✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Fix You organ sound

gabry1090

This is Chris Martin's organ sound, the one used on X&Y and during his live shows, hope you like it, let me know :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlADsEpv0Qs]Fix You Coldplay - (as played live by Chris Martin) Organ Cover - YouTube[/ame]

it sounds the same beacuse it's the same, this has been taken from the record of X&Y, it's not an emulation or something like that, it's his sound :) you won't find it in any keyboard, i'm running the piano through the computer, when i press the button on the piano i'm just muting it, then I raise the volume ;)

^ somehow I knew it would sound awful! :lol: Probably a jumbled mess of organ sounds :laugh3:

Although I believe it could sound OK on slow songs like "Proof", "Gravity" and "Easy to Please" maybe :anxious:

But thank you so much for posting a video! :dance:

The sound has been professionally sampled from the x&y recordings, extracting the single notes from the chords. My video has been recorded with a camera, if I upload the mp3 file from the mixer out i bet it won't sound the same as you say :P this is the same sound used by chris martin, if you want an audio file you will hear the difference...so i'm using a computer, doesn't matter the piano, the keyboard, the model or whatever you want, it will sound the same, it's a matter of sample

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Yes it sounds good but I still think that Yamaha's DGX are good alternatives. I use Cool! Organ and for the later part Cool! Organ + Church Organ using the dual mode and to me it still sounds like it.

I'm so going to try this when I get home from orchestra rehearsals tomorrow.

Hulsey your'e right. :) although it's not the exact preset there.

btw You can also hear the organ sound on Lost! & In My Place (verse background sound).

I made a little experiment few mins ago with "NI vintage organs" VST and tried to get the Fixyou sound on it. I couldn't get the exact sound but I'm quite satisfied anyway. it's reeealy fun song to play and sing.

I uploaded it:

These are the settings if anyone interested:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v142/StrikeEagle/nifixyou_organ.jpg

Another really interesting and unique sound is Chris's piano (the one he use for paradise -live).

Nice I would like to try that later on FL studio thanks for sharing, wish you can reupload.

Also, for Paradise Chris uses a special electric piano sound, not different from the rest of his other common piano sounds. I think you mean the synthesizer at the beggining of paradise and I think that's what Jonny plays on the keyboards on live versions...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The sound has been professionally sampled from the x&y recordings, extracting the single notes from the chords. My video has been recorded with a camera, if I upload the mp3 file from the mixer out i bet it won't sound the same as you say :P this is the same sound used by chris martin, if you want an audio file you will hear the difference...so i'm using a computer, doesn't matter the piano, the keyboard, the model or whatever you want, it will sound the same, it's a matter of sample

Please, could you explain the process you did to get that? (That means software and other features).

I'd really like to learn how to.

:) CHEERS and BLESSINGS! :)

• 4 weeks later...
He bought a soundpack that I'm assuming was the one that Chris's piano is based on and he just transferred the sounds via MIDI/USB to the piano. That or he played it back on a computer.

Mmmm no. I sampled the sounds by myself from the instrumental version of the song. There are a lot of software to extract single notes from chords, search on google and you will find them. Then i made an instrument with ableton live sampler loading my own samples from the song. I use the piano as a midi keyboard to play ableton live on my computer.

• 1 month later...
This is Chris Martin's organ sound, the one used on X&Y and during his live shows, hope you like it, let me know :)

HI! Omg ive been looking for this sound a long time!

My question is. Is that sound you are using downloadable, so I can get that sound aswell? VST? AU plugin?

• 2 months later...

Yep, I'd say that's a 100% identical match to the organ in Fix You. Nice job man. It's amazing how technology has bled into the music world. Quite awesome that you were able to piece it together and extract notes like that. It must be a talent in itself? Is that difficult to do?

• 2 weeks later...
I used Melodyne (Direct Note Acess) function to separate the notes but I used Logic Pro9 EXS24 sampler to sample the notes.

I got my hands on some official mastertracks from Coldplay songs whitch means that the keyboardparts, drumparts, vocalparts and guitarparts has been separated (this is no coverband or anything its the original tracks).

Here is a video where I explain how I did it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMDzQC0vA7w

Here is my cover of the song with som crowd sounds edited in:

The crowd is actually ripped from the end of the sound relief concert where Chris Martin runs out in the crowd and you just hear the crowd singing the chorus :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmZwNCvgaQg

Nice cover man, seriously. Enjoyed it. I thought I took my Coldplaying seriously, but you're on a whole other level lol. Like the equipment and how well you put that together. Nice singing too. I can't sing for shit. It's a shame too, because I generally want to sing, I don't like playing just instrumentals. Find it boring.