✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2012 North America Tour announced!

DavidB5

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who are wondering why they don't appear to be coming to your city like they did last time, don't worry. The announcement said that these are the dates "so far". That means there will be more. I highly doubt they would skip New York. And they visited Detroit twice on the last tour, when it's not on this list. Have no fear, they'll announce plenty more dates. :nice: I would go to the Chicago show, but that happens to fall on my hubby's birthday so I should probably not take a road trip leaving town for a few days, and spend time with him at home instead.

I have such a love/hate relationship with their tour announcements, sigh. I'm happy about the East Rutherford date, and I was hoping to go to DC and maybe Philly too, but then I saw the ticket PRICES, which are pretty ridiculous, AND when they go onsale, which is starting next week (I won't know til I have a job or not til the following week and therefore whether or not I can to go more than one show at around $127 a ticket :dead:). I have no idea why they're selling them so early, what advantage that is for them. I feel like they could announce it now and have the tickets actually go onsale AFTER Christmas/the holidays, when more people might have more money to spend.

I was actually hoping for stadiums in the US as was rumored, not arenas. Stadiums at least almost guarantee GA (none of these shows seem to have GA sections at the present moment), and slightly less drama in ticket-getting, since there are so many more available. I'm the committed type that would sleep outside for a full day and enjoy it to get front row at a stadium show in GA (and have done it several times before), and am kind of let down that now, despite that willingness, I'm going to be subjected to whatever the Ticketmaster computer coughs up for me. That almost always means shitty seats, because if you get shitty seats turning up on the search, it's a risk to throw them away and try for better when thousands of other people are searching at the same time.

And the PRICES, dear lord. In this economy, and because they're not exactly a struggling band, I feel like they should have tried to keep it under $100 WITH fees for the best tickets. Dave Holmes even mentioned that in the Billboard article this year, but it doesn't seem like they're following that ideal anymore. Sigh. I just think $127 for something that's not nosebleed is really steep, no matter who the artist.

Well put. I mean, I understand there's lots of production involved with their show, but it just seems like a little much. That's twice the price of RH tickets, methinks.

The only thing I'm not sure I agree with you about is the whole arena/stadium thing. Depending on the artist, arenas have different setups for seating. When I went to a concert at the arena down the road from me (The Palace of Auburn Hills), there was a HUGE general admission section on the floor in front of the stage, it took up the entire area of the Pistons basketball court. I think you'll be fine if that's the type of experience you're looking for, most arenas will do the same thing if that's what the artist has in mind.

Hope i can get tickets for Hp Pavillion in San Jose. They might sell out...?

Where can i buy tickets??

I am also planning on going to that show. Presale starts Monday at 10AM if you have an AMEX card. General sale begins next Saturday the 17th at 10AM. You can buy them here once they go on sale:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C004787CB587E34?artistid=806431&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

According to Ticketmaster (which is subject to change, though), there's not going to be GA, and on one of the legs of the US Viva tour, at some of the same venues like the Izod Center etc, there weren't GA sections then, so I don't know what I think about the odds of that happening this time. But Ticketmaster could change the info they have up too, we'll just have to see.

Haha. Were you there too?

I could only get tickets up in the nosebleeds...the crowd up there was pretty lame. :P

no but i watched youtube vids and during the end of viva they didnt even ooooooo with will and chris i mean come on! lol

For reference: when Coldplay last played the Izod Centre in NJ, I was lucky enough to be upgraded by R#42. The tickets he handed me, which were in the very front row of the floor seats, aren't even onsale to the general public. The first 5-ish rows are usually saved for family/friends/corporations/contest winners etc. I think the same will be true for this tour.

For reference: when Coldplay last played the Izod Centre in NJ, I was lucky enough to be upgraded by R#42. The tickets he handed me, which were in the very front row of the floor seats, aren't even onsale to the general public. The first 5-ish rows are usually saved for family/friends/corporations/contest winners etc. I think the same will be true for this tour.

That means it's floor seats and not GA?! :bigcry:

Right now it doesn't look like there's going to be GA, but that could change--it has before, anyway.

And on the Viva tour, R#42 used to go around the nosebleed seats and give front-row tickets to people that looked like big fans that got bad tickets. I knew they did this, so when I saw them doing this at the Izod Centre, I got up all my courage and asked, and he gave them to me. He had four left and we got them...and then we sat in these nice front-row seats and who comes out but Gwyneth, her mother, and two other people...and they saw their seats were taken so they had to go somewhere else on the side :lol:

Oh, and I saw a few people asking about how the presale works. I'm pretty experienced with that, so I thought I'd help out:

You HAVE to have an American Express card to participate, obviously. The "preferred seating" is something else, unless you know what that is already and have the proper code, ignore that. There are a specific number of tickets allotted for the Amex presale, so people without Amex, don't worry--the whole gig can't be eaten up just by people with Amex cards.

The disadvantage to a presale is that only SOME tickets are available, and often not the best ones. When you run a search for tickets on the presale, you're not searching the whole stadium for what's available, you're only searching in a few sections (I think usually 3-4, maybe more) for available tickets, and they're not usually the best/closest sections. So you'll get tickets, but often kind of mediocre ones, whereas if you wait for the general sale, it's much more of a bloodbath with thousands of other people trying for tickets too, but ALL of the arena (minus what's already owned by corporations and the like) is onsale, so you could end up with better/closer seats.

I have no idea why some of the dates aren't currently on the Ticketmaster presale list, but they might be added in the coming days via Ticketmaster. I want to know too, because the show I want to go to isn't there currently! :uhoh:

Thank you SO much for this post! :hug:

I'm extremely short and therefore do not really want to be on the floor (especially with chairs in the way and whatnot, ugh). It looks like I'm going to be able to borrow my grandma's amex card so I can participate in the presale..... do you think they'll be selling decent first-tier seating then?

Btw I agree about prices, come on! It's not even like they have some sort of extravagant stage..... Even Muse's tickets were only $70 or so after fees, and they had to drag their three tower stage across an ocean.....

The RXP festival tickets were only about $120, and with those I would have been seeing Coldplay, Richard Ashcroft, TDCC, The Kooks, etc. Come on Coldplay, don't make your fans broke. :|

No problem! :nice: And I'm short as well, so floor seats really are a no-go for me unless I could somehow get to the front, or it's GA and I can assure I can be in the front by waiting all day :P.

I just did another Amex presale for Arctic Monkeys and The Black Keys at MSG a few days ago (ANOTHER reason I'm not quite ready to shell out for another gig for awhile) and they had I think 4 sections (maybe more, but I only saw three) up for the presale: two in the 300s, which were not great seats at all, and two in the 100s, directly across from the stage, so it's far, but a dead-on view. I got two tickets in the 100s, the first tier, but I had to buy two separate tickets rather than two together because there were no pairs left by the time I was ready to buy. I just really didn't want to duke it out in the general sale, especially with the prevalence of scalpers these days.

No problem! :nice: And I'm short as well, so floor seats really are a no-go for me unless I could somehow get to the front, or it's GA and I can assure I can be in the front by waiting all day :P.

I just did another Amex presale for Arctic Monkeys and The Black Keys at MSG a few days ago (ANOTHER reason I'm not quite ready to shell out for another gig for awhile) and they had I think 4 sections (maybe more, but I only saw three) up for the presale: two in the 300s, which were not great seats at all, and two in the 100s, directly across from the stage, so it's far, but a dead-on view. I got two tickets in the 100s, the first tier, but I had to buy two separate tickets rather than two together because there were no pairs left by the time I was ready to buy. I just really didn't want to duke it out in the general sale, especially with the prevalence of scalpers these days.

Yay short people :awesome:

Oh I'm so jealous, I wanted to go to that but I didn't catch the sale and now the only tickets left are in the 400s D: Not even worth it ;_;

Okay thank you, that gives me a better idea of what to do. Since I'm only 15 and therefore have no credit card, I have to rely on my parents and they've only bought tickets twice (Muse, after the majority of people bought tickets and left us in the nosebleeds :P, and RXP festival which we nailed the presale for :awesome:) so I'll have to see- if the seats from presale are decent, we may just take those and be happy. If not, we'll try our best at the general sale lol.

I don't know whether I should get a ticket for the Chicago or Toronto show or if I should wait. If they add tour dates, will it be between shows that are already scheduled, or will they be added on to the end of the dates already shown. This makes a huge difference because I'm studying abroad next fall and will be leaving in August.

I've never been to a Coldplay concert before! I'm afraid I'm going to screw up royally if I don't buy a ticket right as the sales open up, but last time they came to Indianapolis, which is a lot closer than any of the other venues.

I don't know what to do!!!!!!!

I am also planning on going to that show. Presale starts Monday at 10AM if you have an AMEX card. General sale begins next Saturday the 17th at 10AM. You can buy them here once they go on sale:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C004787CB587E34?artistid=806431&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

ok thanks. If we buy the tickets, we come from up north in Santa Rosa. A city 60 miles north of SF if you dont know =P

Hey guys, I've never been to any type of concert before and I think this is a great opportunity to go. It's in Houston over the summer meaning I won't have to miss school which is great. But I've got a few questions thought. The cheapest tickets for Houston are showing up to be 49.50 and then fees, will these be complete nosebleed crap seats, or do I actually have a shot at getting good seats for those price? There are only 3 price ranges showing up on the site right now, will more be added or is this just it? Also what's the best move for me now, get them in the presale, or wait and see if something good pops on on stubhub or something else for around the $60 range? I'd really appreciate it if I could get some help, thanks!