✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you think Guy will leave Coldplay?

DukeNewcomb

IMHO Guy doesn't like the MX-era, I've never saw him dressed in "graffiti-style", and his bass isn't in theme too.

But he love Coldplay.

Both of his Jazz Basses are. The only one not painted is his P-Bass and that's probably because he's had that one a long time and wants to keep using it after this tour. Jonny hasn't painted his sunburst Tele either FWIW (and I suspect for similar reasons)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows? As far as his varying interests and his working with other bands, I think that's a healthy thing (Chris does it all the time too). It's good that he has other outlets for his creativity which may not fit into Coldplay.

+1

My favorite band Genesis made a career out of solo ventures. Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks all had solo careers outside of the band. Genesis existed because it was something they could all do together with their combined talents. Coldplay, IMO, operates very much the same way. No matter what the boys may do outside of the band, together they are an amazing force and Coldplay exists to harness that force and deliver awesome music to the masses.

I would encourage them to do more things outside of the band, which would expand their creative endeavors and teach them even more things working with other artists. They can then bring that knowledge back to the table and further progress and fine tune the incredible sound of Coldplay.

I don´t think he´s planning leave the band is only that he has other interests but

IF HE LEAVES I´LL CUT MY VEINS !!!:veryangry2:

o_O

i think he won't leave it anyway... they are friends! no commerse, Colpdlay is a story, they are more than a band. That's what i think \/\/\/\

Oh god I thanked this by accident when I meant to point out the most amusing spelling of "Colpdlay". GOOD ONE COBALT.

I wouldn't ever underestimate the intensity of collaborating to create an album. MX is filled with so many various layers and non-traditional rock sounds that I'm sure every member of the band contributed greatly to creating that dynamic soundscape. One unique task for guy, was mixing electric bass with the synth bass on Paradise. Also, Major Minus blends timpani drums at the same pitches as the bass line, which may be hard to notice simply because of how well both fade into the backdrop.

Guy may not always be in the spotlight, but it takes a lot of talent and expertise to be a solid bass player without stepping on anyone's toes. I doubt he'll be getting bored with his job anytime soon:)

Also, Major Minus blends timpani drums at the same pitches as the bass line, which may be hard to notice simply because of how well both fade into the backdrop.

God I thought I was the only one who realized this! Thanks our good stereos LOL:laugh3:

Isn't that brilliant?