✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[1-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI, USA

Denise

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going through the VIP ticket packages and its really sad to see you need to pay almost $300 a ticket to get good floor seats or the best side stage sections. Section 102, which is right next to the side stage, if you chose the VIP tour pack is $275 a ticket. I don't know if its the venue that decides this but its really disappointing that its getting out of hand and you cant just be first in line to get great tickets anymore.

Does anyone know how I can get ticketmaster to give me seats that aren't side stage or behind the stage?

I've tried at least 50 times and it keeps giving me the same 4 seats: 103, 104, 111, and 110

Sections 101/102/112/113 (and probably 114/115/125/126) are VIP Tour Package seats. I think sections 116-124 are sold out. Loge seating tickets are still available.

• 2 months later...

Alright guys. :) I'm traveling 5 hours from Ohio to come to this concert! We are in the first row of the "D" section. I read through the topic of the last concert at Auburn Hills, but I couldn't find any accounts of people with similar seats.

So I'm wondering, has anyone been to a concert there before? Do you think I'll be able to see okay? Some people have been saying that sometimes you can't see on the floor and I'm getting stressed.

Alright guys. :) I'm traveling 5 hours from Ohio to come to this concert! We are in the first row of the "D" section. I read through the topic of the last concert at Auburn Hills, but I couldn't find any accounts of people with similar seats.

So I'm wondering, has anyone been to a concert there before? Do you think I'll be able to see okay? Some people have been saying that sometimes you can't see on the floor and I'm getting stressed.

Welcome in advance!

The thing is, the stage setup on the ticketmaster link isn't right. So while according to the layout on ticketmaster you appear to be further back, you might actually be really close to the "catwalk" part of the stage. I've never been on the floor at the Palace, although I will be on June 11th (GA for the Radiohead concert). Hopefully I'll be near the front, but if I'm not, I'll let you know how the view was. Frankly I think the Coldplay stage is set up higher so you should have a good view regardless. I'd recommend keeping up with the reviews at other arenas for people with similar seating. Floor is floor regardless of the venue, so that should give you a good idea too.

• 1 month later...
For people who are interested, here is a good seating chart where you can zoom in and see the exact rows in detail: http://www.palacenet.com/files/palace_gcs_map.pdf

Alright so thanks for posting this, it's helpful. I do have a question though...

That's not the right setup for Coldplay, right? They're going to have a ramp they'll walk out on into the floor section?

Alright so thanks for posting this, it's helpful. I do have a question though...

That's not the right setup for Coldplay, right? They're going to have a ramp they'll walk out on into the floor section?

Yes as long as they keep on doing what they've been doing, there will be a ramp. Although I think ticketmaster still shows the inappropriate setup, which is a bit misleading particularly for people who aren't expecting it. Some people will think they have better seats than they actually get with the ramp being there, and some people will be surprised because their seats end up being better than what they thought... if that makes any sense.