mixtape: "But somehow I believe that this is home / it's so good to be home."

Overall:

Brilliant mixtape. Tracks work with each other and I love how every track represents one of the US states. I'm definetely going to look for more songs by some of the artists. Looking forward to the tracklisting. Thank you for a brilliant mixtape! :clap: