✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

BΔSTILLE //

I like what I hear! And in an odd coincidence, Edward was telling me the tale of one of the closest living descendants to the old kings and Queens of France, and this fellow is a carpenter living in Canada! Maybe things come round full circle in time?

I like their music, they did some pretty good remixes/covers

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHppImpaofQ]BASTILLE // What Would You Do? [City High Cover] - ( Official Video ) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcw720SivGg]BASTILLE // Of the Night - YouTube[/ame]

The best thing about Bastille, imo, is that they're getting in the charts. They might be a bit "meh" to some people, but I don't think that should matter; they're music with human thought gone into it, like Coldplay, and that's a much better alternative to a dirge of faceless, big name-heavy pop that exists simply to exist, and make itself more money than anyone really needs. Sorry. Rant over.

they're music with human thought gone into it, like Coldplay, and that's a much better alternative to a dirge of faceless, big name-heavy pop that exists simply to exist, and make itself more money than anyone really needs.

I like that sentence a lot because it seems very true, to me at least!

• 1 month later...
I saw them as a support act for Muse, they were pretty good :)

Nice, I'm going to see Muse in Amsterdam tuesday, with Bastille and Biffy Clyro as support acts. I'm really curious about how Bastille will sound live.

Nice, I'm going to see Muse in Amsterdam tuesday, with Bastille and Biffy Clyro as support acts. I'm really curious about how Bastille will sound live.

I'm so jealous!! You get to see Biffy!! I love them and I got Dizzee Rascal :|

I saw them supporting Muse too! :D I thought they were pretty good too and now i've downloaded their album and i'm really enjoying it! :nice:

Which show did you go to? :D

• 4 weeks later...

I heard Pompeii one day and really hated it. Someone said that they have good tunes so I tried another songs and well, these boys are really good. Still I kinda find Pompeii a bit irritating, it's probably me but there's something about this song that I don't like.

• 4 weeks later...

I really love Bastille! Don't know them for a long time yet, but like every song of their album (that doesn't happen a lot to me ;D ) Their songs also get better the more you listen to them, (which is of course better then the amazing and catchy songs you start to hate after a while). This group has the capacity to become a big band!

If you don't know them yet, check out Pompeii!

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Other very good ones are Laura Palmer, Icarus, Bad Blood, Things We Lost In The Fire,.. (their entire album, but you got to start somewhere ;D )

[ame=

]
[/ame]

I heard Pompeii one day and really hated it. Someone said that they have good tunes so I tried another songs and well, these boys are really good. Still I kinda find Pompeii a bit irritating, it's probably me but there's something about this song that I don't like.

Is it the durr durr durr durr duurrrrrr? :p

I just listened to the entirety of Bad Blood...good album. It's very much like film-music...as if Hans Zimmer wrote it or summat. Not quite my personal-"this-is-what-I'd-want-to-listen-to-all-the-time" which is restricted to Coldplay, Oasis, Muse, Keane, etc. It's a smart take on electronic-influenced music IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

it's been a month since I discovered this band thanks to youtube. I'm IN LOVE with their songs. :D

they are basically awesome from my point of view

I can't wait for their album to be released here in Argentina!

It may sound crazy but their music makes me feel the same way Coldplay did

when I was younger

• 4 weeks later...

They covered We Can't Stop and even if the choice of song is not appealing, it is an amazing cover and everyone must listen to it :wacko:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pZi7CXE2ac]Bastille cover Miley Cyrus' We Can't Stop in the Live Lounge - YouTube[/ame]

• 2 months later...