✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto - 16 months on

Guest howyousawtheworld

Guest howyousawtheworld

So it's about 16 months or so since the album was released to much excitement on these boards. I thought it would only be good to really review the album in the post MX era following the conclusion of the MX tour and single releases. When they came back into the limelight in June 2012 with their live festival shows I was very excited. They seemed better than ever on the stage and the new songs sounded outstanding particularly Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall was released to more than a hint of scepticism including myself. I thought it sounded naff in all honesty and it was easily the least impressive new live song from their set list. Paradise was released - better I thought but again not great.

And then the album was released and it was the most disappointed I had ever been with the band in the 10 years I had been a fan. Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown and Major Minus did not escalate the heights of their live renditions largely down to the production of all sounding messy, electronified and in the case of Charlie Brown an uninspired vocal turn from Chris Martin (along with the fact that the vocal harmonies just weren't there as they were in the live versions). In particular the rawness of the live versions of Hurts Like Heaven and Major Minus were not present. Us Against The World could have done without the immediate intro of Jonny Buckland's guitar. UFO is a decent little track but nothing special. It could have been better served as a b side, same goes for Us Against The World. Up In Flames sounds like it was written during the X&Y period. Again it's decent but it's really unspectacular and actually forgettable. And then there's Princess of China. Musically and production wise I find it quite good. It seems very different to what Coldplay usually do but the problem lies with Rihanna as a collaborating partner. It may seem like a cliche but I think it's true - getting her on board was a lazy, uninspired choice. There are hundreds of great female vocalists out there who could have done the track and why do they have to be well known? Don't Let It Break Your Heart is a nice song with something of a nostalgic melody. May sound rushed and overproduced and a weak cousin of Lovers In Japan but I still like it. And finally the last song on the album, Up With The Birds, was in my opinion the best song on it. Beautifully produced, lovely melody, it is in my opinion the best closer Coldplay have ever done alongside Amsterdam.

Following the demise of the MX era it seems like a good time to really set the album comfortably in the context of Coldplay's previous work. And 16 months on my opinions sadly are not much different. It is too mishy mashy, not interesting lyrically and doesn't have a clue what it wants to be. I don't like the electronic/acoustic transformations on the album as it seems too cut and paste. Up With The Birds, UFO and Us Against The World sound like they could have been on Prospekts March That no doubt contributes to what I feel is a lumpy and incoherent track listing. It's biggest problem for others may be that it had to follow what I thought was Coldplay's best album in Viva La Vida. In hindsight it appears to have been too big and better to follow but regardless I still would have expected better. When I rank it in the 5 Coldplay albums there have been it is planted firmly at the bottom. It's something of an outsider to my 'worthy 4' of Parachutes, AROBTTH, X&Y and VLV.

For their next album I can't really say I am massively looking forward to it (certainly not in the way I was looking forward to LP5) and I can definitely wait for it. That's good in a way because it lessens expectations. But it also makes it more important in that a second disappointing album in a row would be a real hammer blow. I'd love to see them really push the boat out for LP6. It doesn't matter if they fail miserably- at least they would have given it a try. Forget about being the biggest band in the world - they've already done that. Now they must try to be the best. As the ending of MX states let's just hope 'good things are coming our way'.

It's not exactly the kind of songwriting that would take very long to grow on you if it grows at all, I can't see many peoples opinions changing dramatically from initially giving it a few weeks to settle. Songs like Hurts like Heaven or Charlie Brown, you aren't going to have some grand realisation as to what they're trying to do by the 100th listen, or even the 2nd, it's a very basic approach to catchy music and you know what you think of it straight away, and that isn't going to change dramatically after a year or whenever.

Something like My Bloody Valentines recent album or King of Limbs can take a long time to settle into (Or a long time to realise they're shit, either way), Mylo is not one of those albums, and Coldplay aren't one of those bands. If you didn't like it initially then that's not going to change, there's nothing further to get.

Guest howyousawtheworld
It's not exactly the kind of songwriting that would take very long to grow on you if it grows at all, I can't see many peoples opinions changing dramatically from initially giving it a few weeks to settle. Songs like Hurts like Heaven or Charlie Brown, you aren't going to have some grand realisation as to what they're trying to do by the 100th listen, or even the 2nd, it's a very basic approach to catchy music and you know what you think of it straight away, and that isn't going to change dramatically after a year or whenever.

Something like My Bloody Valentines recent album or King of Limbs can take a long time to settle into (Or a long time to realise they're shit, either way), Mylo is not one of those albums, and Coldplay aren't one of those bands. If you didn't like it initially then that's not going to change, there's nothing further to get.

I think you're right there and that's a large part as to why my and other people's opinion will not change but it's hard to formulate an unbiased opinion amidst a period where you would see them on their live tour accompanying that album where it becomes easier to think the album is better than it is even for something that as you say is very basic but catchy. Also put simply, your musical mood changes constantly. Some months I just won't listen to Coldplay at all and other months where I will switch them on my ipod and listen to them extensively. Usually then I can better formulate how good/bad an album of theirs is and more often than not I recognise how brilliantly effective they are. When they were promoting it via festivals, tours and media (and they did a great job of promoting it in fairness) I would admit to say I probably thought it was better than it was and was definitely giving it the benefit of the doubt for some time. For me it's about trying to take a better perspective/context of it within the Coldplay discography and up against it, the album just feels unworthy compared to their previous albums in my opinion.

Viva La Vida came out in 2008. Before it came out Chris Martin had said repeatedly that they had forgotten how to be good and not big on their previous album-X&Y . In hindsight, after the MX Era has ended , I think the most important thing that Coldplay forgot was being good and not necessarily big, but not on X&Y ,but rather on MX! This album's lyrics were inspired by the story the band was cultivating which later has come out as comics. There was a large scope to create songs which might have been unique and dystopian according to the Mylo Xyloto story. Rather , I think MX was compiled of rather un-inspired and not well connected songs. Us against the World and Up With The Birds are good songs but do not reach the brilliance that even the demos and b-sides of VLV did (eg. Bloodless Revolution, an unreleased gem from the Viva Era). From the first EP, Moving To Mars & Major Minus gave me a high expectation as I thought that maybe the album will have Bowie and Grunge influences along with the typical Coldplay sound I love. I even enjoyed ETIAW after seeing it on Glastonbury though the lyrically it was a bit Meh. After much promotion, the album came out and I thought it was a dissapointment. Paradise was a strong single at first but I grew tired of it after hearing it in every damn place and show possible . This was unusual considering I still like listening to VLV , though the song has exposed to the highest degree possible. All of Coldplay's previous album's employed piano in a significant but varied way which I found sadly missing in this one. In return, it was replaced by electronically modified voices and even less guitar solos. In the Billboard interview, Chris had said Jônny's guitar would be prominent but I couldn't find the evidence except maybe on Major Minus. The Album had too many intermissions ( a hopefull transmission etc) but Up With The Birds did atlast hit a high note. We all know Chris Martin can write good songs. I am also ready to wait, but I sincerely hope that the next album will be a much needed improvement.

Before i start, i want to apologize already for my english

Okay so i agree with everything.

I don't listen to the album since November 2011, i hate the album version for the songs.

They are over-produced, too much electronic noises that hide even Chris's voice (like Don't Let It Break You Heart).

At first i thought that Paradise was quite good, i love the bass line, but it didn't grew on me, maybe because they have overplayed it.

Major Minus is my favourite song on the album, the lyrics are so different from the usual and the guitar solo gives me chills every time i listen to it.

Charlie Brown, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall and Hurts Like Heaven have a strange effect on me, i love those songs only live but i can't listen to the album version. The sounds in those songs seems to be hidden by too much noises and Chris's voice is not very "natural"

Up With The Birds, Us Against The World, A Hopefull Transmission, Up in Flames and UFO along with Major Minus are the only songs that i can actually enjoy both live and album version, maybe because they are not overproduced and the sound is more natural and strong.

Princess of China, i have to admit, though the strumental base is obvious and the lyrics are lame,that Rihanna's voice is not that bad, i dont' like her musical image but she can actually sing.

So yeah, i was very disappointed by the album, and i was really depressed about it because at the time i was a new fan so i expected something beautifull to feel at the first time.

But we have to admit that this was by far their most beautiful tour ever.

Actually this is my favorite album form them apart Rush. I think this is actually their most honest album. I feel like they were like fuck everything and everyone else lets just be ourselves and do want we want and I think it really paid off with this album. It's quiet believable to me at least. But hey different folks, different strokes.

I came late to the party; I found them after VLV and moved backwards through their catalogue only a few months before MX came out.

So I am not sure if that makes me qualified to comment, but here I am.. commenting anyway... :D

Sixteen months (is it REALLY that long?) after it's release, and lots of listens to ALL their albums, I think I do have to agree with some of you that MX is perhaps a little over produced in some of the songs. I also prefer all the live versions of the songs on MX. But that's true of ALL their music, not just MX. I prefer live versions of everything they do.

When I first heard Paradise I wasn't blown away. Not as much as I wanted to be. (but there was SO much riding on this, some people were BOUND to be disappointed) But it's grown on me and again, live it rocks.

MX makes me happy when I play it. The other albums inspire different feelings, but MX is my happy record. When I want to drive in my car, sing along and feel good.. I go to MX.

Ultimately if an album can make you feel good OR bad, or ANYTHING really, then to me it's a good album.

I'll be brief - Mylo Xyloto's a good album, but definitely did not perform up to my expectations after Viva La Vida. That album to me is still just unbelievably good, up with A Rush of Blood to The Head. Not saying MX is bad in any way; it's full of good songs, has a certain complexity on its own and it spurred on a fantastic tour, best so far.

I'm looking forward to an album not too influenced by pop though and I'd be even happier if the three would make more experimental music and Chris would then come in to complete the songs...imagine the results! Maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm right...

I was massively excited when the album came out, i am one of those folks that stays up all night waiting for the premiere of a song or a live stream of a show so the build-up to the release of MX was brutal. When it came out, i genuinely liked some songs but others i felt that i was forcing myself into liking, i thought the production on Charlie Brown was poor, it could've been such a classic song and it ended up just being a really good one, i liked HLH a lot, i thought it was as good as the live version and i REALLY liked UATW, i think it is one of their finest acoustic songs, all of these first impressions remain true today but i have come to appreciate DLIBYH and UWTB a lot, they are really good songs and i think they fit in nicely in the tracklisting. I'm not the biggest fan of UFO and Paradise but the latter made a really good single and it earned the boys a #1 in the charts so i'll give it a pass. Overall,i think that Mylo Xyloto is a good but a little longer than necessary (and at this point i dare you guys to give me an example of albums by greats bands that dont have at least one filler in them) album that rests nicely along with X&Y in the bottom tier of their discography and also one that contains songs i really enjoy listening to 16 months on.

And 16 months after it, hatters gonna hate equally. Sad.

MX is a great album, the only one who has a backstory and you're telling me that you are disappointed 'cause it's too much electronic? That's TOO subjective.

To me it's their second best album after X&Y. And the tour is the best of all.

I think you're being quite harsh about it to be honest.
Well it's only one's opinion, and then, it's just an idea, but I think that whether you've been a fan from a very long time or not kind of influences that. Obviously your personal tastes will always be most important, but what I mean is that, when you've only started to listen to their songs when an album came out, you don't really have expectations, in terms of good or bad, especially because you haven't really been waiting for that album for so long. Your expectations will be in terms of genre or what it sounds like, but they'll be much less based on how much you loved their previous work, because you didn't know much of it.

I'm saying this because that was the case for me. I've only sort of known Coldplay, but only a few hits. I loved all their Viva singles, then forget about them for a while. When Christmas Lights came out I was reminded of them again, and then 5 months later I followed the hints leading to ETIAW...and when I first heard ETIAW, I actually didn't know what to think! I didn't know if i loved it or hated it, but i was genuinely surprised to hear that from Coldplay, based on what I had heard so far. I hadn't really been waiting for months, so I couldn't really be disappointed. I think that's a first explanation, at least for me, as to why I'm being nice with MX :lol:

Now about my opinion on MX, 16 months later.

Somehow, I'm okay with it sounding a bit "over-produced", but, for sure, I would prefer if they don't follow that way again (or at least less that on MX). It's not that I dislike it, but I feel they're best at going other ways, and that it's more of a one time thing. I feel the spirit of the album is entertainment and happiness, and it does its job for me. I feel happy when I listen to MX/HLH, Charlie Brown or ETIAW. UATW does wonders to me, it has the power to really calm me. UWTB is wonderful. As someone pointed out in this thread, indeed, UFO would have been better as a b-side perhaps (as it is a short and simple song, kinda like I Bloom Blaum in a way)....then it would have left some room for Moving to Mars hehe :p (HELLO Forgotten masterpiece!).

I never understand why people keep saying Rihanna was the wrong choice for PoC, because from what I've heard from Coldplay, they didn't choose Rihanna for a song. Apparently, they wrote it with her in mind, so from the very start it was either PoC with Rihanna, or no PoC at all. I guess that ever since I read that, I've never thought someone else, less famous or more talented or whatever would have been better. I like the song (although I reckon that those 12 times in a row during the soundcheck were A LITTLE TOO MUCH TO HANDLE ugh). Also I may be a bit biased because I went to the show where she actually sang live with them, so I'm guessing it was a different live experience :lol:

I used to dislike Major Minus' album version, at the beginning (didn't like how Chris sounded like), but liked the live version right away. I now love both versions. Live, it's not as wild and awesome as GPASUYF, but i could feel they were aiming for something close to that.

I also feel that the songs flow very well into the other, and that not only because of the transitions. I think MX is the album where they did that best. It's weird, because I've realised that many people do feel that way, but many others don't. For some reason, I didn't know it was such a subjective factor, but i guess in music, most elements are subjective anyway :lol:

I love MX, I really do. It's not my favourite album but it's not the one I like the least either. MX worked for me because it managed to move me. I think that its main default is that, even though the songs are good, a big part of the album isn't memorable or timeless enough, somehow, which is usually Coldplay's strength, making timeless music. I think it's tied to MX's main purpose, really: if it's entertainment, then it explains why it feels less timeless (at least to me, although i read across the forum other people saying that), as currently most of what we hear on radio seems to have the same purpose.

I read the first paragraph of the original review and decided to write this:

Okay, so compared to previous eras maybe MX hasn't been the best (as a matter of opinion Viva was the best era) but I don't understand how you can slate the album the way you do?! I agree Hurts Like Heaven is a disappointment but in all honesty what's wrong with the rest? Chris said before it all came out that this tour/era would be different and it has not disappointed as far as I am concerned, if i was do a track by track rating the majority for me would go to 8s and 9s purely because they lived up to what they said which was different, look at the album name for example?! I am probably going on about nothing now but everyone deserves an opinion I guess, we must have major differences in our music taste as far as Coldplay go, Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall is "naff" is it? hmmmmm, you're infuriating me so I am drawing to a close, when you earn millions and play sell out shows every night come back and insult the band all you like but for now, go enjoy what Coldplay song's you do like, and leave the majority of us to enjoy EVERY COLDPLAY SONG there is!

VLV was a tough one to follow. The scope of that album - which was lyrically and musically interesting, innovative and diverse - is hard to beat. VLV was grand without being pretentious, managed to combine big radio-friendly singles with quite acoustic songs. The themes of the album - life, death, art - were recognizable in lyrics, even in the name of the album.

The theme of MX was very specific, therefore it was hard to relate to. For me it's a major fail. They created the idea in their heads, which basically explained lyrics and musical arrangements. And it definitely explained the artwork and their outwear. But did we know it? No, we didn't learn anything specific before ComiCon in summer 2012, a year after the release of the album. So, in the expectation of cohesion, "concept album" etc., when I heard MX, I thought: "What the hell this is all about?" The idea of it was lost on me.

It was the fail of management. Sometimes they have to think how it all looks from outside. Managing during this era was very strange. The hype that accompanied ETIAW and Paradise, and surprisingly quite releases of other singles - especially potential hits HLH and Charlie Brown. Also, what for did they release ETIAW EP, which basically repeated album tracks?

And comparing to their productivity during previous eras, why so few songs? They used to release 10-12 songs as B-sides or on EPs, and now there is nothing.

As for the album itself, I agree it's the weakest by far. And I blame production, first of all. It killed the thrill of most tracks, especially Major Minus, which is simply mind-blowing live but nothing special on the album.

Secondly, it's lyrics. I won't say that Coldplay write bland lyrics - because I do think that on all previous albums, lyrics were simple, but honest and sincere. On MX they are just not interesting. I am sorry, but ETIAW offers weak metaphors, Paradise lacks wording, UFO repeats VLV theme, PoC sounds childish even in Rihanna's voice. Lyrics ruined a lot for me on MX. Once again, maybe that's because I didn't know the "plot" of the album, but the truth is that lyrics didn't awake my imagination.

I don't know what to do with this. Eminem read dictionary to enrich his lyrics. I'm sure Chris reads a lot, but the fact is, he has to stop going for easy choices and obvious rhymes. It doesn't work.

So, the major point I think most of fans would agree, is that MX was overproduced, it lacked that raw, real and honest feeling to it, that used to justify all the weaknesses of Coldplay's songwriting. Though the melodies were good, as is obvious from live performances, what they made out of it, that kind of "sugary" production only harmed them.

Waiting for LP6, as I think that they went for something new, it didn't really turn out well, but I believe they are capable of better.

VLV was a tough one to follow. The scope of that album - which was lyrically and musically interesting, innovative and diverse - is hard to beat. VLV was grand without being pretentious, managed to combine big radio-friendly singles with quite acoustic songs. The themes of the album - life, death, art - were recognizable in lyrics, even in the name of the album.

The theme of MX was very specific, therefore it was hard to relate to. For me it's a major fail. They created the idea in their heads, which basically explained lyrics and musical arrangements. And it definitely explained the artwork and their outwear. But did we know it? No, we didn't learn anything specific before ComiCon in summer 2012, a year after the release of the album. So, in the expectation of cohesion, "concept album" etc., when I heard MX, I thought: "What the hell this is all about?" The idea of it was lost on me.

It was the fail of management. Sometimes they have to think how it all looks from outside. Managing during this era was very strange. The hype that accompanied ETIAW and Paradise, and surprisingly quite releases of other singles - especially potential hits HLH and Charlie Brown. Also, what for did they release ETIAW EP, which basically repeated album tracks?

And comparing to their productivity during previous eras, why so few songs? They used to release 10-12 songs as B-sides or on EPs, and now there is nothing.

As for the album itself, I agree it's the weakest by far. And I blame production, first of all. It killed the thrill of most tracks, especially Major Minus, which is simply mind-blowing live but nothing special on the album.

Secondly, it's lyrics. I won't say that Coldplay write bland lyrics - because I do think that on all previous albums, lyrics were simple, but honest and sincere. On MX they are just not interesting. I am sorry, but ETIAW offers weak metaphors, Paradise lacks wording, UFO repeats VLV theme, PoC sounds childish even in Rihanna's voice. Lyrics ruined a lot for me on MX. Once again, maybe that's because I didn't know the "plot" of the album, but the truth is that lyrics didn't awake my imagination.

I don't know what to do with this. Eminem read dictionary to enrich his lyrics. I'm sure Chris reads a lot, but the fact is, he has to stop going for easy choices and obvious rhymes. It doesn't work.

So, the major point I think most of fans would agree, is that MX was overproduced, it lacked that raw, real and honest feeling to it, that used to justify all the weaknesses of Coldplay's songwriting. Though the melodies were good, as is obvious from live performances, what they made out of it, that kind of "sugary" production only harmed them.

Waiting for LP6, as I think that they went for something new, it didn't really turn out well, but I believe they are capable of better.

I definitely agree with everything you've written here. The album was overproduced, and overcompressed (google 'loudness wars'). Additionally there is now too much backing track use when playing live. They are still one of the best bands out there, but the next album needs to feel a lot more natural than the sugary, hyper, overly colourful MX era. It's possible to try too hard. Plus, it's time to drop Brian Eno.

BTW you misspelled 'quiet' twice ;)

the first time i listened to MX songs was back when they played them live in those festivals in 2011. I loved them and i was expecting the album much. but when i listened to it i felt like it was missing some... soul. the live versions sounded so powerful and colourful. i don't think the album was the best but i don't feel that the songs were bad at all. live 2012 should've been the album, that's the thing. the tour was the best, no doubt about that. the live versions were far better.

personally, i liked those songs much because the lyrics have much meaning in my personal life and i take them as a guide in my actual state, so i couldn't trash it and i don't think i ever will with a coldplay album... i think i could always say something possitive about it.

i loved the idea of a concept behind it, i value that a lot i'm looking forward to have the comic in my hands...

i'm dying to hear what coldplay will bring us, i hope that they push their limits even further away. i think they can and i think it would be really surprising! :smug: and besides... because they broke my heart after cancelling the latin american tour so i need something :\

ps: loved ufo and up with the birds (you could say it's my favourite one?). the rest of the songs i think they are way better live (except from every teardrop and PoC... the album versions are waay better. first i hated the ideo of rihanna, i think it was just for money but... hey the duet sounds great so... you know?)

ps2 (do not own xD ) : i didn't like that they released all those bad remixes and not a single b-side (apart from moving to mars GOD IT WAS GREAT) that "acoustic" PoC version? pleeaaase it was the original track with a guitar! come on!

(eg. Bloodless Revolution, an unreleased gem from the Viva Era).
:nod:

All of Coldplay's previous album's employed piano in a significant but varied way which I found sadly missing in this one. In return, it was replaced by electronically modified voices and even less guitar solos.

yeah but i welcome that... that's an attempt to try something new.

Before i start, i want to apologize already for my english

Okay so i agree with everything.

I don't listen to the album since November 2011, i hate the album version for the songs.

They are over-produced, too much electronic noises that hide even Chris's voice (like Don't Let It Break You Heart).

Major Minus is my favourite song on the album, the lyrics are so different from the usual and the guitar solo gives me chills every time i listen to it.

Charlie Brown, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall and Hurts Like Heaven have a strange effect on me, i love those songs only live but i can't listen to the album version. The sounds in those songs seems to be hidden by too much noises and Chris's voice is not very "natural"

Up With The Birds, Us Against The World, A Hopefull Transmission, Up in Flames and UFO along with Major Minus are the only songs that i can actually enjoy both live and album version, maybe because they are not overproduced and the sound is more natural and strong.

Princess of China, i have to admit, though the strumental base is obvious and the lyrics are lame,that Rihanna's voice is not that bad, i dont' like her musical image but she can actually sing.

everything :nod:

I think this is actually their most honest album. I feel like they were like fuck everything and everyone else lets just be ourselves and do want we want and I think it really paid off with this album.

however i agree on what you say! it may have not been well capturated but it is

ETIAW...and when I first heard ETIAW, I actually didn't know what to think! I didn't know if i loved it or hated it, but i was genuinely surprised to hear that from Coldplay, based on what I had heard so far.

I'm okay with it sounding a bit "over-produced", but, for sure, I would prefer if they don't follow that way again (or at least less that on MX). It's not that I dislike it, but I feel they're best at going other ways. I feel the spirit of the album is entertainment and happiness, and it does its job for me. I feel happy when I listen to MX/HLH, Charlie Brown or ETIAW. UATW does wonders to me, it has the power to really calm me. UWTB is wonderful.

MX worked for me because it managed to move me. I think that its main default is that, even though the songs are good, a big part of the album isn't memorable or timeless enough, somehow, which is usually Coldplay's strength, making timeless music. I think it's tied to MX's main purpose, really: if it's entertainment, then it explains why it feels less timeless.

a)yeah ETIAW was so different and i loved it inmediatley because of that!

b)i agree, i think that next time they should produce something like it sounded on the live versions of these songs... the classic coldplay... but way different... that's challenging and something rad to hope for :cool: . IT IS HAPPY i like it because it makes me feel a lot better and full of hope! ETIAW is the most bouncy song they've ever done!

c) :thinking:

It's really nice to read everyones thoughts and it's got me thinking about mine. The first post couldn't have explained it better and i partly agree with it.

16 months on, and i've found myself discarding most MX songs when casually flicking through Coldplay's discography. When MX came out, it was fresh and new and exciting but for me personally, it has worn off quite fast unlike songs from the Viva and A Rush of Blood era.

Looking at the album now, I think it's a worthy addition to their discography. Sure, it's not one of their most solid all-round albums but it's still really good. I disagree with those saying that it was over produced as i think for their music to compliment the album's message, it couldn't be raw like Parachutes.

It'll be extremely interesting what happens with the next album. To me, i think the boys are not ones to be in denial about their feelings towards MX so it'll be interesting to see their response.

Okay, here goes...

I'm going to disagree with most of you. I personally think that MX is Coldplay's best album yet. It might be different to the other four albums, but that's what makes it special in my opinion.

I think you're being quite harsh about it to be honest.

Thank you, here I'm thinking I am the lone wolf. Yeah I feel exactly the same way and that's why I love this album. It stands out alone from their previous work in a good way and feels fresh, like a brand new start, while just having a blast.

I also see a lot people say it did not live up to expectations and they were disappointed because of that and that sucks, but for me I wasn't disappointed because I did not ave any expectations for the band. I did not want them to do this or be that or sound like this or that I just want them to do whatever they want and from the sound of the band, Mylo was what they wanted to do.