✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin to replace Keith Urban on The Voice Australia?

Tash

Voices tipping Coldplay coup

913236-britain-european-mtv-awards-show.jpg

It's the job that has been linked to almost every musician here and abroad and now a new frontrunner has emerged in the hunt for a Keith Urban replacement on The Voice Australia.

Music industry sources say Chris Martin, who is set to touch down here early next month for a series of concerts with his British super band Coldplay, is close to signing a deal and his appearances will be worked around his Australian tour schedule.

Coldplay are due to open their Antipodean tour in Auckland on November 10. They will then move on to Melbourne (November 13) and Sydney (November 17 and 18), before winding up their Xylo Myloto tour in Brisbane on November 21.

The visit would also work in nicely with The Voice's filming schedule. Auditions for the second season are understood to be well under way and blind studio auditions are set to begin taping in the coming weeks.

A music source said that executives for The Voice's production company Shine are keen to nail down the high-profile coup and that Martin - who was reportedly offered a spot on The Voice UK's coaching panel last year but declined - would return to Australia next year for live tapings.

"The schedules check out and (Martin) ticks all (Shine's) boxes," a music insider said. "He has a huge international profile and the publicity would do no harm to Coldplay's album sales in Australia.

"Plus, he is married to Gwyneth Paltrow."

A rep for Nine said an announcement regarding Urban's replacement would be made "soon".

A Shine spokeswoman said: "Nothing to say on that."

In the wake of Urban's defection to American Idol, The Script's Danny O'Donoghue and Kylie Minogue are also believed to have been approached for the coveted coaching gig.

link

Perth Now, 13 September

Also believed to be on the wish list is Coldplay's Chris Martin, Kanye West and Foo Fighter Dave Grohl (although tour commitments and his public dislike of talent shows would make his signing the coup of the century).

link

I really hope he turns it down. Mind you, if he doesn't, I'll still be going to the taping, absolutely :D And it said he'll be coming back next year for tapings too? MMMMM. More Martin for me :mellow:

Srsly though, I hope he doesn't do it. Somehow I don't think Will and Guy would be in favour of him getting involved with such commercial stuff.

This actually made me laugh. Where do they get this stuff from?

It's nonsense. Not happening...

X

Voices tipping Coldplay coup

913236-britain-european-mtv-awards-show.jpg

G

It's the job that has been linked to almost every musician here and abroad and now a new frontrunner has emerged in the hunt for a Keith Urban replacement on The Voice Australia.

Music industry sources say Chris Martin, who is set to touch down here early next month for a series of concerts with his British super band Coldplay, is close to signing a deal and his appearances will be worked around his Australian tour schedule.

Coldplay are due to open their Antipodean tour in Auckland on November 10. They will then move on to Melbourne (November 13) and Sydney (November 17 and 18), before winding up their Xylo Myloto tour in Brisbane on November 21.

The visit would also work in nicely with The Voice's filming schedule. Auditions for the second season are understood to be well under way and blind studio auditions are set to begin taping in the coming weeks.

A music source said that executives for The Voice's production company Shine are keen to nail down the high-profile coup and that Martin - who was reportedly offered a spot on The Voice UK's coaching panel last year but declined - would return to Australia next year for live tapings.

"The schedules check out and (Martin) ticks all (Shine's) boxes," a music insider said. "He has a huge international profile and the publicity would do no harm to Coldplay's album sales in Australia.

"Plus, he is married to Gwyneth Paltrow."

A rep for Nine said an announcement regarding Urban's replacement would be made "soon".

A Shine spokeswoman said: "Nothing to say on that."

In the wake of Urban's defection to American Idol, The Script's Danny O'Donoghue and Kylie Minogue are also believed to have been approached for the coveted coaching gig.

link

Haha imagine Chris sitting in a chair and saying that you absolutely suck! :laugh3:

HAHA now that would be funny! :laugh3::lol:

X

Whew, good to hear that :sweatdrop:

Thanks Debs

X

This is the Herald Sun (or my preferred nickname, Herald Scum) in general.

Besides, it's The Voice! I couldn't imagine an appearance, the show is... tacky, obnoxious... you can tell I'm obviously not a fan

I mean come on, Kanye West? Dave Grohl? They could at least make it a little more believable

What it means ?? Can any one explain me ???

Its kind of interview that chris participate ?

There is a T.V. show called "The Voice", 4 judges that have their backs turned to the stage and then the singer comes on and performs, if the judge likes their "Voice" they can hit a button and turn around, if more than 1 judge turns around the singer get's to choose who they want as their judge, the article was throwing names out there saying Chris Martin was going to be a judge, and Debs shot that down as being false.