ColdplayFilm - MX Live DVD

the_escapist

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emirates Stadium 2012 ->

59909523498749327879314.jpg

This is what we found in the last concert they played in Barcelona, back in 2009 when they said they were recording the show for a dvd but there were not more news about it since then. So, I guess these London shows are going to be part of the dvd.

Hmmmm... the fact that they're calling it a 'film' rather than just a live DVD makes me wonder if it will be something similar to U2's Rattle and Hum. For those that don't know, that was like a combination of live tracks from the Joshua Tree tour and new songs. I don't know if Coldplay would do such a thing, but it would be interesting.

I think this should be here:

19.17: Eloïse Brown asks "Are they filming all of the shows or just the ones in London for the film? #coldplayblog" Not all of the shows. But the film definitely won't just be based around London.

(From the liveblog yesterday.)

I think this should be here:

(From the liveblog yesterday.)

This gives me hope that they will film in Dallas.

(Please, Coldplay, film in Dallas.)

is there any NEW official news on the dvd? like do they know when they will record it? someone should ask the oracle about this.

She won't answer it, until she can say something.

Rather than a live DVD, id rather have a dvd like oasis's 'Lord dont slow me down' which shows the band on a world tour and seeing what they get up to, we havent had a DVD like that. Then again, i absolutely cannot wait for this Live DVD! :D

Rather than a live DVD, id rather have a dvd like oasis's 'Lord dont slow me down' which shows the band on a world tour and seeing what they get up to, we havent had a DVD like that. Then again, i absolutely cannot wait for this Live DVD! :D

It could still come to that. I want some behind the scenes stuff (OK, LOTS of it!) as well as the performance.

maybe they'll have it lined up like they did for LRLRL, the most crazy and epic live recordings, but for the DVD - like a "world" tour. Who knows. I too want this with an unbelievably strong passion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would think they would want the visual experience to be a major part of the DVD so using film of the beginning of the staduim show would not work because they came onstage when it was still dusk...the Xylo Band effect would be lost....I would think the indoor shows would capture the lighting much better.

Just a thought

Coldplay Flim will be in one of the next 4 cities.

If they are serious about doing a DVD/Film release for this tour we will know for sure by the St. Paul gig.

My Logic: 1. They have waited until the third leg to get warmed up and into the swing of the shows. They've worked out the kinks, and mastered the show that they want to be immortalized.

2. They will want to do it in an arena to help minimize costs and to best capture the wristbands. In European/Australian Stadiums its not pitch black till midway through. Arena's can enhance the effect. I mean as cool as it is to see 60,000 Xylobands, 22,000 in a small dark area is way more effective.

3. They will want to record two nights in a row. Mess ups on either night can be interchanged. Simple as that, almost all bands do that. U2 did it in Chicago and Milan and they turned out great. Rose Bowl, not so much. Best example I have.

Now my theory for which city it will be....

Montreal will be the two shows filmed and released to DVD. They have 4 back-to-back dated left. Toronto, Montreal, Boston and St. Paul.

It will not be Toronto since How We See The World was filmed there. Old horse, they'll want a new city and a new crowd. I also doubt it will be St. Paul, simply because the stress of the last shows and camera's being there is huge. They did it in Vancouver and if not for the second night would have regretted it.

So, that leaves Boston vs. Montreal. Filming wise the TD Garden is bigger and more equipment can be fit in there (Crane, stationary camera's in the audience), however, The Bell Center is built with the stands at extreme elevations. You sit on top of each other in that place anywhere in the stands.

Also do we remember the tweets from April about the Canadian crowds? By the last Vancouver show they said that it was the best leg so far. The crowds in Canada go nuts. Montreal has a reputation amongst bands for being utterly insane.

I also dont buy into the theory that they are filming the entire tour a la Pearl Jam's Touring Band. They will have a world class camera set up to catch the entire experience.

Nice theory, except that the Oracle and other people did say, and also the signs at the entrance of several venues have shown that they're filming in several cities, in Europe and America. It probably isn't the whole tour, but I highly doubt we'll have an entire full-length gig with no interruption, as your theory suggests it would be.

I have no idea what to expect but from a business standpoint, it would make sense to capture this leg of the tour and get something out for Christmas. Also, I wonder how much longer they will use the wristbands. I'd be surprised if they use them throughout the entire MX tour cycle. From reports, they are just too expensive.