✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Didn't they say that they wanted to make a quieter record or something along those lines?

There was a fairly recent interview where Dom said that Matt kind of wanted to write "softer" music, but "not to worry" because Dom and Chris will make it rock-ish. Or something like that. He might have been joking.

We'll see, though. Hopefully by next year. :wacky:

Omg I seriously can't wait. :wacky:

This will be the first time I'll be able to go through the whole "OMG MUSE ARE RELEASING AN ALBUM" countdown and whatnot so I'm pumped. :dazzled:

It's pretty fun. Reveals for The Resistance took place back when Twitter was just picking up steam, so there were slow leaks on there, in addition to that whole scavenger hunt they did for USOE. Then BBC Radio 1 was supposed to premiere Uprising but like 20 different stations beat them to it, including my local station KROQ. :laugh3:

*ahem* Okay, well, Muse has never been a favorite of mine and I have normally just told people that I don't like them......but that is because I had not properly given them a chance.

Ive been sitting here for the last several hours in a Muse stupor. It all started with watching the Live from Wembley concert and has just progressed from there. I'm astounded at Matthew Bellamy's level of musicanship for a rocker. He's pretty amazing. I was listening to Butterflies and Hurricanes and when he went to the grand piano and started playing, I think my jaw hit the floor.

So, yeah....I'm proof that you should REALLY invest the time to listen to a band before you say you "don't like them." I am becoming a fan of Muse!

ETA: Is there a place I can download that Wembley concert so I can put it on the iPod?

*ahem* Okay, well, Muse has never been a favorite of mine and I have normally just told people that I don't like them......but that is because I had not properly given them a chance.

Ive been sitting here for the last several hours in a Muse stupor. It all started with watching the Live from Wembley concert and has just progressed from there. I'm astounded at Matthew Bellamy's level of musicanship for a rocker. He's pretty amazing. I was listening to Butterflies and Hurricanes and when he went to the grand piano and started playing, I think my jaw hit the floor.

So, yeah....I'm proof that you should REALLY invest the time to listen to a band before you say you "don't like them." I am becoming a fan of Muse!

ETA: Is there a place I can download that Wembley concert so I can put it on the iPod?

I assume you're referring to HAARP, a CD/DVD release from their Wembley 2007 show. The audio is available on iTunes, and you can find physical copies of the CD/DVD in stores pretty easily.

Glad to have you on board! :):)

Yep, red-suit-Bellamy is the HAARP/Wembley 2007 performance. That's great that you've become a fan! :D

It actually took me a while to get into Muse too. I heard a few songs by them in 2006, but I kind of forgot about them (wasn't into music back then). Listened to The Resistance, wasn't impressed, and then decided to give them another chance a few months later with Absolution (plus BHAR). And here I am.

Well, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has taken awhile to warm to Muse. I remember hearing some of their songs off Origin of Symmetry when it first came out, because I was wrapping up my college experience by then. But, it wasn't my cup of tea, either. I was really deep into orchestral and band music since that I was majoring in...music ed. I didn't really have time to focus on popular music.

But when I graduated college, I fell heavily back into Coldplay and kind of shut out everything else. In the last year I have come out of the Coldplay cocoon and learned to embrace different bands. And I actually kind of attribute that to this website. I have learned so much about other music out there from here and I'm glad to have become a member of this site. It's been very beneficial to me!

It's pretty fun. Reveals for The Resistance took place back when Twitter was just picking up steam, so there were slow leaks on there, in addition to that whole scavenger hunt they did for USOE. Then BBC Radio 1 was supposed to premiere Uprising but like 20 different stations beat them to it, including my local station KROQ. :laugh3:

Haha! That whole USoE scavenger hunt thingy sounded like so much fun! :wideeyed:

I'm so happy you like them! It's always great to see another fan. :wacky:

And you've certainly come to the right place if you're a Muse fan. :awesome:

Do you have a favorite song yet? :wacko:

Well, I'll be honest, when I first heard Supermassive Black Hole off the album, I instantly connected to it. It's the only song of theirs I have on my iPod. But, then I heard it being used in the Twilight film and I about cried. I think that was another reason I didn't give Muse a proper chance. That Stephenie Meyer said she used Muse as her muse to write those books.

I'm really loving the Exogenesis symphonies! And, I about shit twice and fell back in it when I heard "I Belong To You." It has the Sampson and Delilah aria that I sang in high school and auditioned with in college smack dab in the middle! He was singing in french and while he was singing I was singing along in English and reliving those days!! Memories!

ETA: I've just finished listening to the entire album of Resistance and I pretty much think it's a solid and beautiful album. I have a $50 gift card to Barnes & Noble that has been burning a hole in my pocket for many months now, so I am going to go buy it.

Well, I'll be honest, when I first heard Supermassive Black Hole off the album, I instantly connected to it. It's the only song of theirs I have on my iPod. But, then I heard it being used in the Twilight film and I about cried. I think that was another reason I didn't give Muse a proper chance. That Stephenie Meyer said she used Muse as her muse to write those books.

I'm really loving the Exogenesis symphonies! And, I about shit twice and fell back in it when I heard "I Belong To You." It has the Sampson and Delilah aria that I sang in high school and auditioned with in college smack dab in the middle! He was singing in french and while he was singing I was singing along in English and reliving those days!! Memories!

Oh inorite? >.< She has decent taste in music but she can't write for her life. :|

Oh, they're so moving. :bomb: When I listen to them I literally just sit back and concentrate on it, it's just so pretty.

Wow, that's awesome! That's funny because I connected with I Belong to You because of the bass clarinet solo (I play clarinet) :dazzled:

Well, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has taken awhile to warm to Muse. I remember hearing some of their songs off Origin of Symmetry when it first came out, because I was wrapping up my college experience by then. But, it wasn't my cup of tea, either. I was really deep into orchestral and band music since that I was majoring in...music ed. I didn't really have time to focus on popular music.

But when I graduated college, I fell heavily back into Coldplay and kind of shut out everything else. In the last year I have come out of the Coldplay cocoon and learned to embrace different bands. And I actually kind of attribute that to this website. I have learned so much about other music out there from here and I'm glad to have become a member of this site. It's been very beneficial to me!

Ooh, a music ed major! I think Violet (username violetsparks, and another Muser here) is a music ed major as well.

Same for me! I was in a Coldplay cocoon for a good year. I hardly listened to anything else. :lol: I now lurk in the other World of Music threads to get my recommendations.

haha! I do. :) Just bought my 2nd horn, in fact. And...I love it. We're in a very serious relationship now. haha! After dropping my H281 in its gig bag and denting the screwbell so it wouldn't screw in a few years ago right before a Mahler V rehearsal, I decided I needed a back up. So, I just purchased a Conn 8D "N" series. It's incredibly open, versatile, slotted evenly, and plays like a dream. We're soulmates, "Conn"ie and I. :laugh3:

ETA: Crap, didn't mean to hijack. I'm listening to the album Absolution now. I'm working my way backwards!

Well, technically I can play all of them. But...only well enough to play scales and produce a nice sound. Music ed requirements and all. But, I'm proficient on horn, trumpet, tenor horn, flute, piano, and voice.

ETA: Just listened to "Soldier's Poem." How lovely. I felt a tear form in my eye when I heard the lyric, "there is no justice in the world." Powerful. But, I've come across the first song I don't really care for, "Assassin." There was bound to be a few. After all, even though Coldplay and Radiohead are my two favorite bands, there are still some songs of theirs I skip over all the time.

ETA2: Studio Muse are great, but I think I might even like Live Muse a bit better! Matt Bellamy truly has a stunning live voice!