✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay @ BRIT Awards 2012 (Tues 21st Feb, O2 Arena, London) // Charlie Brown performance, MX album

Mimixxx

Good thing you're not going to be a (fashion) manager. :whip:

:shame:

I think he still is. But they probably make their decisions together.

:o

That wasn't very nice of you ! :angry:

:phu:

No, I'm pretty sure their manager is Dave Holmes. But as the other members of the band, Phil has probably his word in the decisions.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

That wasn't very nice of you ! :angry:

:phu:

No, I'm pretty sure their manager is Dave Holmes. But as the other members of the band, Phil has probably his word in the decisions.

I'm kidding. :embarrassed:

:hug:

The 2 professions have nothing to do with each other.

Blur is closing the show.

Cool, another thing to keep note of, then.

I'm honestly scared about the fireworks now. I really hope this doesn't go down in history as "The Day Coldplay Exploded The Brits." :confused:

:laugh3: Oh, dear.

All this talk and rumor has me so very intrigued right now. We only have...*Looks at computer clock*...a little over 24 hours to wait, then all will be revealed.

As far as I know, Phil is their Manager and most likely consults on these decisions. Dave is their Tour manager.

Well, the 16 bars or so that Jonny actually plays in Paradise must really make him nervous,lol. :P. Imagine the pressure of playing CB. I mean, in that song you can actually tell the band has 4 memberts! *searches for 'sarcasm' smiley*

In other words, I agree, enough of Paradise, Guys.

I think they call him 'creative consultant' or something. Not sure if it's just symbolic because there was one time (I can't specify it though) when Phil was indeed their manager, but resigned for a while because he was overwhelmed by his duties and that made the band realise how Phil was important.

Anyway, nowadays he probably helps the band make this kind of decision you are discussing.

Guest howyousawtheworld

If they do Paradise again then they clearly allow the right for the album's promo work to die right there and then. If James Corden the host said they're opening the show then surely... MX/Hurts Like Heaven? Go on Coldplay. Show us your balls like when you opened with Square One at the 2006 Brit Awards or payed Politik at the 2003 Grammys. Don't give us your 'it looks like your shit party trick ie your one track wonder of an album' performance. Inspired choice? Not.

By the way Noel Gallagher has just appeared on ITV show Daybreak and has confirmed he's performing with Chris (which we knew anyway, but still)

As far as I know, Phil is their Manager and most likely consults on these decisions. Dave is their Tour manager.

Dave Holmes of 3D Management is their manager and judging by interviews has a lot of say in their decisions, Franksie is their tour manager. :)

Phil is the fifth member and creative director, he used to be their manager in the early days but the stress from their extremely fast progression into a major band made him sick. That's when they hired 'proper' managers, for want of a better word :P

Indeed, I've made no secret of the fact that the interviews he gave at the beginning of this campaign really rubbed me the wrong way.

I'd love it if they surprised us and did Charlie Brown. I just don't see the point of doing Paradise here at all. It has already been to number 1, it's already been over played, they've already played it on British TV shows like Graham Norton and Jonathan Ross and it's not even nominated for anything! It makes no sense at all. :dizzy2:

I really agree that they need to change their management! They are the same 4 guys but all this "paradise" starting from last year glasto has made me sick of the song! Its getting over played ! I think the band had a bit more of a media-friendly attitude this time around (Chris especially) but their choice of songs for the promos has not been the best! They can do Major Minus , that will be awsumn!

itv1 website. http://www.itv.com/itv1/

i watched the xfactor final from this site. but you should download & install expat shield http://expatshield.com/

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr The lone time I broke down and installed it to watch X-Factor, I felt so dirty afterwards. I had pop-ups every time I opened a page. I hope I'm strong enough to wait until 8p to watch it on Fuse. What's a fan to do?

If they do Paradise again then they clearly allow the right for the album's promo work to die right there and then. If James Corden the host said they're opening the show then surely... MX/Hurts Like Heaven? Go on Coldplay. Show us your balls like when you opened with Square One at the 2006 Brit Awards or payed Politik at the 2003 Grammys. Don't give us your 'it looks like your shit party trick ie your one track wonder of an album' performance. Inspired choice? Not.

Spot on, well said.

:nod:

Adele, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran tipped for glory at Brit Awards 2012

The Brit Awards takes place tonight with Adele, Ed Sheeran and Coldplay tipped to take home prizes.

The music bash, being held at London's O2 Arena, is set to feature Adele's live UK comeback after the singer took a break to recover from throat surgery.

Sheeran leads the nominations with four nods while Adele and Jessie J are up for three each.

Adele's 21 is the bookie's favouite to win best British album beating Sheeran's +, Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto, Florence & The Machine's Ceremonials and PJ Harvey's Let England Shake.

article-1329814133655-11B5BDD0000005DC-16996_466x310.jpg

Coldplay are duetting with Rihanna and possibly Noel Gallagher

Coldplay have been tipped to take home the gong for best British group over Kasabian, Chase & Status, Elbow and Arctic Monkeys.

Sheeran is expected to be named best British male, battling it out with Professor Green, James Blake, James Morrison and Noel Gallagher.

One Direction's debut track What Makes You Beautiful is favouite to win best single - voted for by listeners of Capital FM - over Adele's Someone Like You.

Both Sheeran and Coldplay have backed Adele to win the best album prize with Chris Martin telling Radio 2: 'Unless Adele somehow deletes her albums, I think we can come to the conclusion that [we won’t win]. I’m pretty sure of it.’

Modest Sheeran added: 'To have the album nomination was the one that surprised me. I won't win it because Adele will win it.'

Coldplay are expected to take to the stage to perform Princess of China with Rihanna live while Blur, who will receive a lifetime achievement prize tonight, are set to perform an 11-minute medley.

There are also whispers that Noel Gallagher will be duetting with Coldplay with tributes to the late Whitney Houston and Amy Winehouse planned for the show.

Florence and the Machine is set to perform her latest single No Light, No Light in an Alexander McQueen dress.

James Corden, who will host the awards ceremony for the second year running, promised an 'incredible' show.

He told Xfm: 'The show is going to be incredible. Coldplay are opening, which will be huge. They have spent a fortune on pyrotechnics to make it something really special.

'Blur will perform for 11 minutes at the end of the show - more than anyone has been given before for the Outstanding Contribution To Music Award. Add Adele, Ed Sheeran and Noel Gallagher and you've got an incredible lineup.'

Emeli Sande has already been named the winner of the Critics' Choice and will pick up her gong tonight.

The show will be broadcast live on ITV1 from 8pm.

link