✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I MET CHRIS MARTIN IN LONDON!

iSwin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY GOSH!

Ian, this is a fantastic story! Thank you a lot for sharing it with us! Chris is a gentleman, such a humble guy! Stories like these make us love them even more.

I cannot even imagine how you felt after this. It may have been the most surreal feeling ever! Congrats on your achievement!!!

This is the reason I don't get why some people hate Chris as a person. I mean, as a band, I can understand if you don't like their music. But some people get the wrong impression. He's the nicest guy in the world. Why wouldn't you want an idol like that?

I was thinking something along the same lines. He seems the epitome of humbleness and appreciativeness of his fans but if I would have to form an image of him by articles that appear in the media I would probably think he is a self-absorbed big headed man, which couldn't be further from the truth. Sadly not many people realize that.

Thank you for sharing your lovely story Ian!

From what I've read, people who hate Chris Martin seem to think he takes himself way too seriously (huh??), that he's full of himself. I read a post once that commented on the 60 Minutes interview in 2009 saying that he was faking being charming! They also seem to dislike Gwyneth at the same time, and think he attaches himself to her for the fame. All this is crazy, of course.

I can't get over how excited he was, really. It's an amazing thing. The guys are so humble and modest that I've only ever seen him talk the band up once on the South Bank show where he was forced into saying "Yellow was successful, cause its fucking awesome". It's a side of his character I've never seen before.

Which means guys.. whatever they are working on, must be fucking good!

Wow, what an incredible story - you must feel so mindblowingly lucky! What I would do to have been in your shoes... This just makes me dream of meeting him one day even more! It also just goes to show that he is a genuinely lovely, humble, nice person, which I think is especially important when he gets so much flack from people and the media. I'm so glad I fell in love with a band where the members all seem such wonderful people!

On the other hand, this story also shows why Coldplayers are a great bunch of people... I know lots of fans of other bands who are really horrible to people who've been fortunate enough to meet their idols, because of jealousy etc... but here, everyone is so supportive and there doesn't even seem to be much "I wish I was you" just plain and simple: "What an incredible experience, we're so happy for you!" And I am absolutely ecstatic for you :D

Thanks for sharing your amazing story Ian :awesome: It's well written and detailed :nice:

It's great you have seen the graffiti wall for real and thanks for the photo!

Chris seems like such a nice person!

And if he hadn't talk about his black eye, I wouldn't have seen it!

About the LP6, I wait and see because it might change until the release of it (remember LP5 wasn't supposed to be as it is now at the beginning).

And I already think they are big now... What does he mean by getting bigger? :uhoh2:

The Flowery shirt strikes again... really, someone just give Chris a new one!

EDIT: Just read the whole thing, OMG THAT WAS AWESOME, SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! AND HE TALKED ABOUT A NEW ALBUM, AND YOU ARE SO HAPPY ON THE SECOND PIC, MAN!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like huging you right now :lol:

Ok guys. This is 'The Video' of my immediate reaction after I just met Chris.

Rather embarrassing on my behalf maybe, but I'm not bothered!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoyBk0DV3RI]YouTube: My Reaction[/ame]

• 2 months later...