✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you think Guy will leave Coldplay?

DukeNewcomb

This is something that's been on my mind for the whole MX-era. I think Guy's quite noticeably at the back whilst Chris, Jonny and Will are at the forefront of "Coldplay". I can't say I can remember an interview which included him in this era (at least not a significant amount of interviews compared to those including the others), and whilst this album's brought Jonny to a new level, it hasn't really done anything for Guy.

I get the feeling he's being slightly left behind by the others, and that perhaps there's not the same on stage love-for-each-other as a band as there was in the VLV era. And besides, he's been away from them producing other people's albums, recording with Apparatjik and doing his various photography and car projects etc. Obviously I'd be devastated if that WAS the case, but the above kind of concerns me... Your thoughts?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there's a problem with Guy at this moment. And even if he has other projects we may remember Coldplay is his main font of money. Aside from that, he is a very confidential and reserved person but I guess he really likes his friends (it's what I see). However, if I could point someone I think could leave I guess Guy would be the first.

WE DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE, HOWEVER, GUY. WE ALL LOVE YOU AND YOUR F**KING BASS!

I don't think he'll leave but I think he'll definitely start writing and/or singing Coldplay songs. He has a lot of talent and he contributes a ton already but I think he has a lot of potential to sing and stuff, especially since he's coming out of his shell with Apparatjik. Just my thoughts though.

I don't see this at all to be frank. Guy's always done the least speaking of anyone in the band and has always been the one just a bit out of synch personality wise with the others.

Anyway, he seems a lot more smiley and just overall generally happier on this tour, and from all reports, he's interacting with the fans while on stage a lot more than he ever has before.

Sure, he often retreats to the back and faces Will, but that's actually fairly common among Bass players, he's just trying to synch with the drums better IMHO.

Guy's fine. (or at least as fine as any of us can determine-we have no idea about internal band stuff. :))

I don't see this at all to be frank. Guy's always done the least speaking of anyone in the band and has always been the one just a bit out of synch personality wise with the others.

Anyway, he seems a lot more smiley and just overall generally happier on this tour, and from all reports, he's interacting with the fans while on stage a lot more than he ever has before.

Sure, he often retreats to the back and faces Will, but that's actually fairly common among Bass players, he's just trying to synch with the drums better IMHO.

Guy's fine. (or at least as fine as any of us can determine-we have no idea about internal band stuff. :))

Guy's just quiet by nature. I think he loves the band, but it's not his style to be bouncing off the walls like Chris. Different strokes for different folks.

These :nod:

That's just Guy being Guy, he's not gonna leave the band :P

he seems fine at the moment plus the whole band is enjoying it more than ever.

BUT if any of them was going to leave i think guy would be first. lets just not think about that though makes me sad :(

IMHO Guy doesn't like the MX-era, I've never saw him dressed in "graffiti-style", and his bass isn't in theme too.

But he love Coldplay.

dsc0001la.jpg

110614091458454525.jpg

How can you say he is not dressed 'Graffity-Style"? His clothes are nicest!

tumblrls2k8oxa3f1qdhddv.jpg

I agree that there is not enough bass guitar on MX, for example ETIAW, where it's all keyboards. But I do think that live Guy rocks out equally as much as any of the others, especially on the Rush of Blood-era tracks. ;)

http://soundcloud.com/rafaelchampion/02-bass-etiaw/s-NmLD7

(Yes that IS bass.)

And in Majos Minus the bass is very hard. And so it is on Paradise and Princess of China. We have a cool bass in Hurts Like Heaven, Up in Flames(Chorus), Us Against the World(ending) and Don't Let it Break Your Heart.

So, just... no.

tumblrls2k8oxa3f1qdhddv.jpg

WHAT IS WITH THE HUGE SHOES

JESUS, I DON'T MEAN PURELY LENGTH-WISE EITHER

IT'S LIKE THE TONGUES OF THE SHOES TOOK A WASP NEST TO THE FACE

Cripes. At least Guy's are kinda inconspicuous and blend in with the rest of his clothes. All else I can see are huge shoes and baggy cargo pants in various bright colors. Oh and there's a band in there somewhere also.

The only shoes i dislike, here, are Jonny's, but I think he changed them recently, I've seen his new boots once and they look better :thinking:

And they also have huge shoes because they have huge feet because they're tall.

At the Toronto shows, Guy seemed very into it and having fun. Night one was more serious, but he was very smiley night 2! I don't know about the absence of bass for MX songs, at least live. I was lucky enough to be front row on Guy's side and the bass was pounding so hard that the confetti was bouncing off of the ground in front of the speakers!

When I heard him doing an interview for T in the Park, he sounded noticeably more confident. I think he's having his own kind of fun with this whether he's working with Coldplay or not.

I remember it clearly. :)

If he leaves, who am I supposed to stare at?!?!?!

^This. :dazzled:

I don't think Guy will leave Coldplay because he plays an important role in it. Well, every member is important and can't be separated. :lol:

Uh... I remember Guy said he loves PoC before. :rolleyes:

Who knows? As far as his varying interests and his working with other bands, I think that's a healthy thing (Chris does it all the time too). It's good that he has other outlets for his creativity which may not fit into Coldplay. He's always been more reserved as far as interviews and the limelight, so that's nothing new. I have noticed, though, that Chris hasn't been making the "Handsome Guy" quips all the time like he used to.