✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[8-Feb-2012] Coldplay @ Club Nokia, Los Angeles, CA, USA

What song were they playing here? :wacko:

Thanks so much for the pics! :D

After the broadcasted part, ending with ETIAW, they came back and did Us Against the World and Everything's Not Lost. Chris is sitting on the edge of the stage for UATW. He just came over, sat down, and apologized for the sound - don't know why, it was amazing. Best show ever...Wow, I still can' t quite get my head around how incredible it was.

And apparently, the cameraman was in my face more than I thought. :\:laugh3:

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, okay, it is 4 am and I've been writing an article about this concert, after showing up at the venue at 8 am (now yesterday) and standing around for 13 hours... it was that freaking good! I really can't express - it was just an amazing concert.

The venue - incredible. The band - seriously at their most jubilant - they just exuded joy with every bit and nuance of their performance. It was just stunning.

Since I've been going to so many concerts lately, I've been putting up articles about them on my website, along with photos and videos (though I only shot one video here, since it was being professionally filmed, which I hope will be available at some point so I can watch it and relive it!).

Published a ton of pics - nearly 200 - all from front row center.

Seriously, if you ever have an opportunity to get right to the front at a venue like this, the horrific prospect of standing in line all day staring you in the face... totally worth it. People like to throw around the word Epic a lot. This show was freaking Epic. Incredible.

I do try to take nice pics at concerts, but some of these are really some of the best I've done of Coldplay (because I was so freaking close - not a result of any special skill on my part).

Will throw up a few samples here, but too tired to recode all 200ish of them into the different format this board uses... :LOL:

See my full review and all pics here (video still uploading here at hotel):

iHeartRadio Concert Photojournal: Review of Coldplay Charity Event at Club Nokia in Los Angeles on 2/8/2009

Sample pics:

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-068.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-070.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-094.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-096.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-099.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-112.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-115.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-120.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-131.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-144.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-147.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-156.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-157.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-170.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-172.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-175.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-183.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-185.jpg

Was lucky enough to get Guy's set list:

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-188.jpg

They skipped LOST! & Politik.

Anyway, I need some sleep. Totally awesome. And met up with soooo many awesome members of Coldplaying. They (you) were everywhere!

Jason

P.S. Also tweeted a special surprise message from the venue:

Coldplay-Life-In-Technicolor-Puppets-Message.jpg

Fantastic review and it was nice to meet you! Not sure if you remember me...we talked briefly about your dog and some shows you're going to up north and etc. :)

Thanks a lot for the review and the pics Jason! :nice:

Iheart radio was done before the 2nd encore. Chris told the audience beforehand. So when he came out after the radio was done he said he could now say things like F**K and S**T

:laugh3: that's Chris :lol:

UP IN FLAMES

THIS IS INCREDIBLE, JASON!!! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ALL MORNING!!! gonna be taking your pictures, just so you know! (but i'll give you all the credit) so glad i met you and dianne! you guys are officially my new "freaky coldplay friends"! wish they had done lost! and politik, but hey I CAN'T COMPLAIN.

i must say, i've been to many shows in my time, both in arenas and intimate settings, festivals, indoors and outdoors -- many were out the this world; many have been all of fun and unforgettable, BUT I CAN HONESTLY SAY LAST NIGHT WAS LIFE-ALTERING. AND NOTHING WILL EVER BE ABLE TO TOUCH IT.

check my twitter for some more pictures from last night! username: soradiculous

if anyone wants, i'll upload us against the world and everything's not lost -- i've got those in it's entirety!

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE STREAMING LAST NIGHT HAS BEEN RIPPED AND READY FOR DOWNLOAD???

tuesday night i couldn't sleep 'cause i was having nightmares that i was gonna be the 100th person in line at 7am... but LAST night, i couldn't sleep because i'm on too much of high!

sigh.

Yeah, okay, it is 4 am and I've been writing an article about this concert, after showing up at the venue at 8 am (now yesterday) and standing around for 13 hours... it was that freaking good! I really can't express - it was just an amazing concert.

The venue - incredible. The band - seriously at their most jubilant - they just exuded joy with every bit and nuance of their performance. It was just stunning.

Since I've been going to so many concerts lately, I've been putting up articles about them on my website, along with photos and videos (though I only shot one video here, since it was being professionally filmed, which I hope will be available at some point so I can watch it and relive it!).

Published a ton of pics - nearly 200 - all from front row center.

Seriously, if you ever have an opportunity to get right to the front at a venue like this, the horrific prospect of standing in line all day staring you in the face... totally worth it. People like to throw around the word Epic a lot. This show was freaking Epic. Incredible.

I do try to take nice pics at concerts, but some of these are really some of the best I've done of Coldplay (because I was so freaking close - not a result of any special skill on my part).

Will throw up a few samples here, but too tired to recode all 200ish of them into the different format this board uses... :LOL:

See my full review and all pics here (video still uploading here at hotel):

iHeartRadio Concert Photojournal: Review of Coldplay Charity Event at Club Nokia in Los Angeles on 2/8/2009

Sample pics:

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-068.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-070.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-094.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-096.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-099.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-112.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-115.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-120.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-131.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-144.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-147.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-156.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-157.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-170.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-172.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-175.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-183.jpg

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-185.jpg

Was lucky enough to get Guy's set list:

Coldplay-iHeartRadio-Club-Nokia-Live-Concert-Photos-188.jpg

They skipped LOST! & Politik.

Anyway, I need some sleep. Totally awesome. And met up with soooo many awesome members of Coldplaying. They (you) were everywhere!

Jason

P.S. Also tweeted a special surprise message from the venue:

Coldplay-Life-In-Technicolor-Puppets-Message.jpg

Jason, I was in giggles from seeing you & Dianne nonstop on my computer last night. The camera man loved y'all! Is this your number 1 then over Newcastle & Madrid?

Um, yeah, so I heard. LOL Seriously, it was the best concert I've been to. Don't know if it was the delirium from waiting all day - I got there at 10:30 and met up with Jason, Mike, Angie and a few others - or just the sheer awesomeness of being *RIGHT THERE*. The boys seemed to be in an exceedingly good mood - lots of smiles and the "looks" we all know. I'm going through my pics now, some are pretty darn good. And I hope I didn't embarrass myself too bad on camera and god forbid, they better not have caught any of my singing.

I will leave you with this picture, though :)

DSC00256.jpg

Ok, and this one...

DSC00212.jpg

Well, and one more...

DSC00210.jpg

Last one for now...

DSC00152.jpg

The band soundchecked The Beatles 'Get Back'. I assume that is what they will play at the Paul McCartney tribute concert. It sounded good.

I'm at the airport waiting to fly home. Still haven't been to sleep. Hope I can nap on the plane.

Full review coming later.

We also swear we heard "Eye of the Tiger" during soundcheck. Hahaha.

Hope you got to nap some Angie.

I saw you guys Dianne, Jason, and Angie a few times. They even showed you Dianne in the big screen behind Coldplay. :)

Jason, were you the lucky person who purchased the Coldplay puppets that the oracle mentioned were sold off for a charity? :)