✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2012 North America Tour announced!

DavidB5

How loud with the music be if I get tickets near the stage? I am willing to endure louder music than is completely comfortable, but I also don't want my ears ringing for 24 hours after the concert. I know it is a huge concert and you are just supposed to let live, but there is a point where the music can be TOO loud. I love Coldplay's music too much for it to be drowned out by unnecessarily loud noise.

when I was front row in the pit, my ears were ringing for a couple of hours, but that's because I was standing directly in front of an amp. Coldplay concerts aren't generally too loud! definitely not earplug-worthy, in my opinion...

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've decided, this officially sucks. We were promised stadiums and we get arenas, so no GA. There goes my plans for a group meetup. And it's so frustrating to know that the quality of my seats will be left up to random chance. Plus there's the fact that these floor seats will likely be even harder to get than a GA ticket, since I'm assuming there will be less of them, as it will be an arena as opposed to a stadium.

Or it could simply be that all that noise has damaged your hearing over the years, so it only seems that the volume is lower. :nod:

oh snap

It was super loud when I went, and I was in the middle of the venue. I still had trouble hearing the next morning.

Touche...but ask my kids, my hearing is just fine, because I can hear every single word they say under their breath when I tell them to do their chores ;)

For the San Jose show:

US $46.50 - US $107.00

US $46.50 Ticket + US $12.75 Fees = US $59.25

US $107.00 Ticket + US $17.00 Fees = US $124.00

Ticketmaster fees are ridiculous. In addition to the fees above, there is a charge for shipping or even if you print them out yourself. Add in another "order processing fee" and the price just keeps going up :(

Stubhub is basically a scalping site, despite what they tell you. Seats that are originally $50 could go for $150 easily. The reason they can do this is because of a contractual agreement, think of a consignment shop, so fees / taxes exchange hands and therefore they are able to operate under U.S. laws. Therefore it's not considered scalping. But don't waste your time on there, you'll spend much more than you should. If you can't get a good ticket during the sale, try Ebay, you'll have much better luck getting something around face value.

I've been to the Toyota Center in Houston. It's a gorgeous arena, but man it's massive. I suggest not sitting in sections 415 - 421 if you can help it. Although these are the cheapest seats, they are waaaaaaay out there, since the arena is so massive. I think it seats nearly 20,000 so it's bigger than most. Anyway, if you can get something closer, go for it, but if your budget doesn't allow it, you'll still have a good time, no question about it, but you'll be further out there. By comparison, American Airlines center in Dallas (the same seats toward the back) has a better view since the arena goes a bit further up than out, if that makes sense.

Anyway, here's a seating chart of Houston's arena. This should be the same layout for the Coldplay show. Check with the Toyota Center website during the next week and see if anything is different. Good luck!

ToyotaCenter_Endstage-Zone_2009-12-05_2010-06-08%201329_tn.gif

P.S. - I've seen Coldplay three times live (each during the "Viva" tour). At each show I sat in different types of seats....very close, semi-close, and in the back. Each time I had a great time because everyone at the show claps, sings and has a great time. I don't want to discourage you from getting a seat. No matter where you sit, you'll have a good time, even if it's toward the back. You'll still enjoy singing, dancing, acting crazy... :) What matters is that you enjoy yourself.

Thank you thank you thank you for the information! This really helped me in decided what to do. I guess it's probably best to just buy anything I can that isn't section E.

And also does anyone know what the difference between "American Express® Preferred Seating" and "American Express® Cardmember Presale" is?

OMG!! Guys, you don't know how sad I am! They finally announce their summer tour and they'll be going to Miami June 29, but I have to be in Paris, France by June 29th for my study abroad program!!! :(

Right when they finally decide to leave Europe and head to the US, I'll be doing the exact opposite. :(

Pretty darn loud, methinks. At the concert I went to, when the opening act started playing, venue employees were going around selling earplugs; I was surprised how many people actually bought them (even the lady I was with bought some)! You can still hear just fine with them in, but that way won't be deaf afterward. :tongue: You could always bring some of your own, nothing fancy, just cheap foam ones that fit in your pocket.

I would highly recommend getting Etymotic's earplugs:

http://www.etymotic.com/hp/er20.html

Yes, they are kind of expensive for earplugs ($13), but my brothers and I have used them for all of the concerts we've gone to. They don't muffle any of the sound, like the cheap crappy foam ones, they just make it quieter. Don't worry, you'll be able to hear everything just fine, but your hearing won't get damaged. I used them for both of the Muse concerts I went to. I was at the barrier both times, and I forgot I even had them in. I didn't have any ringing in my ears afterwords, unlike some of my friends that went with me. :)

No Ohio or even western PA tour dates is a real bummer -- I do hope they add more...

I can't wait another 3 years to see Coldplay live!

I can't imagine that they'd leave out the entire midwest (except Chicago). I'd expect them later this year or sometime in 2013. I'm unfortunately going to have to wait until they can come to Ohio, as traveling to Chicago for a concert isn't really possible for me.

I would highly recommend getting Etymotic's earplugs:

http://www.etymotic.com/hp/er20.html

Yes, they are kind of expensive for earplugs ($13), but my brothers and I have used them for all of the concerts we've gone to. They don't muffle any of the sound, like the cheap crappy foam ones, they just make it quieter. Don't worry, you'll be able to hear everything just fine, but your hearing won't get damaged. I used them for both of the Muse concerts I went to. I was at the barrier both times, and I forgot I even had them in. I didn't have any ringing in my ears afterwords, unlike some of my friends that went with me. :)

Those are good plugs. I use them when I have to play in a pit setting and the trumpets sit right behind me.

I didn't use earplugs the two times I went and saw Coldplay during the Viva tour.....and we were even sitting right in front of one of the amps the second time.

ToyotaCenter_Endstage-Zone_2009-12-05_2010-06-08%201329_tn.gif

Toyota Centre is great! For reference, My avi is me at the 2008 gig sitting in section 105, row 6 - best seats I've ever had to a Coldplay show if you don't count the PIT in Dallas, but those weren't seats! :awesome:

Basically, if you get seats in the first 10 or so rows of sections 120-123 or 104-107, you will have great seats.

Hey guys, so I have a question: I have access to a AMEX card, but I'm wondering whether or not I should try to use it for the presale? I'd hate to get tickets via presale, only to find out that I could have gotten better tickets if I had waited. Any suggestions?

It's a gamble, either definitely have tickets through the presale even if they aren't the best, or try to get better tickets during the general public sale and maybe get better seats, maybe worse. It's your decision of course. :P

okay, question.

so, the LA show is not on ticketmaster yet, correct ?

Will there be an AMEX presale on this one or what ?

Any idea on the price range?

i'm a working guy, need to get 4 tickets for my whole family, gotta work my ass off for the best there is

From the announcement on Coldplay.com:

Tickets go on general sale on Saturday' date=' 17 December at 10am (local time) from 1-800-745-3000, Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. Before that, you can use any American Express card to purchase advance tickets, from Monday, 12 December, at 10am (local time) until Friday, 16 December, at 10pm (local time). The advance AMEX tickets will be available from here for all shows except Portland (here), Philadelphia (here) and Houston (here). [b']NB: The tickets for the two LA Bowl shows will not go on sale until January 2012.[/b]

I don't know if there will be a presale for them, but either way the tickets will be sold in January. The prices seem to be between $50 and $130. :nice:

okay, question.

so, the LA show is not on ticketmaster yet, correct ?

Will there be an AMEX presale on this one or what ?

Any idea on the price range?

i'm a working guy, need to get 4 tickets for my whole family, gotta work my ass off for the best there is

No, not yet. They are not on sale until January 9th, not sure if there is a presale or not. I would check back there in a few weeks. I'm also planning on going to one of the Hollywood Bowl shows. I checked the Hollywood Bowl website but there isn't any info yet on ticket prices.

Thanks for all the discussion and advice re: tickets. I was super concerned about Toronto not being online yet - at ALL, only on the Coldplay website. So crazy!

I called AMEX today and they 'tentatively' have the Front of the Line tickets going on sale on December 14th NOT 12th at 10am. Not sure I believe it. The guy said to keep checking on their website as they are the official final decision on this type of thing.

After reading this, I wonder if I should take my chances and wait for the regular Ticketmaster online insanity and panic (such an adrenaline rush!!) to get better seats.

I would love General Admission like we had at the Rogers Center last time, but its at the Air Canada Centre instead. I'm a shorty as well...always seem to find the tallest person possible right in front of me!

I wonder if they will add a second show - there seems to be time for it.