✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Article: Which is the greatest Coldplay album?

Tash

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viva La Vida for sure. It has this all-encompassing atmosphere that's so full of colour, but manages to remain somehow very organic. Every song is like a painting, creating a picture in your head; Cemeteries of London takes you to a dark and foggy evening, where anything could be creeping in the shadows, while Strawberry Swing invokes images of sitting in lush, green grass staring at a clear sky. While every song is so unique, it still manages to be very cohesive. It's lamenting and joyful at the same time, and it will always remain my favorite Coldplay album

Parachutes!!!! omg is a so fucking masterpiece, was the first album I heard of them back there in 2000/2001 and since then they're my favorite band <3 .. It's perfect from the begining to the end, every little part of that album is perfect... and they were just twenty somethings! ...

I definitely choose Parachutes

but I have something special with X&Y, it came in a special and decisive moment of my life and have a special personal meaning for me, I even have the cover tattooed on my back :shy:

I'm surprised Viva has so many votes

me too :uhoh2:

Hey, stop destroying Mylo! is a great album, we're on a process of acceptance with it but I'm sure it'll turn into a classic with the years :)

Hey, stop destroying Mylo! is a great album, we're on a process of acceptance with it but I'm sure it'll turn into a classic with the years :)

:nod:

I voted for Rush myself, but I don't think that MX is really as awful as everyone is saying. Yeah, it's a different direction and I might even love their older work more, but MX really has some beautiful work on it.

Viva easily got my vote..it is simply unbelievable beauty..It has Violet Hill, which alone can be regarded as a whole album ( yes, I mean it, this song has everything )..VLV...Strawberry Swing..Yes...Lost ( which a masterpiece)..The whole atmosphere of this album is undescribable..It is magical..

Every song is like a painting, creating a picture in your head; Cemeteries of London takes you to a dark and foggy evening, where anything could be creeping in the shadows, while Strawberry Swing invokes images of sitting in lush, green grass staring at a clear sky.

This :nod:. I'm a big fan of music that paints such vivid images in my head, and you explained how this album does that so perfectly.

I think the majority of people have it like this. (It's ok if yours is different tho)

AROBTTH and VLVODAAHF on top.

X&Y, MX, and Parachutes in any order underneath.

Yep. The three underneath will change spots depending on what era I'm in a particular mood for that day. It's hard to put them in any specific order and keep them there.

thought 4 a second "the scientist" belongs to xy era and a incorrect vote, ARofBtoTH...

but just can not get on with "the whisper" & somehow "daylight"

oh my god x & y is really good too, VLV is gr8 too, and para parachutes... mx is not bad but its really young, cant call it best.

edit: oh wtshame