✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

YES! They're coming to Tulsa!!!! I'm just an hour away from the BOK center! I HAVE to see this show!! I've never seen Muse live before!!

Aaah they're unbelievable live, my mom hates their music on the album but she said it was the best concert she's been to. c:

Aaah they're unbelievable live, my mom hates their music on the album but she said it was the best concert she's been to. c:

My mom actually doesn't mind Muse on the record but she says she hates them live because of how Matt breathes. :blank:

They announced 9 dates yesterday and 9 more today. More are coming. Looks like they can head to Texas in March (SXSW perhaps? Obviously Dallas/Houston would get shows too.)

March. Just in time for my birthday. Brilliant. I shall try to be patient and see what happens. Dallas/Houston would be better, seeing as SXSW is around Austin (isn't it?), and Austin is still a 6-hour drive, as opposed to 3 for Dallas/Houston. (Actually, Houston is probably more 2-2 1/2 hours. Hmmm.)

Anyway, I caught the boys on SNL last night. I have a confession to make.

I think I really like "Madness" now. I've gotten to where I like it with more listens, and their performance last night pretty much sealed the deal. Matt just sounded SO PRETTY.

(This is where some of you can probably say, "I told you so.")

On another note, I've officially decided that "Panic Station" is the most annoying Muse song ever. I've tried getting into it. I just can't. :bomb:

My mom actually doesn't mind Muse on the record but she says she hates them live because of how Matt breathes. :blank:

...But Matt breathes like that in studio also. It's pretty noticeable.

Having said that, I can understand why your mom feels that way. He can be pretty noisy, and it can sometimes be a bit of a distraction.

Apparently Muse played Bliss in Paris tonight. So much for saying goodbye to Origin of Symmetry :lol:

I would kill to hear them play Bliss live again :wacky:

Yes they played Bliss and it's always a pleasure to hear it in live!!!!

The gig was awesome:

Supremacy is good in live, Survival too with the Matt's riff, Madness and the power of Chris's bass (double neck), Panic Station and Follow Me is only songs to take a break and take pictures or videos ;)

And there are good old songs: Bliss, KoC, SS...

I don't like the new album but Muse is always good to hear in live.

Can't wait to see them again!

Bliss in Paris:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRCjN6KBMBI]Muse - Bliss - Olympia - Multicam by titoufou17 - YouTube[/ame]

March. Just in time for my birthday. Brilliant. I shall try to be patient and see what happens. Dallas/Houston would be better, seeing as SXSW is around Austin (isn't it?), and Austin is still a 6-hour drive, as opposed to 3 for Dallas/Houston. (Actually, Houston is probably more 2-2 1/2 hours. Hmmm.)

SXSW is in Austin. But it's a semi-exclusive event. Plus, passes that get you into the good stuff are like $700. Whereas it'll be like $65 in a Dallas or Houston arena.

(This is where some of you can probably say, "I told you so.")

And I tell you that you've gone to the dark side. :laugh3:

$700? Screw that. I don't have that sort of money, anyway. I'll definitely shoot for Dallas or Houston. Preferably Houston.

...The dark side. That figures, coming from you. :tongue: It's not my fault, anyway. It's Matt's.

Yes they played Bliss and it's always a pleasure to hear it in live!!!!

The gig was awesome:

Supremacy is good in live, Survival too with the Matt's riff, Madness and the power of Chris's bass (double neck), Panic Station and Follow Me is only songs to take a break and take pictures or videos ;)

And there are good old songs: Bliss, KoC, SS...

I don't like the new album but Muse is always good to hear in live.

Can't wait to see them again!

Bliss in Paris:

Muse - Bliss - Olympia - Multicam by titoufou17 - YouTube

It is painfully obvious how much fun they have playing this.

Apparently I'm one of the very few people who successfully got a GA ticket for the LA show. Mandatory will call this time is gonna be annoying, though.

I'd of pegged you as a proponent of such measures. :)

Definitely much harder to get tickets for them this go around.

I finally got a chance to hear the whole album today and despite the mixed reviews it's receiving on this forum I really dig The Second Law:D

A lot of great cuts in there I think, but I haven't been a Muse song as long as a lot of the people in this thread so I guess that may be a reason why my views are different.:shrug:

Edit: Oops yeah fan not song. Thanks Wyrd. Probably that dang auto spell....

Anything with as much new style to it as the new album is bound to have something of a mixed reaction TBH. Personally, I dig most of the new stuff. Madness is probably as close to early 90's U2 as I've ever heard any band come (and that includes subsequent U2), which in my book is about the highest praise I can offer something. I'm also really digging Chris' songs, which gives the band a whole new dimension to draw on going forward.

I'd of pegged you as a proponent of such measures. :)

Definitely much harder to get tickets for them this go around.

I do like will call at smaller gigs. But it can be a hassle at larger shows. That said, I'm not sure if every single GA is will call or if those sold through Ticketmaster will be different. Because when Muse's presale said "paperless", I thought it meant using your credit card for entry like Radiohead did. So we'll see what happens in the upcoming sales.

I do like will call at smaller gigs. But it can be a hassle at larger shows. That said, I'm not sure if every single GA is will call or if those sold through Ticketmaster will be different. Because when Muse's presale said "paperless", I thought it meant using your credit card for entry like Radiohead did. So we'll see what happens in the upcoming sales.

There are some jurisdictions where it's illegal (or at least restricted) to sell someone a non transferable ticket. Maybe they can't do the paperless everywhere.