✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

@Violet...we clearly have so much to talk about! :) All I can say about the double reeds is good luck with that bassoon fingering chart. I have tiny hands so it was difficult for me to play it. Oboe was easy for me because I played for about 2 months in 7th grade before I decided to go back to flute (I started on flute, went to oboe, back to flute, and then to horn in the 9th grade....and only because the quarterback of the JV football team played horn, too. I caught onto it easily, but I intentionally shanked my chair tests so that I could sit next to him that year. Ah the things we do for a crush). Oboe fingerings are very similar to flute, so if you know the flute fingerings, oboe won't be a problem.

I do play tenor horn! It's a nickel Besson and it plays beautifully! I play 1st tenor horn in the Ozark Mountain British Brass Band. Used to play 2nd, but I was bumped up to 1st when the lady playing 1st retired. I actually prefer to play 2nd, though.

Freelancing is so much fun. I can't even begin to tell you! When I went to college I only majored in education because I was afraid I wasn't good enough to be a performance major. I did everything a performance major does in terms of recitals and chamber work, but I didn't take the extra classes. I was fortunate to marry a wonderful guy who makes enough money to support us. We have two children, a 6 year old girl and 3 year old boy, and I stay home and take care of them and in my spare time I play in the brass band, with the Arkansas Philharmonic as 3rd horn, utility horn for the Fort Smith Symphony, and I play and sing in a brass quintet + percussion called Naturally Brass. We play mostly rock, funk, dixieland, jazz, swing, and blues. We do the band camp circuit in the summer, weddings, and dance hall gigs during the winter and play conventions. I got to meet Bruce Jenner last year and got to meet and play for LL Cool J!!

And of course......the shows! I'm doing "The Sound of Music" right now, but I just got finished doing "Phantom of the Opera" a few months ago. Playing in the pit for the shows is probably one of my favorite things to do!

Wow, okay, I feel REALLY terrible that I hijacked this poor Muse thread again! I'm currently listening to OoS. And I want to list my top 10 favorite songs, but I don't think I should! I haven't heard Showbiz yet!

Muse :wacky:

I hadn't listened to them for quite a while and then I decided to start my bday a few weeks ago listening to absolution. It was too good :awesome: /cool story bro

:dazzled:

So, since it's somewhat Muse related, I'd thought I would just let you all know that Bliss the betta is very happy and healthy and, well, blissful. :dazzled:

He's gorgeous too, and his red color is starting to spread on his fins more. :wacky: I saw a fish that could be his twin selling for $35 on aquabid (fishy eBay, don't laugh :P)

awwwwwww

i want a pet too but sadly im afraid of dogs and hate cats so i think i'll buy fish too

Florence Leontine Mary Welch is a heavenly ginger goddess with the voice of a cosmic choir and some amazing legs and did I mention how stunning she is well she's drop-dead beautiful and gorgeous and hot and pretty and attractive and dazzling and adorable and radiant and elegant and when she finally gets married I will be the happiest man in the world because she will be getting married to me. :heart::heart::heart:

i have a huge girl crush on her too

even though i don't really like her music:blank:

You named him Bliss? That's the name I suggested. :cheesy:

Yeah :awesome:

Muse :wacky:

I hadn't listened to them for quite a while and then I decided to start my bday a few weeks ago listening to absolution. It was too good :awesome: /cool story bro

That is a cool story. :wacky:

I used a lot of birthday and Christmas moneyz accumulating my collection. It was worth it, I can sit down any time and watch CSI's. I recently watched pretty much the entirety of Season 3 :awesome:

Yep, I know. Hawt dang.

I have to agree, smart is sexy. Greg is incredibly smart on the show though, and is a Biochemist that does all the things I currently do (it may have influenced my career choice a little :P). This would also be why I swooned at Jame McAvoy playing Charles Xavier in X-Men (prior to that I hadn't found him hot in any way... It was the geek speak that had me). It either smart or musicians for me.

I have unrealistic expectations :|

:freak: DO WANT.

It's people like him that make me proud to be Texan. :blush:

Well then. It looks like we have similar tastes. That's pretty much how I feel, too. That's why I love Reid from "Criminal Minds" so much. :heart:

Me too. :|

I hope Bliss stays blissful! We got a beta for our daughter a few years ago and it went belly up in less than a week. :( When she got home from pre-K she asked where "Mr. Beta" went and we told her that he was visiting his family out at the ocean. :(

Am I crazy to think that "The Resistance" album has kind of a Depeche Mode sound? I'm listening to "Undisclosed Desires" and it's reminding me so much of Depeche Mode...not a specific song, but the "feel." I really like it. But, I like Depeche Mode.

I hope Bliss stays blissful! We got a beta for our daughter a few years ago and it went belly up in less than a week. :( When she got home from pre-K she asked where "Mr. Beta" went and we told her that he was visiting his family out at the ocean. :(

Aw, sorry to hear that. :hug:

I love my bettas because they have so much personality, almost as much as my dog. :lol:

Nothing off The Resistance, but "Map of the Problematique" off BH&R is a direct tribute to "Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode.

Really? never knew that. :surprised:

Of course, I've never listened to Depeche Mode so that may be why. :tongue:

@Violet...we clearly have so much to talk about! :) All I can say about the double reeds is good luck with that bassoon fingering chart. I have tiny hands so it was difficult for me to play it. Oboe was easy for me because I played for about 2 months in 7th grade before I decided to go back to flute (I started on flute, went to oboe, back to flute, and then to horn in the 9th grade....and only because the quarterback of the JV football team played horn, too. I caught onto it easily, but I intentionally shanked my chair tests so that I could sit next to him that year. Ah the things we do for a crush). Oboe fingerings are very similar to flute, so if you know the flute fingerings, oboe won't be a problem.

I do play tenor horn! It's a nickel Besson and it plays beautifully! I play 1st tenor horn in the Ozark Mountain British Brass Band. Used to play 2nd, but I was bumped up to 1st when the lady playing 1st retired. I actually prefer to play 2nd, though.

Freelancing is so much fun. I can't even begin to tell you! When I went to college I only majored in education because I was afraid I wasn't good enough to be a performance major. I did everything a performance major does in terms of recitals and chamber work, but I didn't take the extra classes. I was fortunate to marry a wonderful guy who makes enough money to support us. We have two children, a 6 year old girl and 3 year old boy, and I stay home and take care of them and in my spare time I play in the brass band, with the Arkansas Philharmonic as 3rd horn, utility horn for the Fort Smith Symphony, and I play and sing in a brass quintet + percussion called Naturally Brass. We play mostly rock, funk, dixieland, jazz, swing, and blues. We do the band camp circuit in the summer, weddings, and dance hall gigs during the winter and play conventions. I got to meet Bruce Jenner last year and got to meet and play for LL Cool J!!

And of course......the shows! I'm doing "The Sound of Music" right now, but I just got finished doing "Phantom of the Opera" a few months ago. Playing in the pit for the shows is probably one of my favorite things to do!

Wow, okay, I feel REALLY terrible that I hijacked this poor Muse thread again! I'm currently listening to OoS. And I want to list my top 10 favorite songs, but I don't think I should! I haven't heard Showbiz yet!

You have no idea how worried I am about bassoon. Just knowing that the bassoon has 27 different keys is freaking me out. :wreck: I remember friends who took it last semester review fingerings, and they'd be like, "1, 2, 3, whisper key," and I'm thinking, "Whisper key? Say whaaaaa?" Hopefully, it won't be too difficult. I'm relieved to hear about oboe fingerings, though. I've taken Woodwinds 1 (flute & clarinet) some time ago, and I play on mine all the time. :heart: It's really interesting to hear you switched instruments so many times, especially seeing as they happen to be instruments that have completely different embouchures. You must be extra talented. :blush:

Haha, I LOVE playing 1st horn. I've always been a lot better in the higher register than the lower register. My lower register is a lot better than it used to be, but it could still use some work.

Wow, you're part of several ensembles. That's really cool. I can't help but feel that Naturally Brass sounds really familiar to me, although I can't think for the life of me why that is. :thinking: I admire you, actually. Juggling gigs and a family can't be easy.

Violet, let me know if you want a copy of Bohemian Rhapsody for clarinet (neonhorn22 if you want one too just let me know). . .it's for marching band so the highest note is the D above the staff (dunno what that is in technical terms :|)

Anyways, I'm completely in love with it; it's for marching band. :dazzled: Moulin Rouge too, but I don't like that one :|

Hello all.

I'm late to the party! I'm just now starting to get into Muse. They're pretty good! Any suggestions as to where I should start with deeper cuts than the albums/singles?

Pardon my noob-ness. :embarrassed:

Hello all.

I'm late to the party! I'm just now starting to get into Muse. They're pretty good! Any suggestions as to where I should start with deeper cuts than the albums/singles?

Check out Hullabaloo if you haven't already. It's an official collection of both old B-sides and live tracks.

Most of the best B-sides aren't on there, though. Dead Star, Fury, and Glorious are some of the best examples.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z7rOwUZBB0]‪Muse Glorious‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Wow, you're part of several ensembles. That's really cool. I can't help but feel that Naturally Brass sounds really familiar to me, although I can't think for the life of me why that is. :thinking: I admire you, actually. Juggling gigs and a family can't be easy.

Hmm...We've never made it down to your neck of the woods before. Maybe you had a band director or college friend who worked a band camp up in my state? Or...maybe someone from my state attended college down there and mentioned us? Eh, we may never know!

Okay, after hearing all of Muses's studio albums....I think my favorite is.....ABSOLUTION!! My opinions of Showbiz and OoS go against the grain. They are my least favorite albums. :embarrassed:

But...I prefer Showbiz or OoS over Radiohead's Pablo Honey. I own just about everything of theirs except Pablo Honey. I only like "Creep" from that album.

Hello all.

Welcome to the wonderful Muse Thread. :awesome:

Definitely listen to the b-sides:

Easily

Eternally Missed

Crying Shame

Map of Your Head

Fury (extra track on Absolution, you may already have it)

Futurism

Dead Star

In Your World

And Hullabaloo, if you don't have that. :wacko:

Okay, after hearing all of Muses's studio albums....I think my favorite is.....ABSOLUTION!! My opinions of Showbiz and OoS go against the grain. They are my least favorite albums. :embarrassed:

But...I prefer Showbiz or OoS over Radiohead's Pablo Honey. I own just about everything of theirs except Pablo Honey. I only like "Creep" from that album.

WHAT HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT.

Only kidding. :P Don't give up on Origin and Showbiz though, they were my least favorite as well and now they're my absolute favorites! :awesome:

Welcome to the wonderful Muse Thread. :awesome:

Definitely listen to the b-sides:

Easily

Eternally Missed

Crying Shame

Map of Your Head

Fury (extra track on Absolution, you may already have it)

Futurism

Dead Star

In Your World

And Hullabaloo, if you don't have that. :wacko:

Awesome! I'll check them out RIGHT NOW :awesome: