✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Up In Flames new single taken from Mylo Xyloto - Impacting Date: November, 16th

coldpatrix

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's the flame symbol? (I didn't see it on the promo the guy was holding either.)

If you look closely, the symbol is inside the U, in Up in Flames. Hell, even in the projection it's hard to see :lol:

Didn't get it, is it any different from the album version?

The opening drumming before Chris starts singing has been cut to 4 beats from 8 in the album. During the final chorus, the lyric "up in flames" repeats only twice before "we have slowly gone", where the album version "up in flames" is repeated three times before. The piano outro in the album version is repeated twice, on airplay, it only occurs once then fades out. The song overall has been cut by 26 seconds.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Why do they have to make "Single Versions" so much shorter? I understand on a song that's over 4 minutes but Up in Flames is a short song to begin with.

The second chorus sounds so dumb now :l

I see what you mean. I thought the Hurts Like Heaven radio edit was really horrible.

From Up In Flames, yes I think. The album version is too long. This version is perfect for such a bad Coldplay song, Yes I think the song is bad but I like the radio version.

For other songs, album edits are better.

me too, i think the single version is better :)

Information Telecommunication time!

http://www.discogs.com/release/4074098

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Up_in_Flames_%28song%29

Also, The single has officially impacted the German airwaves!

The promo is now being played in Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg and Germany.

Another note, the single is now indeed the sixth from Mylo Xyloto, and not the first from Live 2012, although there are some reports that the Live 2012 version is being heard on the radio as well, meaning some of the promos may have the Live 2012 version as a second track.

I don't like the single version at all. The only change I would've been okay with is shortening the drums at the beginning. But tinkering with the choruses and shortening the fade out (the fade out being the BEST part of the song IMO) is bad IMO. The way it ends is so abrupt...I mean the ends of songs always get cut off anyways on the radio but I would've preferred the fadeout to still be there.

MOREOVER - WHY NOT UATW? :(

Bump!

Up in Flames has shot up in popularity, and is equal to Princess of China on the Netherlands iTunes with a 7/12 bar popularity. It has also so far charted at 92 on the Belgium (Ultratip Flanders), and at 24 on the Dutch Top 40. "Up in Flames" is so far a successful promotional single in western Europe.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdMokcL349U]Coldplay - Up In Flames [/ame]

EDIT: This may or not be the actual music video. Judging by the uploader's other videos, this pair (Joseph Paul and Henry Cramer-Todd) seem to be just very good film-makers. But then again, these guys may have been hired by EMI / Parlophone! Just don't blame it on me if it turns out to be a doozey!

The new single, Up In Flames, from Coldplay's chart-topping album Mylo Xyloto. Click here to buy Mylo Xyloto http://links.emi.com/coldplayMX

Video directed, shot end edited by Joseph Paul and Henry Cramer-Todd.

Music video by Coldplay performing Up In Flames. (P) 2011 The copyright in this audio recording is owned by EMI Records Ltd and Parlophone Records Ltd. The copyright in this visual music video is owned by Joseph Paul and Henry Cramer-Todd.

Looks like it's official, interesting!

I guess it will be taken down soon or Coldplay will post something about it today.

Seriously? What the hell does the video MEAN???A pink elephant similar to the elephant from the paradise video burning....a boy in a GAP sweat shirt singing ...and kids playing ....in slow motion...What does it MEAN?

Expected better from coldplay ...Dissapointed! :(

This may or not be the actual music video. Judging by the uploader's other videos, this pair (Joseph Paul and Henry Cramer-Todd) seem to be just very good film-makers. But then again, these guys may have been hired by EMI / Parlophone! Just don't blame it on me if it turns out to be a doozey!

You can blame me, I tweeted about it :p