✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Only half the Lollapalooza headliners will be streamed on Youtube, and - surprise surprise (except it's not a fucking surprise AT ALL) - Coldplay will be shown instead of Muse. I really don't know why Muse is shown so infrequently on festival webcasts, but Coldplay has had seemingly every other show of theirs streamed this summer. I love them and wish I could see them, but give them a damn break.

So no, there will be no pro-shot footage of me singing along to the guitar in Knights of Cydonia. Devastated.

Coldplay is more popular than Muse here in the U.S., but they oddly get a smaller stage with a smaller field and it's going to be an absolute cluster****. There's so much fanbase overlap that it's spawned endless horror, including from myself. This handy little video explains it all:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU0v6U_ap7g]‪Hitler Reacts to Lollapalooza's Friday Schedule: A Pink Wota Production‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Coldplay fans are pretty wishy-washy at concerts. They talk about how meaningful the band is to them, which is cool and all, but my experiences have featured very stiff crowds, even on the floor.

Muse fans are very diverse, but there's the awesome fans and the douche fans, and unless you know the right people, you won't know what you'll get (barrier typically produces better results).

A few of the casual ones do. Among the hardcore fanbase, Undisclosed Desires is considered one of the very worst live tracks. It's probably their most overproduced song on record, so it doesn't translate well live AT ALL. Every time I hear it live, I am bored out of my mind for 4 minutes, but at least that's 4 minutes of downtime where I can take pretty pictures. Heck, I was making mockery robotic gestures to my friend during Undisclosed Desires at LA Rising the other night.

They haven't played Space Dementia since the Black Holes tour, and that was only in South America.

Citizen Erased gets played rarely nowadays. I've watched them soundcheck it but haven't actually heard it in a full live setting.

Well at least there's the Helsinki Jam prior. I prefer Osaka Jam, but they're both wonderful. They still do Space Dementia and Citizen Erased sometimes, right?

Not Space Dementia (I wish :bigcry:) but they started to bring back Citizen Erased towards the end of the Resistance tour. I was lucky enough to hear it, and it was still eargasmic. :awesome:

And Helsinki Jam is bamfin. :nod:

This may or may not feature embarrassing footage of me being a crazy fangirl...and I'm not even a girl:

Sleep now. One day of rest before leaving for Bellamypalooza.

Oh my God. :lol: This is incredible. :wideeyed:

I love how everyone was fangirling (or fanboying, in your case :P) but I'd do the same. :wideeyed: