✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2012 North America Tour announced!

DavidB5

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I've already got frayed nerves worrying about getting tickets. I've got a American Express so that's not an issue. However, there are only 7 shows listed on the amex site. If you go to ticketmaster's site and type in Coldplay, it brings me to Comcast tix. That shows the show with 2 different amex options: amex presale & amex preferred. Could they make this any more confusing? I'm going to take Monday off from work, just so I can buy tickets. I'd like to know what I was doing beforehand.

If anyone has any insight, I'd love to hear it.:confused::confused:

I don't think it'd be rude as long as its a good friend and they don't mind.

K I'll have to talk about it with her then.....

Because if I miss this show because I don't have the right credit card I'm going to rage.

Speaking of which, I hate it when bands have presales like this. . . I think that presales should be a reward to fans. When Muse have presales, they make them available to everyone that was on their mailing list before the tour dates were announced. I think that's a much better method, and then we don't have situations like the one I'm in. :|

I usually go to the Montreal/Ottawa area for a week or so every summer, but this year I'm not sure where I will be working, and when I will be doing an internship that I have lined up, so I can't make plans this far in advance.

Looks like I won't be seeing Coldplay this time around. :(

After my first Coldplay concert I was counting the days until I could see them again but I guess I will have to keep counting. :bigcry:

I'm just so mad..

I'm originally from Vancouver, but I'm in Ontario for university.

Coldplay is coming to Vancouver during April (while I will still be in Ontario)

And they will come to Toronto and Montreal in July, while I will be in Vancouver..

This is just not right!!!! rghghghg I am almost crying..

But I think they will come to Toronto again for second-leg NA tour (thats what happened for VLV tour) or do one show in Ottawa late August or during second-leg..

Anyways, I hope I would see them ASAP..

I have such a love/hate relationship with their tour announcements, sigh. I'm happy about the East Rutherford date, and I was hoping to go to DC and maybe Philly too, but then I saw the ticket PRICES, which are pretty ridiculous, AND when they go onsale, which is starting next week (I won't know til I have a job or not til the following week and therefore whether or not I can to go more than one show at around $127 a ticket :dead:). I have no idea why they're selling them so early, what advantage that is for them. I feel like they could announce it now and have the tickets actually go onsale AFTER Christmas/the holidays, when more people might have more money to spend.

I was actually hoping for stadiums in the US as was rumored, not arenas. Stadiums at least almost guarantee GA (none of these shows seem to have GA sections at the present moment), and slightly less drama in ticket-getting, since there are so many more available. I'm the committed type that would sleep outside for a full day and enjoy it to get front row at a stadium show in GA (and have done it several times before), and am kind of let down that now, despite that willingness, I'm going to be subjected to whatever the Ticketmaster computer coughs up for me. That almost always means shitty seats, because if you get shitty seats turning up on the search, it's a risk to throw them away and try for better when thousands of other people are searching at the same time.

And the PRICES, dear lord. In this economy, and because they're not exactly a struggling band, I feel like they should have tried to keep it under $100 WITH fees for the best tickets. Dave Holmes even mentioned that in the Billboard article this year, but it doesn't seem like they're following that ideal anymore. Sigh. I just think $127 for something that's not nosebleed is really steep, no matter who the artist.

Oh, and I saw a few people asking about how the presale works. I'm pretty experienced with that, so I thought I'd help out:

You HAVE to have an American Express card to participate, obviously. The "preferred seating" is something else, unless you know what that is already and have the proper code, ignore that. There are a specific number of tickets allotted for the Amex presale, so people without Amex, don't worry--the whole gig can't be eaten up just by people with Amex cards.

The disadvantage to a presale is that only SOME tickets are available, and often not the best ones. When you run a search for tickets on the presale, you're not searching the whole stadium for what's available, you're only searching in a few sections (I think usually 3-4, maybe more) for available tickets, and they're not usually the best/closest sections. So you'll get tickets, but often kind of mediocre ones, whereas if you wait for the general sale, it's much more of a bloodbath with thousands of other people trying for tickets too, but ALL of the arena (minus what's already owned by corporations and the like) is onsale, so you could end up with better/closer seats.

I have no idea why some of the dates aren't currently on the Ticketmaster presale list, but they might be added in the coming days via Ticketmaster. I want to know too, because the show I want to go to isn't there currently! :uhoh:

Oh, and I saw a few people asking about how the presale works. I'm pretty experienced with that, so I thought I'd help out:

You HAVE to have an American Express card to participate, obviously. The "preferred seating" is something else, unless you know what that is already and have the proper code, ignore that. There are a specific number of tickets allotted for the Amex presale, so people without Amex, don't worry--the whole gig can't be eaten up just by people with Amex cards.

The disadvantage to a presale is that only SOME tickets are available, and often not the best ones. When you run a search for tickets on the presale, you're not searching the whole stadium for what's available, you're only searching in a few sections (I think usually 3-4, maybe more) for available tickets, and they're not usually the best/closest sections. So you'll get tickets, but often kind of mediocre ones, whereas if you wait for the general sale, it's much more of a bloodbath with thousands of other people trying for tickets too, but ALL of the arena (minus what's already owned by corporations and the like) is onsale, so you could end up with better/closer seats.

I have no idea why some of the dates aren't currently on the Ticketmaster presale list, but they might be added in the coming days via Ticketmaster. I want to know too, because the show I want to go to isn't there currently! :uhoh:

Thank you for the explanation, that makes me feel better. I don't have an AMEX card and usually when I have gotten tickets in the past, they have been during the presal so I was a little nervous.