✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hurts Like Heaven full music video...

stuartjo

I don't understand how some of you guys just make excuses for them at this point in some long-winded backwards-logic post on here. It's a marketing gimmick.

If the music video includes a link to your website to buy something, their motives are very clear.

The music can't speak for itself anymore. This is their low point: Let's hope they don't dredge any lower. What a disgrace.

It may be an ad, but it's an ad for something they've contributed to create, not a random product of a random brand.

Yes, because Pepsi advertises for Coke coke all the time.

Open your eyes.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that was immensely cool. It captured my attention more than any of their other videos. But I know nothing of the actual comic books so...

EDIT: I read through the whole thread and I cannot believe how much some of you are over-reacting. "I have never lost so much respect for this band!!! Absolute fucking sellouts!!!"

Sellouts? How much money do you think they're gonna make from this? Let's say they sell a lot more than they really will, like 100,000 copies. Let's even assume that there's no cost involved in making them and they make 100% profit. That still wouldn't be as much as playing a stadium show here, which they've been doing virtually every single night for the past 2 years on this tour.

And while we're at it, let's talk about the actual definition of sellout:

Noun 1. sellout - an act of betrayal

Source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sell-outs

Yep. We've been completely betrayed. Coldplay has abandoned all their values to make millions more than they already have! Oh no !!!

I'm a huge fan of Coldplay, still know all of their songs by heart and all. And I would have never known about any of this comic book business had it not been for this video. Just because you follow every footprint that this band makes every moment of the day doesn't mean that all of Coldplay's millions of fans will do so. Even the big fans just listen to lots of their material, but do not check on news on Coldplay so frequently. It was a fair enough idea to let people know where they can see more of an idea they were really interested in!

Dislike the video all you want, but you have very poor arguments to back it up. Just say that you dislike it.

Some of you guys should stop living in the past. This is a different era of music, a video like The Scientist wouldn´t fit in here.

It is naturally that you don´t like everything. Some of you call the video childish, I call it childish that you think your opinion what they should do is a matter of fact. It is important that they try different styles.

Besides it is advertising, it looks visually great and fits in to the MX era. With all those colors ... you know what I mean. They want to tell a story and the video does, which is totally different from all those videos which I have seen before.

Some of you guys should stop living in the past. This is a different era of music, a video like The Scientist wouldn´t fit in here.

It is naturally that you don´t like everything. Some of you call the video childish, I call it childish that you think your opinion what they should do is a matter of fact. It is important that they try different styles.

Besides it is advertising, it looks visually great and fits in to the MX era. With all those colors ... you know what I mean. They want to tell a story and the video does, which is totally different from all those videos which I have seen before.

"Son don't ask

Neither how full or empty

Is the glass

Cling to the mast

Spend your whole life living in the past

Going nowhere fast"

Sorry, I couldn't help it. :P

Coldplay - Hurts Like Heaven

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8KV0mzqTXY[/ame]

Published on 8 Oct 2012 by ColdplayVEVO

Music video by Coldplay performing Hurts Like Heaven. P Line (P) 2012, The copyright in this audiovisual recording is owned by EMI Records Ltd

I agree. I like HLH. The video isn't bad, but seems like it's simply promoting the comic, rather than the song itself.

But, it could be our viewpoint. To anyone who has no idea about the comic book, I'm sure this looks original and all. But to us, it looks like a promotional ordeal (which it is).

Totally agree with you!

Coldplay unveil new single 'Hurts Like Heaven' music video

Coldplay have unveiled their new music video online.

The band will release 'Hurts Like Heaven' on November 19 as the fifth single to be lifted from their latest album Mylo Xyloto.

The accompanying music video tells the tale of two lovers on an alien planet who rebel against a dictatorship. The visual is presented as a comic book.

The clip is in support of Coldplay's upcoming comic series about a character named Mylo Xyloto, who is "a young Silencer on the front lines of a war against sound and colour in the world of Silencia".

Copies of issue #1 were made available at San Diego Comic-Con International back in July, but are scheduled to go on sale from February 2013.

Meanwhile, Coldplay recently announced plans to release a DVD of their 'Mylo Xyloto' world tour on November 19.

link

-----------------

Coldplay Tease 'Mylo Xyloto' Comic In Music Video For New Song 'Hurts Like Heaven'

The British band have released the colourful promo to their latest single.

coldplay-hurts-like-heaven-video-1349690315-article-0.png

Coldplay have unveiled the official music video to their new single 'Hurts Like Heaven'.

The 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall' band take fans inside their 'Mylo Xyloto' comic series for the promo which features images taken from the publication.

The story follows a war, led by the character Major Minus [the name of one of the band's songs on their latest album] who takes prisoners of the male and female lead.

A young character emerges from a window after the message "all hope is lost…or is it" is displayed and puts a multi-colured handprint on the glass.

It's revealed his name is Mylo, the lead character in the album's tale.

The video ends with a teaser for the comic series, which will be unveiled in full in 2013.

The band announced plans of their six-part comic series back in July admitting the character Mylo heavily influenced their last album.

coldplay-hurts-like-heaven-video-1349690356-custom-0.png

The 'Fix You' stars teamed up with Mark Osborne for the series – who's the man behind such films as Kung Fu Panda and the Spongebob Squarepants movie

"Gradually Mylo's story and universe came together and this ended up providing the backdrop for the album and tour," said the band in a statement.

Meanwhile, the track's 19th November release will coincide with the band releasing a new live concert DVD and album later this year.

link

Music videos are always marketing tools, they're made to sell music. So I don't blame them for taking it a step further and show everyone they've created a comic book series WHICH YOU MUST BUY NOW!!!!!!

Seriously though. It's great that they're trying out new stuff (both the comics and this video) and I think the idea behind it is far better than the Charlie Brown video, so I'm happy!

But it's still an add and like some people have said, it looks like they're trying to make you buy something, instead of just entertaining you for a few mintues and then you can go do something else. They could have been more subtle.

And I just don't like comics.

After watching it again, I actually kinda like it. Very colourful, like MX. I think it fits the song perfectly in my opinion.

It could do without the promo thing though but ignoring that, I think it's a pretty cool video. :D

Coldplay premiere video for new single Hurts Like Heaven

Good ol' Coldplay, eh?

Chris Martin and the boys have debuted their new music video for single Hurts Like Heaven.

The video comes in the shape of a comic book and tells the tale of two rebel lovers on an alien planet who don't care much for the planet's dictatorship

The video supports Coldplay's upcoming comic series about a character named Mylo Xyloto, the name of their most recent album, who is "a young Silencer on the front lines of a war against sound and colour in the world of Silencia".

Whatever that means...

Hurts Like Heaven is due for realease is the fifth single to be taken from their latest album Mylo Xyloto, and is due for release 9 November.

link

After watching it again, I actually kinda like it. Very colourful, like MX. I think it fits the song perfectly in my opinion.

It could do without the promo thing though but ignoring that, I think it's a pretty cool video. :D

:nod:

It's okay. Kinda cute.

At least this means they'll be playing a new Coldplay single on the radio again ;)

I think what would have made a cool video and to kinda celebrate the tour would be to have live clips from that song from all the different shows, showing all the fans freaking out and stuff.

Doesn't really have anything to do with the song but I love live performance videos :D

:nod:

I completely agree.

I feel old. :shame:

Feels bit childish compare to The scientists:rolleyes: and Fix You stuff

VERY childish

But I still love the song!!

Now, sincerely, isn't the whole MX album childish?

Probably I already said this but every time I listen to CB I think "Chris? Really? C'mon...you have a wife and kids...wtf are you singing?". I always had this opinion that MX is an album to caught teenagers' attention [and actually from the audience of their gigs I think they succeeded]...

I don't like Paradise vid and of course I think PoC and CB's vids really suck...in particular I never watched again the CB vid from the day they released it...boys and girls in a disco making out...THIS MAKE ME FEEL OLD. :laugh3:

I think that this comic could save this album for me...I feel relieved knowing that it tells a fantastic story and not something that actually is in their minds. I agree to whom said that they would have done this from the first vid.

Probably I also like the idea because I love comics but I can understand who doesn't like them.

Let's face it...they are slowly becoming a less deep band and yes, this makes also me sad and angry.

I call it childish that you think some of us are childish. :P

hlh80.jpg

Watch the Hurts Like Heaven video now!

8 October 2012 3:09 pm

See the animated video for the fifth and final single from Mylo Xyloto

news_line.png

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8KV0mzqTXY[/ame]

Good afternoon, here is the brand new video for Hurts Like Heaven. It was directed by Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda, MORE, and the upcoming The Little Prince) and charts a graffiti gang's colourful but doomed rebellion against Major Minus and his oppressive regime.

It is the prequel to the story of Mylo Xyloto which will be told via the six-part Mylo Xyloto comic series to be released monthly by Matt Groening's celebrated Bongo Comics from February 2013. The comic series is available to pre-order from today in the Coldplay Shop.

The illustrations for the video were done by Pascal Charrue and Arnaud Delord from the company Fortiche and Alejandro Fuentes. Steve Hamaker did the color and Alexander Juhasz did the original storyboards.

Anchorman

That's sad. :shame:

There's still hope for the future! ...maybe....:confused:

Oh well, if all else fails, it's not like you can't just listen to the songs and albums you like.

I like Mylo Xyloto, but I think if they don't make another deep album next, Keane will officially be my favourite band. Sorry Coldplay...I'll always love you though.

There's still hope for the future! ...maybe....:confused:

Oh well, if all else fails, it's not like you can't just listen to the songs and albums you like.

I like Mylo Xyloto, but I think if they don't make another deep album next, Keane will officially be my favourite band. Sorry Coldplay...I'll always love you though.

I like most of MX. :) And it's hard to un-love the band. They mean a lot for me. I have two bands as favorite band. :P I couldn't have Arcade Fire as second. :lol: