✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[8-Feb-2012] Coldplay @ Club Nokia, Los Angeles, CA, USA

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"baby" is how he calls Gwyneth :nod:

Tonight they have a performance and then the Grammys on Sunday. I hope he gets better very soon :\ :hug:

"Baby" is how he calls everyone,lol. I think he probably even calls Jonny "baby"...when no one's around... :wink3:

He sounded pretty good for having a cold. THey also have the Sir Paul tribute tomorrow, so I hope his voiced holds up. :)

Oh I hope nobody caught the cold last night in the front row! LOL.. I hope he gets better soon.. :\

:lol: Yeah, let's hope so! :confused:

"Baby" is how he calls everyone,lol. I think he probably even calls Jonny "baby"...when no one's around... :wink3:

He sounded pretty good for having a cold. THey also have the Sir Paul tribute tomorrow, so I hope his voiced holds up. :)

:laugh3: :sneaky: ... It must hold up. I only needed to watch the IMP video to notice that there was something with his voice, he was singing it differently... But he was incredibly bouncing up and down quite everywhere :lol:

Jonny = so cute. I could swear I saw Chris poke him in the butt with his guitar. Anyone else see that.

:surprised: Ooh really? :mellow:

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I've been doing a lot of driving today. Just want to re-emphasize the magnitude of joy that this show brought to me and all those who waited all dang day with me. I thought it appropriate that those of us who waited the longest actually got the best rail spots. I guess there is some Karmic justice out there.

Special thanks to all the great Coldplayers that hung out with me. Major thanks to Jason for all of the pics and venue info. All of you guys were really great.

This was the single best show that I've ever seen. The best band in the world in a tiny venue from the front row?? I never thought that would be possible, but in the end it was "such a perfect day!"

It's cute when he says "baby" Did notice he was sick at Nokia.

A lot of us were interviewed in one of our many lines at Club Nokia yesterday... this was the will call one... it's like a Coldplaying member roll call!

I'm sitting on the ground at the beginning (black hat and red Echo & The Bunnymen shirt), and then again at about 40 seconds. I'll let everyone else stake claim for themselves! :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BhO0AfRAF4]987FM iHeart Radio Concert with Coldplay - YouTube[/ame]

Jason

THIS IS INCREDIBLE, JASON!!! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ALL MORNING!!! gonna be taking your pictures, just so you know! (but i'll give you all the credit) so glad i met you and dianne! you guys are officially my new "freaky coldplay friends"! wish they had done lost! and politik, but hey I CAN'T COMPLAIN.

i must say, i've been to many shows in my time, both in arenas and intimate settings, festivals, indoors and outdoors -- many were out the this world; many have been all of fun and unforgettable, BUT I CAN HONESTLY SAY LAST NIGHT WAS LIFE-ALTERING. AND NOTHING WILL EVER BE ABLE TO TOUCH IT.

check my twitter for some more pictures from last night! username: soradiculous

if anyone wants, i'll upload us against the world and everything's not lost -- i've got those in it's entirety!

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE STREAMING LAST NIGHT HAS BEEN RIPPED AND READY FOR DOWNLOAD???

tuesday night i couldn't sleep 'cause i was having nightmares that i was gonna be the 100th person in line at 7am... but LAST night, i couldn't sleep because i'm on too much of high!

sigh.

So awesome meeting you, hanging out before and after the Club Nokia show, and then again tonight for Jimmy Kimmel! It's like Coldplay Week in Los Angeles!

Jason

I saw you guys Dianne, Jason, and Angie a few times. They even showed you Dianne in the big screen behind Coldplay. :)

Jason, were you the lucky person who purchased the Coldplay puppets that the oracle mentioned were sold off for a charity? :)

Hey There!

Yeah, Mike sent me a screencap of me in the audience, looking stunned... :cool:

I did not buy the puppets, but I am friendly with them. :cooky:

Jason

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I've been doing a lot of driving today. Just want to re-emphasize the magnitude of joy that this show brought to me and all those who waited all dang day with me. I thought it appropriate that those of us who waited the longest actually got the best rail spots. I guess there is some Karmic justice out there.

Special thanks to all the great Coldplayers that hung out with me. Major thanks to Jason for all of the pics and venue info. All of you guys were really great.

This was the single best show that I've ever seen. The best band in the world in a tiny venue from the front row?? I never thought that would be possible, but in the end it was "such a perfect day!"

Hey, it was awesome hanging out with you - stay in touch as it's nice to meet concert goers who you know have your back! I still haven't figured out how we (all of us who were waiting around ALL DAY) ended up across most of the front row after the fiasco with letting us into the venue... I went from 4th to about 20 somethingith... but I think most of the others were not Pit.

Thanks again for being part of such a cool experience!

Jason

Long travel day back to Texas and some sleep. Feeling much better now.

First as a venue, this Club is amazing. Great sound. GA section behind the PIT is raised some so people in the back can still see. Balcony is close to stage but not as high as House of Blues, so I would think a better view. On the down side, employees are clueless. Nothing was organized or even given the slightest thought prior to show day. No one knew what was going on. No info was given out. Complete cluster fuck!

The show was amazing. I seen a few comments that Chris looked sick......WTF. Where you people looking at the same show? The man never let up! I see sick every day, that's not what sick looks like. He was very silly and frisky. During Viva sneaking up behind Guy crouching down by his butt, til Guy started laughing....then over messing with Will by pushing the riser holding the kettle drum and bell :lol: (earthquake!!!!!) .....the C&J love was flowing :jbcm:

Making Jonny sing :dazzled:

It's always the simple things that I remember and make shows special. The guitar pick on the floor and us trying to tell that security dude to get it for us, him not understanding or not giving a damn and it getting lost forever in an avalanche of confetti. And I do mean avalanche. I thought we might get burried alive. :laugh3:

The horror of getting to first row only to find out some camera man might be blocking your view all night and the joy when you see him and he's so short. :D and he looks like a transformer or borg when he straps on all his gear. :borg:

Hearing them sound check Get Back when the club is upstairs from the Grammy Museum where they are having the George Harrison exhibit. If they could have only gone on the roof to play it. :awesome:

This old dude who came out to shoot pics

(jason's pic)

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-157.jpg

He was shooting all Chris and I tapped him on his shoulder and told him to shoot pics of Jonny and he took a whole bunch and would show me each one on his viewer. And him going crazy and jumping and fist pumping with the crowd.... Mike got an awesome video of him.

I made the decision not to bring my camera. If it was there I would have spent too much time looking at a view screen and not enough jumping and clapping. I did shoot a few pics with my phone and video of UATW.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdTG01XMrTw]Us Against The World.3GP - YouTube[/ame]

LosAngeles-20120208-00602.jpg

the sun really does shine out of his ass :P

LosAngeles-20120208-00600.jpg

IMG-20120208-00582.jpg

Great day hanging out with you guys. Wish I could have stayed and went to JKL, but I had to come back home for work. Hope you had a slammin time and didn't have to go through all the stress we did at Nokia.

Long travel day back to Texas and some sleep. Feeling much better now.

Great day hanging out with you guys. Wish I could have stayed and went to JKL, but I had to come back home for work. Hope you had a slammin time and didn't have to go through all the stress we did at Nokia.

It was nice to meet you and Mike - and your thoughts are spot on. The guys were so playful and smiley.

While it was great to see the boys twice in 2 nights, the JK was a completely different experience, strange vibe from the crowd - Jason does an excellent job of summarizing that show on his blog.

http://www.originalprop.com/blog/2012/02/10/jimmy-kimmel-live-concert-photojournal-review-of-coldplay-outdoor-mini-concert-block-party-in-hollywood-on-292012/#more-28332

The Nokia show for me was perfect, just perfect. Awesome crowd, great venue, and stellar performance. One of those nights you don't want to end, and hang onto as long as you can. It was so fun to share the experience with my friends from here, and I'm so glad that those of us who had waited the longest, made it to the front. Others have written their reviews, so I won't add to that. Certain performances touch me, and good lord, I feel like such a fangirl, but this performance really just put it all out there for me. Our boys are such awesome showmen, and truly brought their A-game that night. And it just honestly looked like they were enjoying themselves and that vibe carried to the audience. I guess I'm just as much about the feeling of the show as well as the music, if that makes sense. Just a happy-all-around atmosphere, and it just permeated throughout. I felt this crowd, and maybe it's just because I was surrounded by diehard fans, fed off the band's energy and they felt it back.

Some of my pictures, in no particular order.

Must start off with a photo of Will, of course ;)

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

DSC00222.jpg

I'll add more in a bit.