✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[12-Dec-2012] Chris Martin @ 12.12.12 - The Concert For Sandy Relief, Madison Square Garden, New Yor

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved it. I had an exhausting and awful week (semester's finals) and since I watched this performance this afternoon (twice, actually :lol: ) all I want to do is: sleep, watch series, listen to this and nothing else.

I thought VLV sounded pretty great, although he kinda rushed the end (but he was so excited about his upcoming performance with Michael Stipe that I understand :laugh3: ) and it's weird to hear it without any other instrument or loud "oooh"s.

He seemed quite nervous (with such a line-up, and a performance with one of his favourite artists, I guess, that's very much understandable), but damn was he enthusiastic and enjoying himself during Losing My Religion! I mean, it's the case most times, but you could really felt that he was very happy to be there and to perform with Michael Stipe.

UATW is lovely on piano, especially the end, imo! However, same as in VLV, it felt weird without hearing Will's voice, or the crowd.:lol:

Great performance and ohmygod please let next era's clothing be suits, I don't care, Chris won't move on stage it's okay, just daaaammn :dazzled::dazzled::dazzled:

THIS!!! I loved the way he arranged each song! Viva on guitar, UATW on piano... And Losing My Religion was beautiful too, their voices together are pretty great. Also, UATW was a perfect choice also considering its meaning: starting over, being alone against all difficulties...!!! He had to sing it!

I also loved his joke about One Direction :lol: And how he was FINALLY dressed up as he should! I know they'll never use suits for concerts 'cause they're uncomfortable, and if you just consider how much Chris sweats... :P Suits aren't a suitable choice, no :charming:

What else can I say... He amazes me every time, and I'm so proud of him (and the rest of the band). I'm so proud. :wacky:

Not sure if this was posted before:

R.E.M.'s Michael Stipe Explains Chris Martin Team-Up at 12-12-12

"He's very persuasive," Stipe says of Martin's persistence to get him onstage for R.E.M.'s classic "Losing My Religion"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsq8YWnqXbc]Michael Stipe's Return to Music - "12-12-12" The Concert for Sandy Relief - YouTube[/ame]

Not sure if this was posted before:

R.E.M.'s Michael Stipe Explains Chris Martin Team-Up at 12-12-12

"He's very persuasive," Stipe says of Martin's persistence to get him onstage for R.E.M.'s classic "Losing My Religion"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qsq8YWnqXbc

I am glad that Chris is so persistent and persuasive, because Losing my Religion was the absolute highlight for me followed by Us Against the World. As said - Chris's & Stipes voices together were just perfect.

STYLISH performance :D

My opinion:

Viva on acoustic guitar works better than piano versions, that I have heard. Don’t know why, but for me Viva with Chris alone on piano becomes boring after first verse. With acoustic guitar performance was more energetic and ryhtmic. And with suit on, that was just stylish.

Also good idea to perform Losing My Religion with Michael Stipe.

Us Against the World on piano is even more calming than on guitar and that worked well in that setlist.

But like always, Chris performing alone looks a bit nervous and lost.

Guest howyousawtheworld

How great to see Michael Stipe and Chris Martin (looking very dapper in his nice suit it must be said!) performing together again. Now that is a PROPER collaboration I would love to see.