✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Prospekt's March style EP for Mylo Xyloto?

MyloXyloTom

This is my first post on the site, so first of all, hey :)

Anyway, to my main point, I was wondering if there's been any suggestion of a Prospekt's March style EP for Mylo Xyloto (i.e. all the tracks that didn't make the album)? I've followed the messageboard for a while now and so often I see people talking about Car Kids in particular - have the band dropped any hints to a release or are people just wishing?

First of all, I love your username :lol: Second, welcome to Coldplaying! :D

There has been no official announcement from Coldplay about an EP, so its mainly just wishful thinking. However, we do know that they have been recording at least one new song (read this blog from Roadie 42 http://www.coldplay.com/archive.php#!prettyArticle/0/) since the December shows. Whether this means an EP is planned, or whether its just a B-Side to Charlie Brown or some other single, no-one knows. But, we can hope can't we? :laugh3:

Also I remember hearing a few weeks ago that someone in the band (can't remember who) said they had been talking about an EP, but obviously this doesn't mean they're actually gonna make one.

First of all, I love your username :lol: Second, welcome to Coldplaying! :D

There has been no official announcement from Coldplay about an EP, so its mainly just wishful thinking. However, we do know that they have been recording at least one new song (read this blog from Roadie 42 http://www.coldplay.com/archive.php#!prettyArticle/0/) since the December shows. Whether this means an EP is planned, or whether its just a B-Side to Charlie Brown or some other single, no-one knows. But, we can hope can't we? :laugh3:

Also I remember hearing a few weeks ago that someone in the band (can't remember who) said they had been talking about an EP, but obviously this doesn't mean they're actually gonna make one.

Haha, thanks, was pretty proud of it :) Everyone on this forum is so much polite than other messageboards I've been on!

The release of Charlie Brown seems to be infinitely delayed, I've heard some stuff about more filming for a video, but it could also be that they're refining a B-Side for it.

Also, I remember reading an interview with Chris somewhere where he said they originally recorded a bunch of acoustic songs for the album, so the wishful thinking for a whole EP shall continue :D

• 3 weeks later...

The 2nd LiJ mix was actually a bit better for me (improved strings IIRC) but yeah it was a rather minor-sounding change. Agreed with the rest though (Rainy Day is rather quirky for me, sometimes I like it, other times I don't)

My feelings towards the album also dictate that I do not think they should release an EP

Why are people copying everything I say? :confused: I'm scared :cry: :confused::worried2:

I know! :lol: I thought I was losing my mind when every time I'd scroll down in the thread, I'd see someone with a different username saying word for word the EXACT same thing. :inquisitive:

But to comment on the point of this thread, I suppose no one knows for sure, but I'm certainly hoping for an EP like Prospekt's March!! :nod: *Fingers crossed for sure!!*

Welcome to Coldplaying! :)

To answer your question, we really don't know what the boys are up to as far as releases are concerned. It's all sort of fuzzy right now, and a lot of people are wondering the same thing as you!

Personally, I don't think they should do an EP for this album unless they're sure they have a lot of new songs that they want to release together. I was kind of lukewarm about Prospekt's March....I liked some songs (especially Glass of Water!), and others were just okay. But yeah, we dunno......and I'm assuming we'll find out eventually! :D

I'm pretty sure that it was Guy talking to Chris about it. I think it's possible, ever since I saw Mylo Xylo2 in the book :D Although who knows with Coldplays cryptic shit. :\ I just want new songs, in whatever form (B-side, EP, Live), but preferably the first two.

I wasn't aware of the 'Mylo Xylo2' thing, but that's a fairly significant clue, and it puts my user name to shame in terms of Coldplay punnery :laugh3:

I'd agree that B-Sides and EPs are preferable, live versions of the new tracks already exist (iTunes Festival, American Express Unstaged etc)

From what I've heard, they have more than enough songs to make an EP:

1000-1

Car Kids (;))

Cartoon Head 

Cartoon Heart

Drunks And Guns

Gardeners On The Frontline 

If I Ever Fall In Love Again

Love In A Lethal Dose

Spanish Rain (aka Don Quixote)

Wedding Bells

(Wikipedia)