= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Discogs maybe, I rarely see them even overthere. I really want the Viva La Vida promo CD, the white one. just so beautiful!

Actually, it's not a promo CD. It's a card sleeve CD that was included with the US Capitol vinyl LP album release! But yes, it looks similar to the Parlophone promo LP.

Actually, it's not a promo CD. It's a card sleeve CD that was included with the US Capitol vinyl LP album release! But yes, it looks similar to the Parlophone promo LP.

Oh, I knew that it was included with the US release of the Viva La Vida LP album, and thought that it was also a promo CD, but still, I REALLY WANT IT.

And the vinyl of it, is really, really rare. Rarer then the Mince Spies CD.

As you can read here there are only 300 copies of it, they sould have pressed more of it.

They have to do something special for fans, like the Life In Technicolor II vinyl, only when you order, you can get it. And not like the RSD2013 release, like it's very rare but at the other time you can find it in EVERY record store.

Oh, I knew that it was included with the US release of the Viva La Vida LP album, and thought that it was also a promo CD, but still, I REALLY WANT IT.

And the vinyl of it, is really, really rare. Rarer then the Mince Spies CD.

As you can read here there are only 300 copies of it, they sould have pressed more of it.

They have to do something special for fans, like the Life In Technicolor II vinyl, only when you order, you can get it. And not like the RSD2013 release, like it's very rare but at the other time you can find it in EVERY record store.

I have the Viva promo LP, and it is very nice. Yes not many were pressed, and even then they weren't ready in time to send out, so they were never used. The copies that exist were mostly donated to Oxfam and auctioned through them.

Where the hell do you find such things and for what kind of price!? I mean, al those things:

Blue Room 12'', Don't Panic 12'', Yellow 12'' Promo, Viva La Vida 12'' Promo, both What If CD's and Mince Spies, those are truly the rarest Coldplay items I know besides Ode To Deodorant and Safety!

Well I'm certainly not rich - I just watch carefully, mostly on ebay. I have got good deals on most of those items, just by being careful and waiting patiently. It's the only way to do it. Everything in my collection is in excellent condition too! Sometimes I buy another item in better condition, and sell the old one.

Maybe I'll get Safety one day. Ode to Deodorant I don't really count, and therefore am not bothered about - it's just a demo CD-R anyway, not 'official' - it's also impossible to tell if it was one of the ones Phil burned vs one of the fakes!

oh, how much time I don't see this topic...nice job LARD I see you increased your collection a lot! WIpromo is one of my favourite piecese, how much did you give for that, if I can ask?

Abour the VIVA Promo, as I wrote some pages and some years ago :) it is 350 copies limited and surprisingly there was still one on ebay in the last month which NOBODY was buying and it was around 70 euros, and this made me laugh cause in these years I saw people paying 80 euros for a promo of lovers in japan or charlie brown when it was just out for example..

I miss collecting, it's 1 year I think I stopped...It may be because I don't like the direction coldplay took with the last albums...

Do you have the What If promo too? I found it in Belgium for an unbelievable price of 10 Euros. And no, they didn't have any more copies!

I reckon if one came up on eBay it might sell for £200 - £300, it's so rare!

If you really find it for that price, well not only you were 10^24 times luckier than the luckiest person in the world, but you also deserve the hate of everybody ahahhaha...

Keep on collecting, it's really nice!

Do you have the What If promo too? I found it in Belgium for an unbelievable price of 10 Euros. And no, they didn't have any more copies!

I reckon if one came up on eBay it might sell for £200 - £300, it's so rare!

The feeling when you find something rare and it is so fucking cheap, i would jump a hole in the air i think haha

How much should I think about paying for the Brothers & Sisters EP on 7" vinyl? There's a few copies on Discogs starting at $69 in NM condition, but if they've shown up cheaper I'd rather wait and see.

I've seen it as low as $40, again NM, but it's usually slightly above that :)

• 2 weeks later...

Prospekt´s March Chinese edition. DVD box (CD inside) booklet with credits and lyrics in chinese, three exclusive postcards and a poster, now in my collection.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtrgijon/9934876425/

Reverse of all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtrgijon/9934976424/in/photostream/

The CD in the box and a simple of the booklet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtrgijon/9935154123/in/photostream/

Very rare ítem i think..

• Like 1

Prospekt´s March Chinese edition. DVD box (CD inside) booklet with credits and lyrics in chinese, three exclusive postcards and a poster, now in my collection.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtrgijon/9934876425/

Reverse of all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtrgijon/9934976424/in/photostream/

The CD in the box and a simple of the booklet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtrgijon/9935154123/in/photostream/

Very rare ítem i think..

Is that the actual Parachutes globe from the end of decade sale??