✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[12-Dec-2012] Chris Martin @ 12.12.12 - The Concert For Sandy Relief, Madison Square Garden, New Yor

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Chris was amazing. UATW gave me the chills. It was fantastic. :dazzled:

He was too nervous, if you want to be honest, Viva La Vida didnt work on the guitar and UATW just sounded too disjointed on the piano. I dont really know what he was thinking. The suit seemed a bit inappropriate and he came across a bit goofy whenever he spoke.

It was a decent effort though, and a good collaboration with michael Stipe.

He was too nervous, if you want to be honest, Viva La Vida didnt work on the guitar and UATW just sounded too disjointed on the piano. I dont really know what he was thinking. The suit seemed a bit inappropriate and he came across a bit goofy whenever he spoke.

I feel like he did get caught a few times in UATW, but otherwise I thought his performance was fantastic. I felt he was in prime performance shape, in my opinion. Maybe it is just because he didn't have to go for any of those high notes.

I feel like he did get caught a few times in UATW, but otherwise I thought his performance was fantastic. I felt he was in prime performance shape, in my opinion. Maybe it is just because he didn't have to go for any of those high notes.

Yeah, i agree i think he was in fine form i just dont know why he did Viva on the guitar.

Yeah, Viva La Vida wasn't a great choice, but UATW was ok. With Will it would have been perfect. The suit was appropriate, Chris was fucking sexy :nod: :dazzled:

I think Chris was great . I think I am one of the few people who liked Viva on the guitar ...really lovely ! He was a bit nervous , which is acceptable considering the Line-up he was a part of! But he has to start to give himself some credit , I thought he would quit all the pop references like one direction and Gangnam Style and talk serious for once considering it was a charity show. But, then again its Chris ... :p ! I loved his performance and was sooo proud ! Losing My Releigion with Michael Stipe was one of the high points of the show for me . UATW was sooo beautiful , was almost crying! It was all in all amazing , not to mention the suit which was SOO SEXY!

I don't think Viva quite worked on guitar either. I think if you'd have swapped them around (Viva on piano and UATW on guitar) then it would have been better.

We've heard Chris do parts of Viva on piano before (a snippet at Glastonbury 2011), and we all know that he's great on guitar in UATW :D.

So maybe swapping them around would have made it better, but it was still good nonetheless. It is Chris Martin afterall, so it's bound to be good :D!

I loved it. I had an exhausting and awful week (semester's finals) and since I watched this performance this afternoon (twice, actually :lol: ) all I want to do is: sleep, watch series, listen to this and nothing else.

I thought VLV sounded pretty great, although he kinda rushed the end (but he was so excited about his upcoming performance with Michael Stipe that I understand :laugh3: ) and it's weird to hear it without any other instrument or loud "oooh"s.

He seemed quite nervous (with such a line-up, and a performance with one of his favourite artists, I guess, that's very much understandable), but damn was he enthusiastic and enjoying himself during Losing My Religion! I mean, it's the case most times, but you could really felt that he was very happy to be there and to perform with Michael Stipe.

UATW is lovely on piano, especially the end, imo! However, same as in VLV, it felt weird without hearing Will's voice, or the crowd.:lol:

Great performance and ohmygod please let next era's clothing be suits, I don't care, Chris won't move on stage it's okay, just daaaammn :dazzled::dazzled::dazzled: