✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[1-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ Palace of Auburn Hills, Detroit, MI, USA

Denise

Yes as long as they keep on doing what they've been doing, there will be a ramp. Although I think ticketmaster still shows the inappropriate setup, which is a bit misleading particularly for people who aren't expecting it. Some people will think they have better seats than they actually get with the ramp being there, and some people will be surprised because their seats end up being better than what they thought... if that makes any sense.

yeah exactly. I have seats in the back of the floor area so I figure they will end up being better than they seem. And I hear there are actual seats and not standing room? :(

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone :) I got my tickets for this show the morning they came out and I got 7th row! I'm really excited.

About the whole ramp issue, I haven't heard about it but if it's been at all the other shows so far then I'm sure there'll have something like it here. Is it connected to the C-Stage or something like that?

And I have another question. Does The Palace have good sound in general? I've heard that the sound quality is poor there. I've never been to The Palace for a concert, only DTE, and I'm a little nervous. I want to have a perfect time. And do any of you know how many it seats? The more people the better I'd say :D

So excited!

And I have another question. Does The Palace have good sound in general?

I just saw Radiohead there last week, it was bloody fantastic. Way better than I expected.

I've never been to The Palace for a concert, only DTE, and I'm a little nervous. I want to have a perfect time. And do any of you know how many it seats? The more people the better I'd say :D

So excited!

I'm really excited too!!! The Palace seats about 20,000.

EDIT: But I expect it will be about 15,000 since they don't use the whole stadium.

a list of rules[/url] from the Palace website.

It says camera policy depends on the artist? Wonder what that means in this case.

EDIT: here it says camera policy "to be determined" :inquisitive:

The Oracle has mentioned a few times on their website that Coldplay DOES allow cameras. You're not allowed to bring in professional grade cameras, only little digital ones or disposable ones. That applies at DTE as well.

I'm glad to hear that it sounds good there but I'm a little disappointed that it only seats 20,000. I think the more people the better.

I just saw Radiohead there last week, it was bloody fantastic. Way better than I expected.

I'm a little torn on that. I prefer sound at DTE, because the sound just goes out and doesn't get bounced off anything. I was in the upper level (far back) for Bruce Springsteen, and also for Bob Seger. Springsteen concert was annoyingly echo-y and the music seemed garbled together, whereas Seger was okay.

However, for Radiohead I was on the rail so the experience wasn't quite the same. Although there were a few songs where it seemed like the sound was coming back to us from behind. I Might Be Wrong though. (ah ha ha ha ha ha you see what I did there) I should ask my coworker what he thought, he was in Section 101. What area were you in for the Radiohead concert?

edit: I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, I just want to be honest.

I should ask my coworker what he thought, he was in Section 101. What area were you in for the Radiohead concert?

I was in a suite near 104. I'm not really much of an "audiophile" so just cuz I thought it was good doesn't mean much ;)

edit: I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, I just want to be honest.

oh you're fine. I know everyone has a different experience!

I'm glad to hear that it sounds good there but I'm a little disappointed that it only seats 20,000. I think the more people the better.

I thought the same thing with Radiohead but then it wasn't even full. I don't think people here really appreciate good music :dozey:

I thought the same thing with Radiohead but then it wasn't even full. I don't think people here really appreciate good music :dozey:

Yes yes yes I agree completely. I feel like there'll be a lot of people there for Coldplay though. There's not many open seats left on the palace site. But that's not completely dependable so i dunno.

Yes yes yes I agree completely. I feel like there'll be a lot of people there for Coldplay though. There's not many open seats left on the palace site. But that's not completely dependable so i dunno.

You're probably right. Should be a packed house :dance:

I don't want to litter this thread with too much Radiohead, but after the concert I was wondering how far back the GA was filled since I couldn't really see. So I have to ask you: how much of the GA area was occupied? Did you happen to get a picture?

this story from the Detroit Free Press[/url]. They published people's pictures of the show from Twitter (including one of mine!) and there's one or two of the GA section that might help ya.

LOLOLOL I'm in the first picture on the far right (arms on the rail).

• 2 weeks later...
Natascha can frown at me while I'm grooving to Paradise.

I can frown at Natascha while she's grooving to ETIAW.

We will bring balance to the force at this concert.

And you can both try to act like you don't know me as I groove to EVERYTHING.

Bringing my friend who has never seen Coldplay before! We have seats in Section 114 and I am praying that the C stage will be close by.

Natascha can frown at me while I'm grooving to Paradise.

I can frown at Natascha while she's grooving to ETIAW.

We will bring balance to the force at this concert.

:heart:

And you can both try to act like you don't know me as I groove to EVERYTHING.

:lol:

Bringing my friend who has never seen Coldplay before! We have seats in Section 114 and I am praying that the C stage will be close by.

We have seats in section 112 : )

18 days!!!