✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you think Guy will leave Coldplay?

DukeNewcomb

I think that if any of them were to leave the band, they would call it a day as Coldplay and wouldn't go on with someone new.

:nod:

If he leaves, who am I supposed to stare at?!?!?!

Chris? :wink3:

But I get what you mean. Guy is sex on legs. :dead:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Guy is the most talented one in the band. I know he does a lot of the secondary sounds on the album. Paradise is pretty much Guy's brain child.

Guy also does most of the arrangements of the band. They all get production credits, but I believe him and Eno are the ones who helped Coldplay pull the 360 since X&Y.

Paradise is pretty much Guy's brain child.[/color][/i]

Guy also does most of the arrangements of the band. They all get production credits, but I believe him and Eno are the ones who helped Coldplay pull the 360 since X&Y.

There you have it, haters. Paradise is all Guy's fault.

There you have it, haters. Paradise is all Guy's fault.

Paradise has really grown on me, I hated it, but now I think it's one of their best songs. From a musicians stand point its up to the times and ahead. I mean to all you haters. Paradise is the electronic version of Viva La Vida.

Seriously though, Im willing to bet this one Guy and Eno spent hours on all the layers while Chris was fiddling on a piano. The synths are all rock solid thorough out, Guy is up there with Reznor for calibrating synths.

• 3 weeks later...

This is such a depressing topic :( I think sometimes Guy can seem a bit like the 'odd one out' of the band because he's a bit more 'cool rockstar' and brooding and mysterious etc, but I think when they all go out onto the C stage or at the very end when they all come together to take their bows, I think that's when we see them most as just 4 best friends and Guy still seems very much a part of that.

As a side note, please can we not even contemplate Coldplay splitting up?! It would be bad enough Guy leaving, but to even think of them not being there in my life half makes me cry!!! Even the thought of it is terrifying - what would I do with my life?!

And how can you tell? Empty talk, nothing more.

Why are you so mean to me?

Anyway...

In 2003, I was obsessed with them and got to meet them. Back when all they had was a small bus. I was only 14 years old, and was ecstatic. Chris was super nice and asked me a bunch of questions. Jonny shook my hand and asked me about school, talked to me about geography and stuff. Will, who was and is my favorite member of the band, showed me his drum set. All three signed my Coldplay swag. My autographed Rush vinyl is still a prized possession of mine.

Guy texted on his phone, mumbled to the ecstatic fans in the room, and left.

He's just kind of removed from everyone else.