✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

I already knew Survival, Uns.. and Madness and decided to give it try, started with generally most revered songs. Panic Station was quite good in its own way, Animals decent, both better than the 3 aforementioed (which were from utterly shite to meh). Then Supremacy and here I stopped forever. This piece is just worse than Survival and thats something. I dont get this band and their fans who, from all better options just consider songs like this or Survival or Unsustainable as masterful.

Its a musers thing you wouldnt understand.

Its a musers thing you wouldnt understand.

This quotation reminds me of an Arctic Monkeys lyric.

"His bird says it's amazing though, so all that's left

is the proof that love's not only blind but deaf."

Am I the only one here who thinks the best track off the album is Explorers? It's so good!

Stood out for me on first listen.

My revised tracklist

1. Supremacy

2. Madness

3. Panic Station

4. Big Freeze

5. Follow Me

6. Animals

7. Liquid State

8. Save Me

9. Explorers

Explorers would have been an excellent closer.

Much better at least than the current one Isolated System

BTW my favorite part off the entire album is the last 10 seconds of Supremacy

The awkward moment when someone on your T/L says: 'Well, they've done it. I didn't think they could make an album better than the flawless Resistance... But they have. The 2nd Law is the best muse album (with The Resistance =2nd)'

No.

Just no.

Why? My friend who started to be a muser along with me back in 2003 before Absolution was released thinks the 2nd Law is the best album to date. It is matter of personal taste.

Why? My friend who started to be a muser along with me back in 2003 before Absolution was released thinks the 2nd Law is the best album to date. It is matter of personal taste.

Oh no, I don't mean T2L bit; should've made that clearer :lol:. It's the fact that he said that The Resistance was flawless and had been the best up until now. That's what I contest.

I don't mind how you'd rank them beyond the fact that The Resistance should never, ever be first on a list (unless you're doing worst, and then I will accept it at a number one position).

It was weak.

The 2nd Law is the new Absolution, i remember most musers really hated it when it came out but it has ultimately become the most liked now

Most loved by the flood of ~angsty~ teenage girls that became Muse fans, yeah. I'd say that's valid.

This album, it's a dud. It's really bad. The quality of their stuff is a constant decline.

Yeah, but there's personal taste and then there's ignorance of earlier material, and the chances are, it's gonna be the latter. Just look at the poll at the top of your page :P

Having said that, I met a girl who said she was gutted Muse didn't play Neutron Star Collision when she saw them. I was like "Ahh, you not a big fan of Muse?" and she said "Well, I've seen them 13 times". Shut me right up, that did. :laugh3:

Yeah, but there's personal taste and then there's ignorance of earlier material, and the chances are, it's gonna be the latter. Just look at the poll at the top of your page :P

Having said that, I met a girl who said she was gutted Muse didn't play Neutron Star Collision when she saw them. I was like "Ahh, you not a big fan of Muse?" and she said "Well, I've seen them 13 times". Shut me right up, that did. :laugh3:

I would add The 2nd Law to the poll if I could just to see :rolleyes: But I cant even if Im the creator of it. I once was at festival for Muse and saw a 50+ years old couple standing there 12 hours for Muse since the beginning of the day. Now from only that i could they were huge fans,but they sang along all the songs :stunned:

I would add The 2nd Law to the poll if I could just to see :rolleyes: But I cant even if Im the creator of it. I once was at festival for Muse and saw a 50+ years old couple standing there 12 hours for Muse since the beginning of the day. Now from only that i could they were huge fans,but they sang along all the songs :stunned:

Yeah, but look how many favour The Resistance...

My mum's 54, and she has Gorillaz, Kings of Leon, Kanye West and Arctic Monkeys on her iPod. She loves Arctic Monkeys, wants to see them next time we go. She loves Do Me A Favour.

But she hates Muse. He has a "slidey voice" apparently...

tumblr_m7l1plASAG1r7jlivo1_400.gif

^ I feel so sorry for you. I have a hard enough time dealing with typical fan fiction, much less slash fiction.

Here, Christina, have a hug. :hug:

Haha thanks! :hug:

I decided to read it just for shiggles and OH MY GOD this is the funniest thing I've ever seen

Honestly, there is some terrific fanfiction out there.

But this is not it.

And when it's 2 irl people being shipped it's just. . . weird.

if you want a laugh

a little excerpt

He can’t believe it happened for real. When Dom placed his mouth on his own lips, for Matthew it was as if there was a legendary genius around who had granted his biggest wish.