✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[1-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI, USA

Denise

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there in Section 228 :/ I think I will still have a great view of the production but wish I somewhat closer. This will be my 5th show and first since lollapalooza so I am THRILLED to finally experience xylobands! I am taking two friends who are lukewarm fans and I am really hoping I can show them the light! lol I will be wearing a green MX shirt I got for Christmas. My two friends won't be willing to wait after to meet, but I met Bruce Springsteen at the Palace in April and he came out at the exit where this picture is if it helps. Maybe afterwards I will be able to change their mind but I am also going to the Chicago show the 6th with my mom and she is much more willing to meet them! Hope you guys are excited! The previous 4 shows I went to (Palace, DTE 2008/2009, Alphine Valley 2009 and Lolla last year were some of the best nights of my life!

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=palace+of+auburn+hills+entrances&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&sa=N&rls=en&biw=1280&bih=760&tbm=isch&tbnid=YRpMoFSQIeFZyM:&imgrefurl=http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/the-palace-of-auburn-hills-s105/&docid=stsbsS03WNndhM&imgurl=http://image1.stadiumjourney.com/images/stadiums/105_The_Palace_of_Auburn_Hills_Exterior&w=720&h=480&ei=R2EXUN6sE8akrAHTrYG4Aw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=389&vpy=481&dur=1879&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=120&ty=148&sig=101334435813926453705&page=1&tbnh=135&tbnw=246&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:19,s:0,i:135

I will be there in Section 228 :/ I think I will still have a great view of the production but wish I somewhat closer. This will be my 5th show and first since lollapalooza so I am THRILLED to finally experience xylobands! I am taking two friends who are lukewarm fans and I am really hoping I can show them the light! lol I will be wearing a green MX shirt I got for Christmas. My two friends won't be willing to wait after to meet, but I met Bruce Springsteen at the Palace in April and he came out at the exit where this picture is if it helps. Maybe afterwards I will be able to change their mind but I am also going to the Chicago show the 6th with my mom and she is much more willing to meet them! Hope you guys are excited! The previous 4 shows I went to (Palace, DTE 2008/2009, Alphine Valley 2009 and Lolla last year were some of the best nights of my life!

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=palace+of+auburn+hills+entrances&um=1&hl=en&client=safari&sa=N&rls=en&biw=1280&bih=760&tbm=isch&tbnid=YRpMoFSQIeFZyM:&imgrefurl=http://www.stadiumjourney.com/stadiums/the-palace-of-auburn-hills-s105/&docid=stsbsS03WNndhM&imgurl=http://image1.stadiumjourney.com/images/stadiums/105_The_Palace_of_Auburn_Hills_Exterior&w=720&h=480&ei=R2EXUN6sE8akrAHTrYG4Aw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=389&vpy=481&dur=1879&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=120&ty=148&sig=101334435813926453705&page=1&tbnh=135&tbnw=246&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:19,s:0,i:135

Hmmm I wonder which exit that is.. Anyone have a clue?

Hmmm I wonder which exit that is.. Anyone have a clue?

Looks like the South Entrance, it's the "front" one (ie closest to the entrance from Lapeer Road)

I looked it up on Bing Bird's Eye View, here's the coordinates

42.69619 -83.246597

EDIT: after looking at the map again that's not the front entrance, it's the "back" one. It butts up to Championship Drive, which is a little service road to the Palace. That makes it seem like a likely place for their exit since a bus could be parked right there and get away quickly.

I hope they play Green Eyes again

I hate to rain on your parade but I don't see it happening :/ I love that song too. I wish they would just play every song on every album haha!! It hasn't been on the set list during any show this tour... Every set list is on setlist.fm if you want to check it out, or leave it a surprise :)

I hate to rain on your parade but I don't see it happening :/ I love that song too. I wish they would just play every song on every album haha!! It hasn't been on the set list during any show this tour... Every set list is on setlist.fm if you want to check it out, or leave it a surprise :)

lol. i hate to dry off your parade but they just played it yesterday in Boston. :laugh3: the thing i don't like is that it replaced Warning Sign.

Have fun tomorrow everyone! I will be out at a dinner for a special occasion so I wouldn't be able to compile twitter updates tomorrow...If there was any show I really wanted to go to, it was this one :)

lol. i hate to dry off your parade but they just played it yesterday in Boston. :laugh3: the thing i don't like is that it replaced Warning Sign.

Ok I see that now but the only time they've changed the setlist is when they play more than one show in that city. So I'm betting on Warning Sign. Either way, I'm excited!

Looks like the South Entrance, it's the "front" one (ie closest to the entrance from Lapeer Road)

I looked it up on Bing Bird's Eye View, here's the coordinates

42.69619 -83.246597

EDIT: after looking at the map again that's not the front entrance, it's the "back" one. It butts up to Championship Drive, which is a little service road to the Palace. That makes it seem like a likely place for their exit since a bus could be parked right there and get away quickly.

Yeah exactly. Springsteen came out about 30 min after his show made sure to shake people hands and few got lucky pictures but security was pushing him back into his SUV and away he went. I am sure they will be leaving the same area

Yeah exactly. Springsteen came out about 30 min after his show made sure to shake people hands and few got lucky pictures but security was pushing him back into his SUV and away he went. I am sure they will be leaving the same area

Looks like that's where I'll be, then! I'm so excited!

If anybody from here wants to meet up at the entrance of 113 at 6:30pm just say :)

Also.. if there's ever a really quiet moment for even 2 seconds during the show tomorrow I'm going to yell I LOVE YOU really loud to Chris, Jonny, Will and Guy :D listen for that :D

I'm beyond words so honored and ready for this moment tomorrow :)

I'm so excited and nervous, my stomach has been a mess all day :D I'll never be able to sleep tonight! I've never seen them before in concert. Have any of you guys?

Oh my goodness... we should text each other.. :D those can be my exact words :D I've never seen them either and I'm nervous, excited cannot relax, I couldn't even sleep last night and I know I wont sleep tonight! :D

Oh my goodness... we should text each other.. :D those can be my exact words :D I've never seen them either and I'm nervous, excited cannot relax, I couldn't even sleep last night and I know I wont sleep tonight! :D

Im so excited it doesn't even feel like real life haha its still so surreal to me that Im seeing my favorite band LIVE tomorrow AHHH :DDDD

Did anyone find out exactly when the parking lot and then the venue open? I can't seem to find any info :thinking:

I've heard 4pm for the parking lot and 5pm. The doors open at 5:30 so it makes me thing that the parking lot opens at 4. I'm gonna try to get there at 4:30.

I emailed the palace but they haven't answered me. If they answer me by tomorrow I'll go ahead and let you guys know :D

I've heard 4pm for the parking lot and 5pm. The doors open at 5:30 so it makes me thing that the parking lot opens at 4. I'm gonna try to get there at 4:30.

I emailed the palace but they haven't answered me. If they answer me by tomorrow I'll go ahead and let you guys know :D

Yeah I've heard the same.. but you're probably right, the parking at 4.. Ill probably come around 4:30 also.. or maybe go at 4, and if its not open, then go hang out somewhere, and wait eagerly. lol

Yeah I've heard the same.. but you're probably right, the parking at 4.. Ill probably come around 4:30 also.. or maybe go at 4, and if its not open, then go hang out somewhere, and wait eagerly. lol

Yeah that's a good idea :3 Probably do the same here. I've never been to the palace for a concert. I went when I was about 7 for disney on ice xD but that was 9 years ago.

Yeah that's a good idea :3 Probably do the same here. I've never been to the palace for a concert. I went when I was about 7 for disney on ice xD but that was 9 years ago.

me either, I live in Ohio.. this is going to be about a 4 1/2 hour drive there for me but it will be well worth it I'm sure :D