✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[12-Dec-2012] Chris Martin @ 12.12.12 - The Concert For Sandy Relief, Madison Square Garden, New Yor

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Yes it does: as it has been said on this thread, it's refreshing to hear it on guitar.We know how it sounds on piano already, I'm glad he went for something different :)

No it doesn't. Could you actually make out the chords he was playing on the guitar? Its a really beautiful song on the piano. Its like playing stairway on a triangle.

No it doesn't. Could you actually make out the chords he was playing on the guitar? Its a really beautiful song on the piano. Its like playing stairway on a triangle.
I don't play any instrument so whether he had played a song regularly played on guitar or not, I couldn't have made out the chords he was playing anyway :laugh3:

It is very beautiful on piano, I totally agree.

I felt this version was quite energetic and refreshing, as I said, I think it's good that we got to hear a different version. If we can't get new songs, at least we get different versions, that's nice :)

Just my opinion, yours is that it sounded weird/wrong, doesn't mean it was (or wasn't). Music usually is a matter of how we feel it, and I felt it was great. :)

You are such a bummer. Gosh, do you not have anything better to do than criticize this one performance, and the clothes that Chris wears?

It was pretentious. He's meant to be down to earth too. It was a bloody charity gig; he could have worn what 'normal' people wear. You know like the people who had their whole livelihoods taken away? Yeah it sounds a bit picky and of course its not just him. But Im saying it because he's meant to be against showing his wealth; thats obviously not the case anymore. He clearly put more thought into what he was going to wear than what he was going to play. Go back and watch the performance. Listen to just the audio and you'll see.

I'm going to have to all around disagree with you. From a non-analytical point of view, I thought Viva sounded very fresh and sharp. He has done Viva on the piano before, so give him a chance to refresh it.

And I thought he looked DAPPER and in no way does a suit show off his wealth or hint to some sort of bragging statement. It was a charity event, not a barbeque. He wanted to be respectful, and he was.

It was pretentious. He's meant to be down to earth too. It was a bloody charity gig; he could have worn what 'normal' people wear. You know like the people who had their whole livelihoods taken away? Yeah it sounds a bit picky and of course its not just him. But Im saying it because he's meant to be against showing his wealth; thats obviously not the case anymore. He clearly put more thought into what he was going to wear than what he was going to play. Go back and watch the performance. Listen to just the audio and you'll see.

Well if we go that way we could denounce that it was a concert in Madison Square Garden with a great production and great lights for instance when really people have lost everything so it would have been more appropriate to have done that in the street, obviously.

In Philippines more people have died and lost everything and there's not even a big charity event I've heard of, so yeah really we could even say that this whole 12-12-12 concert isn't appropriate considering how many populations are in situations as worse as the ones in NY/NJ.

I'm going too far here, but you get my point.

Also, I doubt many people actually cared about what the performers were wearing and felt offended. :uhoh: You know, they were here to raise money, as long as money is raised, I don't think the people who've lost their homes really feel offended that someone wears a nice suit. At least Mr Nice Suit helped bringing money and supplies, that's what matters to them, I guess.

I'm going to have to all around disagree with you. From a non-analytical point of view, I thought Viva sounded very fresh and sharp. He has done Viva on the piano before, so give him a chance to refresh it.

And I thought he looked DAPPER and in no way does a suit show off his wealth or hint to some sort of bragging statement. It was a charity event, not a barbeque. He wanted to be respectful, and he was.

I never said that he wasn't 'dapper.' Of course he was!

Now on the other hand I think Adam Sandler was dressed like a slob, like he couldn't be bothered to even wear something that didn't look like he slept in it the night before. Is that more appropriate to wear to a charity function than a suit? A grubby tee shirt and jeans?

Now on the other hand I think Adam Sandler was dressed like a slob, like he couldn't be bothered to even wear something that didn't look like he slept in it the night before. Is that more appropriate to wear to a charity function than a suit? A grubby tee shirt and jeans?

Yeah but that is ADAM SANDLER after all isnt it? Does anyone actually have high expectations when they hear that name? He won an award for being the worst actor last year as well didnt he? :laugh3:

He's allowed to share his opinion, even negative, you know :lol:

I know he's allowed. I'm not trying to stop him, I'm just voicing my opinion about him. If he wants to bash Chris for wearing nice clothes to a nice event, I really don't see why bashing him for being overly critical is any different. I just don't get why he'd waste his time complaining that Chris' jokes were horrible and that his suit was somehow too nice which apparently means that Chris doesn't care at all about the music anymore? Like wtf are you doing on a Coldplay fansite if you have nothing good to say about the performance except, "Stripe was good"?

There's a fine line between criticism and just bashing. Saying that ETIAW is too poppy is criticism. Saying that Chris screwed every single part about that lovely performance is just annoying. Sorrrrrrrrrry Lukestar. Just my opinion.

I know he's allowed. I'm not trying to stop him, I'm just voicing my opinion about him. If he wants to bash Chris for wearing nice clothes to a nice event, I really don't see why bashing him for being overly critical is any different. I just don't get why he'd waste his time complaining that Chris' jokes were horrible and that his suit was somehow too nice which apparently means that Chris doesn't care at all about the music anymore? Like wtf are you doing on a Coldplay fansite if you have nothing good to say about the performance except, "Stripe was good"?

There's a fine line between criticism and just bashing. Saying that ETIAW is too poppy is criticism. Saying that Chris screwed every single part about that lovely performance is just annoying. Sorrrrrrrrrry Lukestar. Just my opinion.

WTF? or as Kanye would say 'DA FUQ?'

What are you chatting on about? Now you're putting words in my mouth. When did i mention ETIAW? As a matter of fact I love ETIAW and it pisses me off when you get moany people like you who go on about how they cant stand the 'wa wa wa waaataafall' bit when thats not even how its sung!

And why are you so angry? who's bloody riled you? calm the fuck down.

(and)

a big fucking EDIT:

How can you have an opinion on me when you dont know me?

You read a few comments and decided to have a rant about them because out of immaturity you couldn't stand someone who has an opinion contrary to yours?

Well if we go that way we could denounce that it was a concert in Madison Square Garden with a great production and great lights for instance when really people have lost everything so it would have been more appropriate to have done that in the street, obviously.

In Philippines more people have died and lost everything and there's not even a big charity event I've heard of, so yeah really we could even say that this whole 12-12-12 concert isn't appropriate considering how many populations are in situations as worse as the ones in NY/NJ.

I'm going too far here, but you get my point.

Also, I doubt many people actually cared about what the performers were wearing and felt offended. :uhoh: You know, they were here to raise money, as long as money is raised, I don't think the people who've lost their homes really feel offended that someone wears a nice suit. At least Mr Nice Suit helped bringing money and supplies, that's what matters to them, I guess.

:nod: It felt so wrong for me seeing telephone numbers for India, Brasil and other poor countries to donate. OK, it was a bad storm, people are out of their houses, but we have floods every year here in wich people lose everything and we are not asking for the world's money, the whole idea felt inappropriate.

BUT, it was a hell of a show with some bloody brilliant artists

WTF? or as Kanye would say 'DA FUQ?'

What are you chatting on about? Now you're putting words in my mouth. When did i mention ETIAW? As a matter of fact I love ETIAW and it pisses me off when you get moany people like you who go on about how they cant stand the 'wa wa wa waaataafall' bit when thats not even how its sung!

And why are you so angry? who's bloody riled you? calm the fuck down.

I wasn't talking about you saying ETIAW is bad, and I like it too. I also can't stand that whole Wa wa wa wa claim. Just because the lyrics on the website are written like that doesn't mean that's how its sung. Its WaAaAaAaterfall.

Anyway, I'm not mad. I don't really care. You were just annoying me and everybody was being so polite about your baseless claims, so I decided I wanted to call you out on being too critical. You're the one that needs to calm down, really. If you don't like the performance, then fine, but why bother posting over and over about these simple things that everyone else loved. You can't legitimately claim that Chris ruined the performance when everyone besides you liked it.

I wasn't talking about you saying ETIAW is bad, and I like it too. I also can't stand that whole Wa wa wa wa claim. Just because the lyrics on the website are written like that doesn't mean that's how its sung. Its WaAaAaAaterfall.

Anyway, I'm not mad. I don't really care. You were just annoying me and everybody was being so polite about your baseless claims, so I decided I wanted to call you out on being too critical. You're the one that needs to calm down, really. If you don't like the performance, then fine, but why bother posting over and over about these simple things that everyone else loved. You can't legitimately claim that Chris ruined the performance when everyone besides you liked it.

I didnt say that he ruined it it just stood out for me. If that annoyed you you must get easily annoyed. How about we both calm down? :confused:

Sound okay to you?