✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

OMG, I found a story about a three-way with Matt, Dom, and Adam Levine.

Matt & Dom meet Adam Levine from Maroon 5 and decide to seduce him. He comes at their studio but is scared when the boys begin to touch him, so he runs away. Now, Matt & Dom are going back to their hotel while Adam is trying to forget what happened.

But deep inside, Adam is curios and Matt and Dom can't wait to teach him a lot of interesting stuff...

BRB, dying.

ETA: That moment when you decide to read for shiggles and come across this.

FUCK ME LIKE A GLITTERATI!

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

^I'm sure I know that user on Livejournal. The premise of the fic sounds extremely familiar and I'm sure I've seen that quote bandied around somewhere before.

That being said; doesn't make it any less hilarious. :laugh3:

One of the Belldom fics is being published though. So they're not all that terrible... Just some of them are.

Yeah, but look how many favour The Resistance...

My mum's 54, and she has Gorillaz, Kings of Leon, Kanye West and Arctic Monkeys on her iPod. She loves Arctic Monkeys, wants to see them next time we go. She loves Do Me A Favour.

But she hates Muse. He has a "slidey voice" apparently...

tumblr_m7l1plASAG1r7jlivo1_400.gif

At least OoS has the most votes.

^At least MX had the sense to be an album.

T2L just feels like it is bits and pieces everywhere. Played in order it makes no sense, it's so jarring and Supremacy in to Madness is quite frankly, frikkin' madness. It lacks togetherness and cohesion.

But then the highlights on T2L are better than MX.

I might actually write a list on T2L vs. MX to decide

I think it's unfair to call it Muse's MX.

MX is far better, even without being a great album.

And here's where I butt in and say. NO! Or WA WA ... WA WA.

Sorry, for me it's Muse's worst album but I would still prefer it over MX each and every single day. :\

And here's where I butt in and say. NO! Or WA WA ... WA WA.

Sorry, for me it's Muse's worst album but I would still prefer it over MX each and every single day. :\

Wa wa wa wa? Don't tell me you're one of those people who think that repetitive syllables makes a song bad... :(

^At least MX had the sense to be an album.

T2L just feels like it is bits and pieces everywhere. Played in order it makes no sense, it's so jarring and Supremacy in to Madness is quite frankly, frikkin' madness. It lacks togetherness and cohesion.

But then the highlights on T2L are better than MX.

I might actually write a list on T2L vs. MX to decide

MX/Hurts Like Heaven Vs Supremacy

ParadiseVs Madness

Charlie Brown Vs Panic Station

Us Against the World Vs Prelude+Survival

MMIX/Every Teardrop Vs Animals

UFO VS Explorers

Princess of China Vs Big Freeze

Up In Flames Vs Save Me

AHT/Don't Let It Break Your Heart Vs Liquid State

Up With The Birds Vs The 2nd Law

Mylo Xyloto 5-4 The 2nd Law

I've bolded what I think is public opinion.

Which isn't my opinion, I'm just going by whether people either love one or hate the other. It's pretty close, and an unfair representation, though.

Anything that is judged by "Do people hate U2-channelled shit more than Rihanna" is not good :P

^ I really liked Supremacy, but no way it's better than HLH

I prefer Hurts Like Heaven too, but everyone's saying Supremacy's the highlight, and that it's the best Muse song for years, so I favoured it over Heaven on that basis.

I prefer Paradise, Princess of China and Every Teardrop the 2nd Law's equivalents too.

Save Me is my favourite song on this album. It reminds me a little of the "AROBTTH" era and even a little of the "Parachutes" era. Is it just me or you can hear some sounds of these eras too? Especially in the last minute and a half. These are my feelings about.

I heard someone compare it to Bowie. A Rush of Blood is quite Bowie, I guess.

Wa wa wa wa? Don't tell me you're one of those people who think that repetitive syllables makes a song bad... :(

I don't think she is that way. I'm not, either, and I still dislike the song.

EDIT: Well...repetitiveness sometimes gets on my nerves. I think it depends on how it's utilized. At any rate, it's not the only reason I dislike the song.

EDIT: Well...repetitiveness sometimes gets on my nerves. I think it depends on how it's utilized. At any rate, it's not the only reason I dislike the song.

Yeah I quite understand anyone that doesn't like the song, but I just can't grasp why people say things like "Para para? Where's the imagination?" or "M-m-m-m-madness is Muse's Wa-wa-wa-wa-waterfall, they've ripped it off".

It's like saying the "Woahs" in Viva La Vida are ripped off from Wake Up by Arcade Fire.

Or that it's unimaginative to put a solo in instead of a middle eight.

NONSENSICAL, FOLKS.

No, I'm not one of those persons, thanks Violet.

I still hate wawawa because it's just overall bad. Musically, lyrically, catastrophically.

And I don't feel like MX is cohesive at all, I wrote a rather large review about that somewhere here in the WoM. Therefore the whole "MX feels like an album because it's cohesive" doesn't work for me at all. Sorry.

All I'm saying is that I prefer The 2nd Law over MX every day. I think it does work as an album ... it still feels like Muse's worst album though, just like MX feels like Coldplay's worst.

Another reason for me is that I actually went on strike during three songs from MX during the concert. I just did nothing, no singing, no dancing, no screaming and definitely no applauding. And everyone who has seen me at concerts before knows that that is pretty unusual. I just couldn't bring myself to actually cheer for those songs.

Even though The 2nd Law is not really my favourite album, I can see me cheering during each song live. I can tolerate it, none of the songs make me want to cover my ears. Not really the best thing you could say about an album, but yeah...