✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Uhmmm I hope I'm not disturbing actual Muse convos with this...

But apart from pap pics I haven't really heard much from them recently. :uhoh:

As much as I need my sleep, this sounds like a job I'd really love. :wacky:

How exactly did you get it? Like, what did you study in college and stuff? :P

I studied psychology at uni but didn't like it.

At the same time I had a side job in an arthouse / independent (whatever you call it) cinema and got more and more involved in organisational things, so in the end I was more "studying psychology on the side" :lol:

Then I decided I wanted to become an event manager, at the cinema. :wacky:

So I started an apprenticeship.

Since we don't organise "big" things at the cinema and being an event manager requires some knowledge about that I'm doing 3 months out of the 2 years in different companies. This month I'm working for the concert venue, in December and January I'll work for a film festival and will organise after-film-parties and discussions with actors + directors with the public. :dance:

I haven't regretted the decision to become an event manager one second yet!

Oh, you wanted a countdown update? 8 DAYS. *hoping Megalomania rumors stay true*
Fingers crossed for you!! :botoxlips:

I have to wait 3 weeks until I can see Archive again but that's not interesting for you haha

Ohmygod, that is AMAZEBALLS. I would love to do something like that. I totally understand it is hard work and requires a lack of sleep (which would probably kill me I know :lol:) but it seems so worthwhile. I'm a total bandy so to me that sounds blissful.

Also getting to know bands on a more personal level. I'm always trying that and never succeeding so that sounds amazing. (I talk to bands after shows a lot and I feel just a bit like a creepy fan, the only ones I don't is probably Fenech-Soler, Shake Aletti and Wolf Gang as I've been drinking with them and Shake/Wolf both follow me on Twitter now :awesome:)

I can imagine the fan letters. The sort of stuff that I could quite easily write, but I refuse to let it out of my brains. :laugh3:

Well, it IS quite cool I must say!

The band members were all so so nice to us (but some PA's can be quite annoying). They thanked us for the hospitality and the nice food etc. :dance:

The tour manager of one band printed out a setlist for me in advance so I could try to see the songs from side of stage that I wanted to see!

One band gave us free t-shirts from the merch stand even!

I'll take some nice memories with me. :)

(But some bands leave the dressing rooms in the state of a complete mess, that's not so nice)

Best thing though is when a metal band is all "woooooooaaaaaahhhhh :angry: :angry: :angry:" on stage and then they come off stage and are the nicest, calmest and friendliest people like "Would it be possible, only if you have the time of course..." etc. and not all "I'm a star, get me this". :nice:

Hahaha the fan letters that I've seen were quite funny!

Like "Dear ... you are my favourite member, I love this and that about you".

One fan gave them an eatable bra. :wtf:

Uhmmm I hope I'm not disturbing actual Muse convos with this...

But apart from pap pics I haven't really heard much from them recently. :uhoh:

I studied psychology at uni but didn't like it.

At the same time I had a side job in an arthouse / independent (whatever you call it) cinema and got more and more involved in organisational things, so in the end I was more "studying psychology on the side" :lol:

Then I decided I wanted to become an event manager, at the cinema. :wacky:

So I started an apprenticeship.

Since we don't organise "big" things at the cinema and being an event manager requires some knowledge about that I'm doing 3 months out of the 2 years in different companies. This month I'm working for the concert venue, in December and January I'll work for a film festival and will organise after-film-parties and discussions with actors + directors with the public. :dance:

I haven't regretted the decision to become an event manager one second yet!

Fingers crossed for you!! :botoxlips:

I have to wait 3 weeks until I can see Archive again but that's not interesting for you haha

The band members were all so so nice to us (but some PA's can be quite annoying). They thanked us for the hospitality and the nice food etc. :dance:

The tour manager of one band printed out a setlist for me in advance so I could try to see the songs from side of stage that I wanted to see!

(But some bands leave the dressing rooms in the state of a complete mess, that's not so nice)

Best thing though is when a metal band is all "woooooooaaaaaahhhhh :angry: :angry: :angry:" on stage and then they come off stage and are the nicest, calmest and friendliest people like "Would it be possible, only if you have the time of course..." etc. and not all "I'm a star, get me this". :nice:

Don't worry there's nothing Muse-y to talk about :P

Wow, that sounds like a super awesome career path. :awesome: Do you think you're going to try to stick with the film -related organizing or the concert related organizing? :wacko:

That's funny about the metal bands. :lol:

Don't worry there's nothing Muse-y to talk about :P

Wow, that sounds like a super awesome career path. :awesome: Do you think you're going to try to stick with the film -related organizing or the concert related organizing? :wacko:

That's funny about the metal bands. :lol:

Ok then... :laugh4:

Mhmm, I want to continue working in the cinema business, it's just a lot of fun.

Working in the concert field is tempting as I love the atmosphere around it but I think it's difficult to set foot in that business!

I can continue working in the cinema when my apprenticeship has finished and I want to do that.

So far my plan is to do a kind of advanced training on the side to have a certificate that I can work in the event business in all Europe... and then it's always been my dream to live in the UK for at least a year of my life.

We'll see if I can make that happen somehow but at the moment I'm more concentrating on the cinema and don't feel sad about it. :nice:

As long as I have enough money to "escape" from time to time and travel around and go to gigs I'm happy where I am.

I haven't been this optimistic about my life since I can think! :lol:

Ok then... :laugh4:

Mhmm, I want to continue working in the cinema business, it's just a lot of fun.

Working in the concert field is tempting as I love the atmosphere around it but I think it's difficult to set foot in that business!

I can continue working in the cinema when my apprenticeship has finished and I want to do that.

So far my plan is to do a kind of advanced training on the side to have a certificate that I can work in the event business in all Europe... and then it's always been my dream to live in the UK for at least a year of my life.

We'll see if I can make that happen somehow but at the moment I'm more concentrating on the cinema and don't feel sad about it. :nice:

As long as I have enough money to "escape" from time to time and travel around and go to gigs I'm happy where I am.

I haven't been this optimistic about my life since I can think! :lol:

Yeah I agree, from what I can tell it's a pretty tight ring of people in the concert field.

It sounds like you have a super awesome cinema that you're working at! :awesome: Especially since they want you to get more experience with larger events. :wacko:

That sounds like a smart move to get a certificate, you'll want to be as best prepared as possible to be more likely to get a job in the bad economy and whatnot.

Oooh, I'd love to live in the UK too, although it's quite a bit farther away from the US than from Germany. :uhoh: Always been a dream of mine as well though. :wacky:

That's great that you're happy with what you're doing. :cheesy:

I wish I could figure out what I want to do in my life. :disappointed:

Ok, so I finally got around to looking at Matt's twitter (first time in like a month lol) and I saw this:

>Mum and baby are strong and healthy. Mum was a warrior, Bing popped out after 4.5 hours of intense pushing!

>Bing popped out after 4.5 hours of intense pushing!

>Bing popped out

Did anyone else find his choice of words absolutely hilarious? :lol:

I want to know who's car that actually is. :lol:

(It's not actually Dom's, is it? :uhoh:)

I can actually confirm that's not Dom's car, unless he has a second car I'm unaware of. Don't ask me how I know this information, but I do.

I can imagine that the PA's are annoying. They tend to be the ones that hustle bands off when they're more than happy to stand and chat. I'd love to be a PA to a band though too. Awww, heck, who am I kidding? I'd love to do anything for a band.

That is so lovely! Some bands seem to be absolute darlings. Others not so much, but I guess you find that with absolutely every workplace (I'm seeing that here, some of the labs are lovely, others seem to regard me as a bothersome entity or something). Free merch is always a bonus. The most I've ever gotten is a free poster that I then got them to sign (excluding Shake Aletti, but I know them on a bit more of an informal basis these days sooo).

My friend is a metal head and he meets a lot of his bands. He always makes them sound so nice. I'm glad it's not just him saying that!

Oh god. I could imagine myself writing something like that. Except I tend not to try and pick favourites... I'd probably be all like 'ohmygosh,you'rethebestbandevur'

Ok, so I finally got around to looking at Matt's twitter (first time in like a month lol) and I saw this:

>Mum and baby are strong and healthy. Mum was a warrior, Bing popped out after 4.5 hours of intense pushing!

>Bing popped out after 4.5 hours of intense pushing!

>Bing popped out

Did anyone else find his choice of words absolutely hilarious? :lol:

Bing... Followed by a pop...

That's one onomatopoeic kid.

If he didn't want his kid to be linked to the search engine, he's sure as hell not doing him any favours.

look what a troll kirky is

tumblr_lotfsaKuSv1qc5woao1_500.png

Thomas Kirk has become my favourite Twitterer. It's as simple as that. :dazzled:

I can actually confirm that's not Dom's car, unless he has a second car I'm unaware of. Don't ask me how I know this information, but I do.

STALKER. :ninja: