✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

haha! I do. :) Just bought my 2nd horn, in fact. And...I love it. We're in a very serious relationship now. haha! After dropping my H281 in its gig bag and denting the screwbell so it wouldn't screw in a few years ago right before a Mahler V rehearsal, I decided I needed a back up. So, I just purchased a Conn 8D "N" series. It's incredibly open, versatile, slotted evenly, and plays like a dream. We're soulmates, "Conn"ie and I. :laugh3:

ETA: Crap, didn't mean to hijack. I'm listening to the album Absolution now. I'm working my way backwards!

Oooh, nice! :wacky:

I love Absolution. :bomb:

Well, technically I can play all of them. But...only well enough to play scales and produce a nice sound. Music ed requirements and all. But, I'm proficient on horn, trumpet, tenor horn, flute, piano, and voice.

ETA: Just listened to "Soldier's Poem." How lovely. I felt a tear form in my eye when I heard the lyric, "there is no justice in the world." Powerful. But, I've come across the first song I don't really care for, "Assassin." There was bound to be a few. After all, even though Coldplay and Radiohead are my two favorite bands, there are still some songs of theirs I skip over all the time.

ETA2: Studio Muse are great, but I think I might even like Live Muse a bit better! Matt Bellamy truly has a stunning live voice!

Not clarinet? ;___; I am disappoint. :phu:

:P

I love that one. :heart: have you heard Unintended? :wacko: If you like Soldier's Poem you'll probably love that. :heart:

Yeah, Assassin is meh imo.

Oh yes, he has the most powerful live voice I've ever heard. :dazzled: I nearly died when I heard it. :dazzled:

I love "Assassin", but the "Grand Omega Bosses Edit" version is even better. They scaled the song down a bit for the album.

"Invincible" is probably the song on Black Holes & Revelations that I'm least fond of, and I've never been that enthusiastic about SMBH to be honest.

Absolution is still my favorite album by anyone ever. If they play an Absolution anniversary show on the moon, I'd probably go to it. :lol:

Muse thread is actually being Musey? :freak:

:lol:

You're right, this is strange and unusual. I'm now going to talk about my sexual fantasies involving Florence Welch.

You know how I like a little ginger with each of my meals? Well, I like a nice, elegant, 5'11" British ginger with my dessert. :wink3:

I love "Assassin", but the "Grand Omega Bosses Edit" version is even better. They scaled the song down a bit for the album.

"Invincible" is probably the song on Black Holes & Revelations that I'm least fond of, and I've never been that enthusiastic about SMBH to be honest.

Absolution is still my favorite album by anyone ever. If they play an Absolution anniversary show on the moon, I'd probably go to it. :lol:

Yeah, the edit is so much better :dazzled:

Me too; my favorites are probably City of Delusion, Map, Take a Bow, and KoC

Showbiz is my favorite <3

I'll admit, Absolution is a great album! I've only listened to the three recent ones, so I had to rank them, I'd say Resistance is first, followed by Absolution, and then Black Holes...

But, I've still got 2 more albums to listen to and digest!

@Megalomania.....I can play all scales 2/3 octaves on clarinet. :) But, that's the extent of my clarinet playing.

ETA...again....When I listened to Uprising I thought it sounded familiar. Most comments pointing this out in the youtube video I watched suggested it sounded like Marilyn Manson's "Beautiful People." I don't listen to him, though, so no dice. But then it hit me..."Call Me" by Blondie! It kind of sounds like that. I still like it, though.

I'll admit, Absolution is a great album! I've only listened to the three recent ones, so I had to rank them, I'd say Resistance is first, followed by Absolution, and then Black Holes...

But, I've still got 2 more albums to listen to and digest!

@Megalomania.....I can play all scales 2/3 octaves on clarinet. :) But, that's the extent of my clarinet playing.

ETA...again....When I listened to Uprising I thought it sounded familiar. Most comments pointing this out in the youtube video I watched suggested it sounded like Marilyn Manson's "Beautiful People." I don't listen to him, though, so no dice. But then it hit me..."Call Me" by Blondie! It kind of sounds like that. I still like it, though.

Origin is, in my opinion, the best. :dazzled:

Nice! The highest octave is just painful; I hate playing it. :|

I don't know Blondie, so I can't compare it. :lol: I'll listen though. :P

Well, hello Muse Thread :D

Albums for me would be:

Absolution > Showbiz > BH&R > The Resistance >>>>>>>>>>>> Origin of Symmetry

Yes, I am still bitter about missing the whole of OoS at Reading festival. :P

Seriously:

Absolution > Origin > Showbiz > BH&R > The Resistance

You're right, this is strange and unusual. I'm now going to talk about my sexual fantasies involving Florence Welch.

You know how I like a little ginger with each of my meals? Well, I like a nice, elegant, 5'11" British ginger with my dessert. :wink3:

I'm a bit afraid now :freak: It sounds like I may be at risk of being eaten. Yipes.

Well, hello Muse Thread :D

Albums for me would be:

Absolution > Showbiz > BH&R > The Resistance >>>>>>>>>>>> Origin of Symmetry

Yes, I am still bitter about missing the whole of OoS at Reading festival. :P

Seriously:

Absolution > Origin > Showbiz > BH&R > The Resistance

For me:

Absolution > OOS > BHAR and Showbiz > The Resistance

Or maybe Showbiz > BHAR.

Mine is.....

OoS > Absolution & Showbiz > BHAR > The Resistance

Although it's always liable to change a bit as most of the time I rank Showbiz as my favourite, but atm the only Muse album I'm really listening to is OoS.

Reading :bigcry:

I think The Resistance is their weakest but I still think it's a great album. :wacko:

I agree with this so much. Weakest thing they've ever done, but still a lot better than most albums generated by other bands.

Yep, The Resistance is their worst album. not a bad album, but a certain notch or two below their previous work. (Picks up in the second half, though. Each of the last 6 tracks on the album is better than each of the first 5 tracks IMO.)

I'm a bit afraid now :freak: It sounds like I may be at risk of being eaten. Yipes.

lol not you :laugh3:

@Megalomania

Back in the day when I was a youngster just starting out in band, I remember my band director comparing the sound of beginning clarinets in the high register to "sunrise on a guinea pig farm." haha!

Yep, beginner clarinets are not fun to listen to! :lol:

I think The Resistance is their weakest but I still think it's a great album. :wacko:

This.