✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

I don't think that they can ever match what they did with their first three albums. :| If the new album is as bad as The Resistance or a good half of BH&R was, then I will vomit. Not another Invincible or Guiding Light... anything but that...

Space Dementia

Falling Away With You

Citizen Erased

Endlessly

Sunburn

Knights Of Cydonia

Agitated

Futurism

Screenager

Thoughts Of A Dying Atheist

Honorable mentions to MK Ultra, Exogenesis Symphony, Megalomania, and Hate This And I'll Love You

Easy. And because I'm cool, I'll give you them IN ORDER:

1. Bliss

2. Butterflies and Hurricanes

3. Showbiz

4. Dead Star

5. Apocalypse Please

6. Ruled by Secrecy

7. Map of the Problematique

8. Citizen Erased

9. Blackout

10. Space Dementia

Omg I seriously can't wait. :wacky:

This will be the first time I'll be able to go through the whole "OMG MUSE ARE RELEASING AN ALBUM" countdown and whatnot so I'm pumped. :dazzled:

It's awesomesauce. I can't help but feel I annoyed all my Facebook friends back in 2009 when stuff for "The Resistance" was going on. :lol:

*ahem* Okay, well, Muse has never been a favorite of mine and I have normally just told people that I don't like them......but that is because I had not properly given them a chance.

Ive been sitting here for the last several hours in a Muse stupor. It all started with watching the Live from Wembley concert and has just progressed from there. I'm astounded at Matthew Bellamy's level of musicanship for a rocker. He's pretty amazing. I was listening to Butterflies and Hurricanes and when he went to the grand piano and started playing, I think my jaw hit the floor.

So, yeah....I'm proof that you should REALLY invest the time to listen to a band before you say you "don't like them." I am becoming a fan of Muse!

ETA: Is there a place I can download that Wembley concert so I can put it on the iPod?

"Butterflies and Hurricanes." Best. Song. Ever. :heart:

Welcome to the thread! :wacky:

Well, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has taken awhile to warm to Muse. I remember hearing some of their songs off Origin of Symmetry when it first came out, because I was wrapping up my college experience by then. But, it wasn't my cup of tea, either. I was really deep into orchestral and band music since that I was majoring in...music ed. I didn't really have time to focus on popular music.

But when I graduated college, I fell heavily back into Coldplay and kind of shut out everything else. In the last year I have come out of the Coldplay cocoon and learned to embrace different bands. And I actually kind of attribute that to this website. I have learned so much about other music out there from here and I'm glad to have become a member of this site. It's been very beneficial to me!

OOOH, that's right, you're the cool one who was in music ed and played horn like I'm doing now. :cheesy: Actually, in part due to this site, I think I ended up doing the exact opposite. I was so far behind in popular music because I basically wasn't really allowed to listen to it growing up, so I used college as an outlet to help me catch up in that regard. Now, I'm pretty behind in modern classical/band music. It didn't help that my high school band director didn't believe in playing anything that sounded "weird." I didn't really encounter much at all until my first semester of college. I'm getting a little better, though. A friend of mine actually sent me a contemporary classical mixtape in the mail Monday. It was the best mixtape ever. :heart:

Oh yeah, that's why the World of Music is so wonderful (and my favorite part of the site). I've learned so much about music, not only in terms of what there is, but about my likes and dislikes. Since I've joined the forum, I've explored so much, and I think I finally have a solid grasp on my music tastes. :D

Well, I'll be honest, when I first heard Supermassive Black Hole off the album, I instantly connected to it. It's the only song of theirs I have on my iPod. But, then I heard it being used in the Twilight film and I about cried. I think that was another reason I didn't give Muse a proper chance. That Stephenie Meyer said she used Muse as her muse to write those books.

I'm really loving the Exogenesis symphonies! And, I about shit twice and fell back in it when I heard "I Belong To You." It has the Sampson and Delilah aria that I sang in high school and auditioned with in college smack dab in the middle! He was singing in french and while he was singing I was singing along in English and reliving those days!! Memories!

At least she has great taste in music.

Oh, so you sang, too? Lovely! A professor at my college sang that aria in a faculty recital (either last fall or the one before, I can't remember), and it was so beautiful. :heart: It's stuff like this that makes me wish sometimes that I could've been trained to sing like that and be a mezzo-soprano. That's not what happened, though, as I just pretty much fell in love with horn, and I'm a legit contralto (sometimes I feel like a borderline female tenor :uhoh:).

Oh inorite? >.< She has decent taste in music but she can't write for her life. :|

Clearly you haven't read "The Host." It's so good.

Ooh, a music ed major! I think Violet (username violetsparks, and another Muser here) is a music ed major as well.

Yes...in fact, I'm pretty sure Violet plays horn as I do. 'Course, I've been graduated for awhile now. I finished my Bachelors back in '02. Yikes, that's nearly 10 years ago. *sigh* I'm a freelance musician now.

People talking about meeeee. :blush:

I've been meaning to ask you about that, actually. How do you manage being a freelance player? It seems so challenging.

Omg you play horn? :cheesy:

YAY SOMEONE ELSE I CAN TALK TO ABOUT MUSIC. :wacky:

I'm pretty sure Violet is tired of my music rants by now. :lol:

No, of course not. You're free to talk to me about music any time you want. I'm a music major for a reason. :hug:

haha! I do. :) Just bought my 2nd horn, in fact. And...I love it. We're in a very serious relationship now. haha! After dropping my H281 in its gig bag and denting the screwbell so it wouldn't screw in a few years ago right before a Mahler V rehearsal, I decided I needed a back up. So, I just purchased a Conn 8D "N" series. It's incredibly open, versatile, slotted evenly, and plays like a dream. We're soulmates, "Conn"ie and I. :laugh3:

JEALOUS. I don't have the funds to buy my own horn (I have enough trouble with college tuition as it is, and I live at home :uhoh:), so I'm using a horn the college loaned to me. It's an Atkinson. :\ At least I have something to play on. It's pretty much my baby. I called him Howard. :dazzled:

Well, technically I can play all of them. But...only well enough to play scales and produce a nice sound. Music ed requirements and all. But, I'm proficient on horn, trumpet, tenor horn, flute, piano, and voice.

ETA: Just listened to "Soldier's Poem." How lovely. I felt a tear form in my eye when I heard the lyric, "there is no justice in the world." Powerful. But, I've come across the first song I don't really care for, "Assassin." There was bound to be a few. After all, even though Coldplay and Radiohead are my two favorite bands, there are still some songs of theirs I skip over all the time.

ETA2: Studio Muse are great, but I think I might even like Live Muse a bit better! Matt Bellamy truly has a stunning live voice!

I'm taking Woodwinds 2 (saxophone, oboe, bassoon) this coming semester. Do you have any advice for me? Also, String Methods was a pain in the butt. I got stuck playing viola the entire time, and it was the most frustrating instrument I've ever encountered. D:

Dude, you play tenor horn? :surprised: I wish I even had the chance to play one. I don't think I've ever seen one, honestly. I have seen a piccolo horn on a few occasions. THEY'RE SO ADORABLE. :blush: Also, flute is awesome. I've grown very fond of mine, which I've named Florence. (Yes, Michael, Florence, after the ginger goddess.)

"Soldier's Poem" :heart:

I love "Assassin", but the "Grand Omega Bosses Edit" version is even better. They scaled the song down a bit for the album.

Absolution is still my favorite album by anyone ever. If they play an Absolution anniversary show on the moon, I'd probably go to it. :lol:

YES, on both counts. :heart:

^But you said 'little ginger' and that's most certainly a descriptor of me.

PLEASE DON'T EAT ME.

/spaz

BRB, dying of laughter.

. . . your top ten favorite Muse songs, gals and guys? Aaaand GO!

Too. Damn. Hard. I CAN'T DO IT. :bigcry:

We should. And Violet should be required to go first. ;)

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

And thanks Violet. :hug:

And you think naming your flute Florence is cool? :snobby:

I named my clarinet Teh Bellz. :wacky:

:hug:

YES. Florence Welch is a goddess. ASK MICHAEL. :snobby:

Teh Bellz is awesome. :wacky:

I don't know their names, I just watch the show. :lol:

So, since it's somewhat Muse related, I'd thought I would just let you all know that Bliss the betta is very happy and healthy and, well, blissful. :dazzled:

He's gorgeous too, and his red color is starting to spread on his fins more. :wacky: I saw a fish that could be his twin selling for $35 on aquabid (fishy eBay, don't laugh :P)

Violet! :surprised: what would Wolsty say about your fangirling over an actor? :phu:

Yeah, he's the sweetest fish. :heart:

Although it's funny because the betta he splits the tank with is more active and crazy. :freak: but it's the ugliest thing. :lol:

He would compliment my excellent taste in men. DUH.

Nahhh, probably not. :anxious: Thankfully, Wolsty is very flexible about such things. As long as I'm still dedicated to the Wolstencause, I'm good. :wacky:

YES. Florence Welch is a goddess. ASK MICHAEL. :snobby:

Florence Leontine Mary Welch is a heavenly ginger goddess with the voice of a cosmic choir and some amazing legs and did I mention how stunning she is well she's drop-dead beautiful and gorgeous and hot and pretty and attractive and dazzling and adorable and radiant and elegant and when she finally gets married I will be the happiest man in the world because she will be getting married to me. :heart::heart::heart:

I love the original "CSI." George Eads (the guy who plays Nick Stokes) is SUPER hot. :cheesy: I miss Grissom, though. :disappointed:

I LOVED the original seasons of CSI when all the original cast were present. Grissom, Catherine, Sara, Warrick, Nick and Greg. :dazzled: I have all of seasons 1-7 on DVD.

So, since it's somewhat Muse related, I'd thought I would just let you all know that Bliss the betta is very happy and healthy and, well, blissful. :dazzled:

He's gorgeous too, and his red color is starting to spread on his fins more. :wacky: I saw a fish that could be his twin selling for $35 on aquabid (fishy eBay, don't laugh :P)

:surprised: He sounds so absolutely stunning. I'm glad he is all well though.

Here, this should help you remember who I'm talking about.

George_Eads-3.jpg

HNNNNNG. :sweatdrop: :heart:

:dazzled: Georgeeee. He's drop dead gorgeous and his accent is to die for. Oh my.

My favourites were always Nick and Greg. Greg sort of won it though, because his character was just to die for... And Eric Szmanda is sizzling.

ERIC-eric-szmanda-3004970-1668-2560.jpg

I don't know their names, I just watch the show. :lol:

You named him Bliss? That's the name I suggested. :cheesy:

Here, this should help you remember who I'm talking about.

George_Eads-3.jpg

HNNNNNG. :sweatdrop: :heart:

Awww, Bliss. How cute. :cheesy:

Am I the only one who don't see much in him? :|

I LOVED the original seasons of CSI when all the original cast were present. Grissom, Catherine, Sara, Warrick, Nick and Greg. :dazzled: I have all of seasons 1-7 on DVD.

:dazzled: Georgeeee. He's drop dead gorgeous and his accent is to die for. Oh my.

My favourites were always Nick and Greg. Greg sort of won it though, because his character was just to die for... And Eric Szmanda is sizzling.

ERIC-eric-szmanda-3004970-1668-2560.jpg

MEEEEE TOOOOO. :wacky: For the record, I'm highly jealous of your CSI DVD collection. :bomb:

He's from Texas! :cheesy: :dazzled:

Yeah, Greg is pretty cute. I've just always had this thing for Nick. :blush: Him and Grissom, anyway. Grissom reminds me of myself in the sense that he's kinda out there, so that's why I like him so much. That, and the fact he's incredibly intelligent. Smarts are sexy. :wacky:

Am I the only one who don't see much in him? :|

That's fine. More for me and Natt. :cheesy:

Muse :wacky:

I hadn't listened to them for quite a while and then I decided to start my bday a few weeks ago listening to absolution. It was too good :awesome: /cool story bro

:awesome:

MEEEEE TOOOOO. :wacky: For the record, I'm highly jealous of your CSI DVD collection. :bomb:

He's from Texas! :cheesy: :dazzled:

Yeah, Greg is pretty cute. I've just always had this thing for Nick. :blush: Him and Grissom, anyway. Grissom reminds me of myself in the sense that he's kinda out there, so that's why I like him so much. That, and the fact he's incredibly intelligent. Smarts are sexy. :wacky:

I used a lot of birthday and Christmas moneyz accumulating my collection. It was worth it, I can sit down any time and watch CSI's. I recently watched pretty much the entirety of Season 3 :awesome:

Yep, I know. Hawt dang.

I have to agree, smart is sexy. Greg is incredibly smart on the show though, and is a Biochemist that does all the things I currently do (it may have influenced my career choice a little :P). This would also be why I swooned at Jame McAvoy playing Charles Xavier in X-Men (prior to that I hadn't found him hot in any way... It was the geek speak that had me). It either smart or musicians for me.

I have unrealistic expectations :|