✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

Hmm, why is Glastonbury on this?...Surely, they mean the London shows in June (Were there not signs saying those shows were being filmed?...I'm sure there was).

I mean Glastonbury 2011 was amazing, but that wasn't necessarily apart of the MX Tour, with no Xylobands and all. That was more of a bridging festival.

I'm hoping the Live CD has some surprises on there (prolly wishful thinking though).

I wonder if all those Kite pictures of CP from way back earlier this year will be incorporated in this.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It cannot be just 3 venues. Maybe these three are the focal points? No way the London concert isn't featured.

Also I *think* they had different directors for different venues. I vaguely recall some guy with the last name Khan who was tweeting that he was going to film the show at the Emirates.

Was lurking his twitter for any CP mentions an caught this:

Paul Dugdale ‏@duggers100

@grungia not this yr- although did end up at efes at some point. im working on a thing with coldplay so went to emirates 3 times in a row..

So looks like those shows will be included.

Also, saw something about him being in Chicago and mentioning lyrics from Fix You. So possibly Chicago was filmed as well...

@grungia not this yr- although did end up at efes at some point. im working on a thing with coldplay so went to emirates 3 times in a row..

Also, saw something about him being in Chicago and mentioning lyrics from Fix You. So possibly Chicago was filmed as well...

There were too many Bieber mentions for me to go on ;)

But yes, he certainly was in Montreal and Cologne as well... and he has tweeted at Miller a couple of times!

It cannot be just 3 venues. Maybe these three are the focal points? No way the London concert isn't featured.

Also I *think* they had different directors for different venues. I vaguely recall some guy with the last name Khan who was tweeting that he was going to film the show at the Emirates.

We are sure about one thing, that they filmed at Montreal and Paris. I'm not sure that Coldplay announced that they filmed at Glastonbury or Emirates? Did they? I don't remember.

Coldplay announced officially each place where they filmed. So, I don't think that there will be others venues, in the DVD, that they did not announce.

We are sure about one thing, that they filmed at Montreal and Paris. I'm not sure that Coldplay announced that they filmed at Glastonbury or Emirates? Did they? I don't remember.

Coldplay announced officially each place where they filmed. So, I don't think that there will be others venues, in the DVD, that they did not announce.

I think there were signs posted at the Emirates saying that they were filming. Also, would they pass up the Simon Pegg appearance at the Emirates?

The Prodigy music video director shoots Coldplay live DVD 'Live 2012'

september24042012.jpg

On Friday november 16 EMI will release the live Coldplay DVD and CD "Live 2012". It's the band's first concert film in 9 years and the film documents the band during their recent "Mylo Xyloto" tour. 'So what?' you'll say. Well, it was shot in Paris, Montreal and in Glastonbury by music video director Paul Dugdale who also produced The Prodigy's "Worlds On Fire" concert film.

Paul Dugdale: "We wanted to make a film that was as intimate as it was epic, punctuating Coldplay's colour-drenched performance with candid portraits of the band. The set is curated from several concerts around the globe, using the 75,000-capacity Stade de France as the backbone. Myself and JA Digital wanted to approach this film in the same way Coldplay approach their stage show: it’s essentially a film about people, and we wanted to highlight how the band have blurred the barrier between stage and audience to create a tour that reaches out to everyone from the front row of the stadium to those right at the back. It's a 90 minute kaleidoscope of emotions. My main objective as a filmmaker was to make the viewers' eyes widen and their hearts beat faster."

I remember an answer from the Oracle saying the DVD was filmed in London, but not just there, so what gives? Glastonbury's videos are out and about and seen basically by everyone for more than a year, I'd find it a stupid decision to include that and not London tbh

I remember an answer from the Oracle saying the DVD was filmed in London, but not just there, so what gives? Glastonbury's videos are out and about and seen basically by everyone for more than a year, I'd find it a stupid decision to include that and not London tbh

I agree :nod:

I think it would be interesting to see some backstage thing about Glastonbury, because it was a milestone of their career, but I'm not particularly intesrested in footage from the concertitself, as I watched it already and you can find it easily online. I'd be more interested by some footage from the Emirates in London, definitely.

In any case, I can't wait for the DVD! The fact that they're gonna use a lot of footage from Paris, according to that article, makes me even more excited, as it's the gig I went to, and I'd be thrilled to watch some of it!!:awesome:

It would be awesome if they will not only release a DVD, but also a Bluray, I think this is a must.

I think DVD is such a ubiquitous term that it's used generically to mean any format of a "video disc". IMO, since I assume they recorded everything in HD, it'll be trivial to make a Blu-ray "master" after it is edited. My guess is a main DVD + Blu-ray + Digital Download offering, and possibly another (cheaper) one with just DVD.

-Joe