✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[12-Dec-2012] Chris Martin @ 12.12.12 - The Concert For Sandy Relief, Madison Square Garden, New Yor

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was too nervous, if you want to be honest, Viva La Vida didnt work on the guitar and UATW just sounded too disjointed on the piano. I dont really know what he was thinking. The suit seemed a bit inappropriate and he came across a bit goofy whenever he spoke.

It was a decent effort though, and a good collaboration with michael Stipe.

Ok, I respect your opinion about the performance, but I don't find anything wrong with the suit. What?...Did you wanted chris to unbotton his shirt and show his chest, or wear a leather skirt? or dropping F-bombs on national tv? that surely is more appropiate for a charity concert, right?

I think a suit is more appropriate for this event than his MX flashy t-shirts, for instance. Also, everyone was dressed quite elegantly, from what I've seen so far, so I don't see what's wrong with a suit. To me it shows respect to the event, that he takes it seriously.

As for the performance. Yeah he looked nervous the first seconds, but after that he performed fine. I enjoyed this acoustic version of Viva La Vida better than other piano versions he has perfomed. This is just my opinion though. I think Chris Martin killed it with UATW, and of course that Michael Stipe duet was great. My only complaint? It was only 10 minutes.

I think a suit is more appropriate for this event than his MX flashy t-shirts, for instance. Also, everyone was dressed quite elegantly, from what I've seen so far, so I don't see what's wrong with a suit. To me it shows respect to the event, that he takes it seriously.

:nod:

He wasn't there to sell his album, to sell the MX theme, so the MX outfit would have been inappropriate. I am biased, I am a fan of the suit. Everyone here who said the suit was appropriate and fitting to the event was spot on. I hate it when people underdress for occasions (even though Chris has done that in the past!)

I don't understand what could possibly be inappropriate about wearing a suit to an event like this. Or to any event, for that matter (unless it's a pajama party). But yeah, I'm biased as well.

Just watched the performance and I thought he was brilliant! A bit rushed during Viva, but it was very refreshing to hear on an acoustic guitar. LMR with Michael Stipe was amazing and so was UATW on piano. He sounded great.

Wow, I just went through the whole thread. Thank you for posting those great pictures and videos!!!

I woke up a bit earlier (believe me that normally NEVER happens :lol: ) and I wasn't disappointed. THE SUIT: first of all, from a fangirl point of view --> flippin hot. But not only that: also very classy and elegant and respectful.

I loved Chris' performance, truly. I love how presented himself. And his jokes are always priceless :laugh3:

Viva on the guitar was very, very beautiful, I thought. And UATW on the piano was so great and emotional. WOW. Just wonderful. We are very lucky to have heard these two songs performed in a quite unusual way.

The performance of Losing My Religion was also amazing. He persuaded Michael Stipe to come and sing, that's awesome :) It sounded great, and Chris was a real fanboy. :wacky:

So, I really loved it, it was short, but just great :D

I don't think Viva quite worked on guitar either. I think if you'd have swapped them around (Viva on piano and UATW on guitar) then it would have been better.

We've heard Chris do parts of Viva on piano before (a snippet at Glastonbury 2011), and we all know that he's great on guitar in UATW :D.

So maybe swapping them around would have made it better, but it was still good nonetheless. It is Chris Martin afterall, so it's bound to be good :D!

He's actually played Viva on piano several times for radio and charity gigs so it makes no sense at all

I don't understand what could possibly be inappropriate about wearing a suit to an event like this. Or to any event, for that matter (unless it's a pajama party). But yeah, I'm biased as well.

Just watched the performance and I thought he was brilliant! A bit rushed during Viva, but it was very refreshing to hear on an acoustic guitar. LMR with Michael Stipe was amazing and so was UATW on piano. He sounded great.

It was pretentious. He's meant to be down to earth too. It was a bloody charity gig; he could have worn what 'normal' people wear. You know like the people who had their whole livelihoods taken away? Yeah it sounds a bit picky and of course its not just him. But Im saying it because he's meant to be against showing his wealth; thats obviously not the case anymore. He clearly put more thought into what he was going to wear than what he was going to play. Go back and watch the performance. Listen to just the audio and you'll see.

It was pretentious. He's meant to be down to earth too. It was a bloody charity gig; he could have worn what 'normal' people wear. He clearly put more thought into what he was going to wear than what he was going to play. Go back and watch the performance. Listen to just the audio and you'll see.

Wow, wholeheartedly disagree.