✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-1FnI06Tfg]Coldplay - Princess of China (Live) - YouTube[/ame]

Is this the video there talking about, was used last night during edmontons live performance

video is on the projection a few seconds in

I really love PoC, but I think it should have been part of an acoustic set for the tour, I mean, Adrian Lees version of PoC is amazing..

Guest howyousawtheworld

That is one song that probably won't be played ever again beyond this tour. And if the audience don't take to it then they'll probably drop it in this tour!

Coldplay, Rihanna's Official 'Princess Of China' Video Due In May

Rihanna-starring clip currently making the rounds is actually taken from Coldplay's live show, spokesperson confirms.

281x211.jpg?quality=0.85

By now, you've probably seen the video for Coldplay's "Princess of China." It stars Rihanna as a Shiva-esque deity who waves her (many) arms back and forth in time with the tune but strangely does not actually feature Coldplay themselves.

The clip began making the rounds earlier this week and was not only touted as the "official video" but earned raves from fans of both acts. There's only one problem: It is most definitely not the actual "Princess of China" vid.

In fact, it's part of , a video they play during their performance of the song (as several Coldplay aficionados have been pointing out on YouTube). Just to clear up any confusion, we reached out to a spokesperson for the band, who told us in no uncertain terms: "It isn't the official video. ... It is, in fact, a clip that the band are using during their performance of the song on tour."

So there you have it. Of course, this raises the question of just when the real "Princess of China" video will premiere. After all, going by photos RiRi previously tweeted, the clip was filmed back in March. So, once again, we went to Coldplay's rep, who told us that the "Princess" video is still a few weeks away from debuting.

"It won't be finished until the third week of May," the spokesperson said. "It's going to be a minute."

link

May 1, 2012 - submitted by Joshua, United Kingdom

Q. Oracle,

It has recently been rumoured that the official Princess of China music video will be released during the London gig on 2nd June. Can you confirm this?

The Oracle replies:

I can't confirm when the video will be premiered but I can tell you that it wouldn't be at a show mid-tour. They will have already played London the night before not to mention Coventry a few days earlier.

It wouldn't make sense to show it at their 3rd UK show so no, that won't be the case.

May 1, 2012 - submitted by Joshua, United Kingdom[/color][/b]

Q. Oracle,

It has recently been rumoured that the official Princess of China music video will be released during the London gig on 2nd June. Can you confirm this?

The Oracle replies:

I can't confirm when the video will be premiered but I can tell you that it wouldn't be at a show mid-tour. They will have already played London the night before not to mention Coventry a few days earlier.

It wouldn't make sense to show it at their 3rd UK show so no, that won't be the case.

I just can't wait to see it...

May 8, 2012 - submitted by Grace, United States of America

Q. So far in the preview of the video Princess of China, only Rhianna is in it... where is Chris and the rest of the band? :(

The Oracle replies:

What you've seen is not a preview of the PoC video; it's a stand alone video for the live shows only - hence it only featuring Rihanna as the band are there in the flesh.

I'm not at liberty to give any details away but I will tell you that the entire band aren't in the PoC video - only Chris.