✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

DVD after MX Tour?

nb97

Well there's Unstaged Madrid and a bunch of summer festivals. Frankly I don't really need any more concerts from this era.

Unless they drastically revamp the stage and the setlist.

I'm far more interested in a Viva era DVD. We only have the MTV World Stage Japan concert, and the proper Viva Tour's setlitst had twice as many songs.

I haven't seen a full pro shot Viva concert.

And we do have the Twisted Logic concert, so that's covered, even though it's not official.

BTW, welcome. :nice:

Well there's Unstaged Madrid and a bunch of summer festivals. Frankly I don't really need any more concerts from this era.

I'm far more interested in a Viva era DVD. We only have the MTV World Stage Japan concert, and the proper Viva Tour's setlitst had twice as many songs.

And we do have the Twisted Logic concert, so that's covered, even though it's not official.

This :nod:

:shocked2: wuh? I didn't know about this! What's it called?

I think Nikola means the How we saw the world concert...right ? :thinking: If not then I don't know either

I think Nikola means the How we saw the world concert...right ? :thinking: If not then I don't know either

Yes, the Nikola means this. :nod:

There used to be a link in the MM section. 6GB, perfect quality. But it's dead now. :disappointed:

And it is reported that they are going to use a redesigned stage when they continue the tour in April. :wacky:

But please add moar dates! :bigcry:

Yes, the Nikola means this. :nod:

There used to be a link in the MM section. 6GB, perfect quality. But it's dead now. :disappointed:

We watched it in the video of the week club, so there's a link to it :awesome: (Thanks Row btw)

Guest howyousawtheworld

Yeah it's ridiculous but true. The only full Viva show I've ever seen was when I saw them live myself in Glasgow 2008. If they don't come to Scotland again on this MX tour I'll be left with not having seen them on this tour which is a big disappointment. That said because of the songs on offer and rawness of the Viva era, I'm very glad I experienced that show. To have a band play pretty much the whole album during a show is rare but we got it on that occasion. I can only hope the band perform a couple more new songs from the album for this tour.

Agreed! And the World Stage dvd is massively edited, so many songs are missing too. The story back then was they shot the Barcelona gig but the sound was extremely poor, so they cancelled it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest howyousawtheworld

I'm hedging a bet that it will be from Paris's Stade de France. I think Coldplay had such an amazing time the last time they held a stadium gig in Paris at the Parc de Princes that they'll want to record it this time round, only this time it's in that stunning stadium.

^ They always say good things about Latin Americans, Spanish and Italian crowds, I'd go with one of those places, they tried to make one on Barcelona last tour...

I think they should record it in Spain or Latin America and stick Spanish Rain in the encore... :lol:

They already did the Amex Unstaged in Madrid, and they're playing quite a small stadium in Italy (smaller than the one they played in 2009, after other two gigs, go figure...), we might have had a chance were they playing San Siro in Milan or the Olympic Stadium in Rome, but not with the one in Turin.

All the wristbands have #COLDPLAYFILM on them so far, as well they have shirts with Live 2012 on it. They are releasing a DVD from this tour at some point.

Also for Viva, they have Vancouver 1+2, Barcelona and Wembley all filmed. The Vancouver film is for the "archives" is what I was told by Andy. I have to assume the Wembley is the same. However, U2 have filmed concerts for archives and released them before (Slane Castle and Live in Milan)

U2 filmed in Milan because they wanted to release it (Bono said it during the gig), but they had problems with a blackout during the first night and therefore only half of it (mainly recorded during the second night) was published with U218, which was released only a few months after the end of the tour...such a bummer, but better than nothing.

I still don't understand why Coldplay didn't release Wembley or anything else from the Viva tour :shrug: