✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will Champion to appear in Game of Thrones season 3

Tash

Coldplay drummer joins 'Game of Thrones' season 3

will-champion.jpg

You know your show is a big deal when you need to cast a drummer and Will Champion shows up.

The Coldplay musician will appear in the eagerly anticipated third season of the fantasy drama.

Here’s all we’re permitted to reveal about his cameo: Champion will play … a drummer!

This is actually the second famous musician to appear on Thrones in the upcoming season. Snow Patrol lead singer Gary Lightbody was cast last summer in a cameo role that hasn’t yet been officially described (Next: Bono as Ramsay Snow!).

Let’s hope Champion and Lightbody fare better than that last notable musician character in the show — King Joffrey ordered the singer Marillion’s tongue ripped out in the first season finale.

Thrones returns to HBO on March 31, 2013.

link

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a key - and tramatic - scene in book 3 where a song called "the rain of Castemere" is played. If he's going to play a drummer, my bet is it will be during this scene. So Will will be just in the background. Gosh, I'm gonna cry my eyes out and smiling seeing Will at the same time xD

Gary Lightbody -who is a massiv fan of the show - plays a soldier from the North, but he's just an extra. He tweeted a pic of himself in costumes but he'll have no dialogue, just there in the background.

I'm happy that Will gets some attention :)

This :nod:

Srsly, when I first read the title of the thread, I thought it was as believable as Will actually becoming "a flamboyant homosexual drummer who wears outrageous clothes and say outrageous things" :lol: