✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay @ BRIT Awards 2012 (Tues 21st Feb, O2 Arena, London) // Charlie Brown performance, MX album

Mimixxx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noel Gallagher hints at Coldplay Chris Martin Brits duet

Noel Gallagher has seemingly confirmed that he will duet with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin at this week's Brit Awards.

Rumours that the pair will perform together at Tuesday's ceremony were sparked by host James Corden, who let slip that a collaboration was being planned earlier this month.

uktv_children_in_need_rocks_manchester_11.jpgmusic_brit_awards_2012_nominee_highlights_4.jpg

When asked by a reporter if the reports were true, Gallagher replied: "I couldn't possibly comment. If it wasn't true, the answer would have been 'p*ss off, you Scottish fantasist'."

Meanwhile, a Brits insider told The Sun that the ex-Oasis star and Martin do indeed have "something special" planned.

"Chris and Noel have become good pals over the years," the source said. "Noel has a lot of respect for Coldplay. He was blown away by their Glastonbury gig when he saw it on telly. They are both up for doing something special."

Martin recently said that Coldplay are not expecting to win any awards at this year's ceremony.

The Brit Awards 2012 will take place at London's O2 Arena on February 21.

link

Am I the only one who thinks Coldplay have a good chance of winning? :thinking:

They're only up against Adele for Best Album (which she will probably win) (and no I'm not going to make a joke about Adele being large enough to count as a group :rolleyes:).

Weight jokes about Adele? Seriously? Sad.

I thought she looked dropdead gorgeous at the Grammys. Her hits are overplayed so that turns me off a bit but I absolutely love this performance of her and Darius Rucker

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWV2jq5Z8QE]CMT Awards - Darius Rucker feat. Adele singing "I Need You Now" HD - YouTube[/ame]

^The thing that always impressed me about Adele was how she WASN'T ashamed of her physical appearance. How her VOICE and her TALENT spoke for themselves. I just get so sad when people let physical appearance affect their view of how good an artist is. There's too much of it in this world, and I'm glad she for one rose above it.:) And yes. She does look great there! Better to carry a few extra pounds with grace!:)

I agree about some of her songs being overplayed,but to be fair, I could use a break from Paradise,loll. ;)

Fully agreed on how she looks. I thought she looked lovely at the Grammys (I wanted her dress), and I'm glad she's not giving in to all the stupid pressure to look a certain way, to slim down. I'm really excited to see where her career goes from here.

All I know is, I'm 27 and I look at people like Adele, Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Katy Perry, etc., who also are in their 20s, and whatever one's feelings on each of those girls' music, they sure all make me feel really lazy and unmotivated :p.

As for radio singles, yeah, unfortunately radio has a habit of running songs into the ground. But if the artists and songs are good enough, I'm willing to stick it out. And thankfully, usually after a break of not hearing them for a while I'm reminded of why I loved the songs in the first place, and sometimes enjoy them even more after their airplay time has passed.

This is very true Angela, a friend at work commented the other day, on how at first she loved Paradise, and now she hates it because it's always on the radio! :dozey: Made me sad because there are SO many other songs and the only ones non-fans know are those ones that get played.

I hope they do CB at the Brits and I can't WAIT to see this.. in MY time zone on MY tv! Yay! :smug:

My mom says she hears "Paradise" a lot on the radio where she works. That and "Viva La Vida". She does like those songs, though.

"Viva La Vida" brings up another weird thing about airplay-not only does radio tend to play the hell out of new songs, but sometimes they still play older songs so often one could mistake those songs for being new!

Yeah, I'm very excited to see what the band will perform at the Brits. And I'm super happy Fuse has decided to air the show for us here in the States. Like you, I can watch it on my TV in my time zone, too :D! For all my constant complaing about music channels here rarely ever showing anything worthwhile (or even music-related, period), this is a good start towards making up for that.

To tell you the truth I wish Coldplay had just played Fix You for the occasion. That would have brought the house down. Perhaps I should apply for a managerial position with Coldplay? I don't know who's making their decisions lately.

Whoever it is realizes that 'Fix You', great as it is, is 6 years old, from an album they're not currently promoting and has already had massive airplay and exposure. ;) Sadly, playing the new single to death is part of how the industry works.:)