✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[8-Feb-2012] Coldplay @ Club Nokia, Los Angeles, CA, USA

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would recommend not posting the presale code in this thread, to make it harder for people buying tickets to scalp them. If they Google 'presale' and 'Coldplay', it will probably direct them to this thread... If any member here needs the presale code, send me a private message and I'll send it to you...

A couple of tips...

I've had experiences in the past with Ticketmaster, which uses "Verified by Visa" if you have a Visa credit card with that feature, where it glitches when using Mozilla Firefox. So if either applies to you, I would recommend using Microsoft Internet Explorer to buy your ticket, because you can get five minutes into the process and not be able to get past that stage, and have to start over (by which time all the tickets will probably be gone).

I would recommend hitting CTRL+F5 (hard refresh) on the main Ticketmaster order screen for this event, leading up to 10am.

What you choose as far as the options for tickets can be the difference between getting tickets and getting nothing at all, so you should decide ahead of time as best you can.

Usually the VIP ones are set off as a distinct option. Then usually there are options by both placement as well as price level.

I've found with Ticketmaster that if you choose "Best Available", it usually ranks General Admission highest, even if it isn't the most expensive option, which is kind of weird. May not always be true, but I've bought a lot of tickets recently for different shows, and that seemed to hold true.

If you want to try different options at the same time... it is best if you do it on two different devices. If you have two tabs in the same browser, one will usually override the other (same cookie?), and you could lose the better of the two options... I think it you use different brands of browsers on the same computer (have say Firefox in one window and Internet Explorer in another), you get around that (I think they use their own cookies). I have multiple computers and even multiple internet services from different internet providers, so I get completely around that. :lol: You can also use your smartphone...

Most importantly, keep checking, even a while after 10 am. I think some people "juggle" multiple tickets, and then end up going with one option and abandoning the rest, so those get kicked back out to be offered... so keep checking and even though you may get a null result, 10 minutes later some may be available again. I also wonder if maybe Ticketmaster lets them out in bunches just to level the playing field more (though I don't give them credit for being that compassionate ;))... so if you miss out, I'd just keep trying throughout the day even, up until 10 pm when the pre-sale is over.

Also, the expensive VIPs are usually the last to go (due to high cost), so that is always a fallback, as scalpers will probably be selling General Admissions for more than the VIPs anyway... also, a lot of the time with VIPs, you have to show your ID and/or credit card used to buy them at the venue to get the laminate, etc, so scalpers generally don't mess with those... (too much work/risk)

It looks like from the maps, the main advantage with the VIP tickets is an unobstructed view... other than that, you get some cool memorabilia and food/drinks (the latter of which isn't worth the premium, to me anyway!). The funny thing is, in the last two I went to (UCLA and Madrid) they promise early entry, but in both cases, let everyone in at the exact same time. :lol:

Jason

This is some of the best advice I've seen on this subject. I bought the VIP tickets and I'm just off the main floor in front in Chicago. I also am supposed to get some kind of speical souveniers (a t-shirt is one.) Certainly doesn't make up for the cost, but I think the view will.

thanks for all reviews and photos.. :)

if anyone wants, i'll upload us against the world and everything's not lost -- i've got those in it's entirety!

sigh.

I'd like to watch those performances, can you upload it ? thanks.

New Here!!

Hi guys! I am one of you! New to the board but not new to Coldplay. I am still reeling over the concert last night. I wish I could have been there, though.

I have a question for those that were there....

During "Yellow" Chris dedicated it to someone in the upper right balcony in a checkered shirt. Did anyone happen to take a gander up there and see who it was?

Soooooooo glad to be around people that share my obsession. :D

During "Yellow" Chris dedicated it to someone in the upper right balcony in a checkered shirt. Did anyone happen to take a gander up there and see who it was?

Yeah I was wondering that too, anyone know?

Jonny = so cute. I could swear I saw Chris poke him in the butt with his guitar. Anyone else see that.

:lol: I didn't, that's funny. your eyes could be right. :laugh2:

Edit: thanx to all who posted lovely review and pictures and vids, they're awesome. :)

thanks for all reviews and photos.. :)

I'd like to watch those performances, can you upload it ? thanks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2aE3nKhciE]coldplay - us against the world | iheartradio benefit concert - YouTube[/ame]

it's unlisted right now until i upload an HD version of it! an SD version shall suffice for now. (for whatever reason, the HD upload kept failing! i'll have to try when i get home).

you can totally hear jason singing, too :)

Coldplay Stun At Benefit Concert As Martin Battles A Cold

Coldplay frontman Chris Martin is battling jet-lag and a nasty cold ahead of the band's performance with Rihanna at the Grammy Awards on Sunday (12Feb12).

The singer hit the stage for a charity gig in Los Angeles on Wednesday night (08Feb12) and appeared to be a little ill, but his show-must-go-on attitude prevailed and he croaked his way through a 90-minute I Heart Radio hits set to benefit city youth organisations.

In fact, the band pulled out all the stops at the intimate Club Nokia show, supplying fans with complimentary wristbands, which lit up to the beat of select songs, and showering them in leaf confetti. The Brits didn't hold back on their impressive light show either, suggesting their Grammys performance will be spectacular if Martin can stay healthy.

The stars came out for the special show - Martin's wife Gwyneth Paltrow took her actress mum Blythe Danner to the concert, while Nicole Richie, George Clooney's girlfriend Stacy Kiebler, Cameron Diaz, singer Cheryl Cole and actress Julianne Hough were also spotted at the concert.

The sold-out Club Nokia gig is the first in a string of U.S. concerts for Coldplay. After their night at the Grammys, they head off on tour with a return to Los Angeles planned in May (12) for three historic sold-out shows at the Hollywood Bowl.

link

Well, I guess this answers a couple of questions huh?

Gwyneth was there. The question is...was it her or was it Blyth that was wearing a checkered shirt? :lol:

And our wristband guy was right, Chris was not well.

Funny, I thought he looked SO incredibly happy last night. Maybe he was on cold medicine. :D

Well, I guess this answers a couple of questions huh?

Gwyneth was there. The question is...was it her or was it Blyth that was wearing a checkered shirt? :lol:

And our wristband guy was right, Chris was not well.

Funny, I thought he looked SO incredibly happy last night. Maybe he was on cold medicine. :D

he was totally robotrippin'. ;) which i'm sure is why they dropped lost! and politik. :(

Hi guys! I am one of you! New to the board but not new to Coldplay. I am still reeling over the concert last night. I wish I could have been there, though.

I have a question for those that were there....

Soooooooo glad to be around people that share my obsession. :D

Gwyneth and her mom were sitting at the front row of the balcony. So maybe Chris dedicated the song to either his wife or mother in law. He also said baby during up in flame. Maybe was for his wife???

Coldplay Stun At Benefit Concert As Martin Battles A Cold

Coldplay frontman Chris Martin is battling jet-lag and a nasty cold ahead of the band's performance with Rihanna at the Grammy Awards on Sunday (12Feb12).

The singer hit the stage for a charity gig in Los Angeles on Wednesday night (08Feb12) and appeared to be a little ill, but his show-must-go-on attitude prevailed and he croaked his way through a 90-minute I Heart Radio hits set to benefit city youth organisations.

In fact, the band pulled out all the stops at the intimate Club Nokia show, supplying fans with complimentary wristbands, which lit up to the beat of select songs, and showering them in leaf confetti. The Brits didn't hold back on their impressive light show either, suggesting their Grammys performance will be spectacular if Martin can stay healthy.

The stars came out for the special show - Martin's wife Gwyneth Paltrow took her actress mum Blythe Danner to the concert, while Nicole Richie, George Clooney's girlfriend Stacy Kiebler, Cameron Diaz, singer Cheryl Cole and actress Julianne Hough were also spotted at the concert.

The sold-out Club Nokia gig is the first in a string of U.S. concerts for Coldplay. After their night at the Grammys, they head off on tour with a return to Los Angeles planned in May (12) for three historic sold-out shows at the Hollywood Bowl.

link

He was a little off last night but he pulled it through. Hope he will be better by Sunday to give us a kick ass performance on Grammy.

Gwyneth and her mom were sitting at the front roll of the balcony. So maybe Chris dedicated the song to either his wife or mother in law. He also said baby during up in flame. Maybe was for his wife???

"baby" is how he calls Gwyneth :nod:

Tonight they have a performance and then the Grammys on Sunday. I hope he gets better very soon :\ :hug: