✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay @ BRIT Awards 2012 (Tues 21st Feb, O2 Arena, London) // Charlie Brown performance, MX album

Mimixxx

That's a joke, she said it because it's well known she loves the bones of Coldplay. They've been friends for years. Chris has babysat for her kids, they've played Jo's Little Noise sessions twice, at the BBC gig in 2008 Chris changed the lyrics of Yellow to "You know I love you Jo", after their Glastonbury set last year when they went back to the studio she was in tears....etc etc :P

Noel Fielding and Phil Jupitus hate Coldplay though, that's no joke.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jo Whiley hating Coldplay? You're gravely mistaken. She loves Coldplay. In fact I bet she probably has (had) a crush on Chris like most of us.

Much women even katy Brand. but hey maybe we cows, we just have the character, and make everyone laugh, bah not so serious for the showbiz glamour

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtyEvyB9l7Q]Katy Brand -- Gimme Ma Grammy (Coldplay Parody) - YouTube[/ame]

Are you all being serious!? :confused: You're all being so naive. It is so very clear that she is not at all joking she jumped straight in there, "I hate Coldplay....can't stand them", as a radio presenter on the biggest radio station in the country what do you expect her to say, she's not going to slag them off on there. Chris does all those things because he's a nice guy.

Are you all being serious!? :confused: You're all being so naive. It is so very clear that she is not at all joking she jumped straight in there, "I hate Coldplay....can't stand them", as a radio presenter on the biggest radio station in the country what do you expect her to say, she's not going to slag them off on there. Chris does all those things because he's a nice guy.

What you're saying doesn't make sense. :\ You say that she wouldn't slag them off live on the radio but it's OK for her to say she hates them on a popular show that many people watch? Also, Buzzcocks is a comedy show, so you shouldn't take everything people say on it seriously.

:facepalm:

Much women even katy Brand. but hey maybe we cows, we just have the character, and make everyone laugh, bah not so serious for the showbiz glamour

yes and more the people said was not funny Katy Brand but good showbiz is how hypocritical world is . she tries to change the world for the women in the world but can not because of all too glamorous celebs that everyone admires stupidly.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15hfyyZXCFg&feature=related]Katy Brand as Beyonce gets through to the Let's Dance for Sport Relief final - YouTube[/ame]

I just remembered I had this on my YouTube

"This band have the biggest hearts, the warmest spirits, so much generosity, they are also, obviously one of the best band in this country has ever produced and they're very good friends of mine so we're very grateful..."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBqucuoHERw&feature=player_embedded]Coldplay Exeter Homecoming - Jo and Francis introducing the band - YouTube[/ame]

She spent the gig dancing with Chris' dad too and off stage you could see Chris sitting talking with Francis and giving her a big hug and kiss. They're friends. She was joking. Anyway. I'm done now (bee in my bonnet much? :P)

next Tuesday The Brits, hope we get to see em. :fingersx:

I hope that so much too !!! :D

That must be a joke, they even made a song for her when she was leaving the radio. ;)

so cuuuuute awww :wacky:

Hopefully Coldplay's fortune will be reversed this time around. In 2009 they had a fantastic Grammys but disappointing Brits. So perhaps they'll have brilliant Brits this year?

Yes we'll all cross fingers !!!!

I just remembered I had this on my YouTube

"This band have the biggest hearts, the warmest spirits, so much generosity, they are also, obviously one of the best band in this country has ever produced and they're very good friends of mine so we're very grateful..."

She spent the gig dancing with Chris' dad too and off stage you could see Chris sitting talking with Francis and giving her a big hug and kiss. They're friends. She was joking. Anyway. I'm done now (bee in my bonnet much? :P)

Thanks for the video, I'm sure she's a Coldplay fan, too. :D

I don't think they will win British Group TBH. If it wasn't voted for by fans, they may have done, however it is and unfortunately they're up against One Direction who are a boyband and have mental fans.

#IVoted1DatTheBRITs

That is trending worldwide as we speak.

One Direction are not up against Coldplay in the Best British Group Category though.

British Group

Arctic Monkeys

Chase & Status

Coldplay

Elbow

Kasabian

They got a good chance to win.

One Direction are not up against Coldplay in the Best British Group Category though.

British Group

Arctic Monkeys

Chase & Status

Coldplay

Elbow

Kasabian

They got a good chance to win.

I think they have a good chance. Keep my fingers cross. After that Grammy night, I really want the boys to win at the Brits award. They deserve it.

I hope Kasabian or Arctic Monkeys win :blank:

:escaping:

And you call yourself a FAN ?! KSSSSSS *<- scary cat noise*

:phu:

Jk, actually I don't know if you're among the kind of people here who aren't that much fans of Coldplay anymore :uhoh:

Anyway, I hope they win this one :wacky: :fingersx:

I was expecting they had won at least one Grammy (Foo Fighters?? SERIOUSLY??!), don't have high hopes on the brits. The best album will be 21 and The Best British Group is chosen by the public and I have no idea how many fans Arctic Monkeys, Chase & Status(who?), Elbow and Kasabian have on the UK.

The Brits Are Coming! Fuse to Exclusively Air The Brit Awards Same Day as UK on February 21 at 9pm ET

Performers at this Year's Awards Include Adele, Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Coldplay, Florence + The Machine, Ed Sheeran and Blur's First Performance in Almost Three Years

The BRIT Awards 2012 Airs Tuesday, February 21st at 9pm on Fuse and Encores Friday, February 24th at 10pm ET

New York, NY (February 14, 2012) – Fuse, the national music television network of The Madison Square Garden Company, announced that The BRIT Awards 2012 will air exclusively in the U.S. on Fuse on February 21st at 9pm ET. American audiences will get to watch all of the action from the UK's premier music awards on the same day they take place at The O2 in London. The show will include performances from some of the biggest names in music such as Adele, Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Coldplay and Blur, making The BRITs destined to be filled with many exciting moments.

Hosted by actor/writer/producer and presenter James Corden, The BRITs celebrate and highlight the musical achievements of both British and international artists. Topping the list of nominations is Yorkshire-born singer/songwriter Ed Sheeran, who is nominated in four different categories including British Breakthrough Act and the prestigious MasterCard British Album of the Year. Solo artists Jessie J and Adele both follow with three nominations each, while Florence + The Machine, Emeli Sandé and Coldplay are all nominated in two categories, along with international male solo artists Bon Iver and Aloe Blacc.

"If you love music as much we do, you know that the world looks to the UK for great music and we are ecstatic that Fuse is bringing The BRIT Awards to American audiences," said David Clark, evp, general manager, Fuse. "We can't wait to share all the excitement of one of the world's most important and iconic award shows, especially with this year's amazing lineup of performances from both chart toppers and newcomers alike."

Music lovers can tune in to see Adele, Rihanna, Bruno Mars, Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, Florence + The Machine and Noel Gallagher perform at this year's spectacular event. Blur, this year's winner of the prestigious Outstanding Contribution to Music award, will give their first UK live performance since 2009, when the original line up reunited to play a number of concerts including one of the Glastonbury festival's most memorable headline performances.

Fuse is a national television network that provides a unique, multi-platform destination that connects, informs and amplifies the music experience. "The BRIT Awards 2012" joins Fuse's expanding music programming lineup that includes original series such as "Funny Or Die's Billy On The Street," "Hoppus On Music" with Mark Hoppus from blink-182, "Top 20 Countdown," "Hip Hop Shop," "On the Record with Fuse," and the live concert series "Fuse Presents."

http://www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com/news/2012/fuse-to-exclusively-air-the-brit-awards-on-february-21