✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm glad I'm not a girl

Prince Myshkin

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know no one really cares but i'm so glad to see that this thread still exists

also, as someone who gets perceived as a guy and a girl in alternating contexts (and isn't either anyway but ye): it's really weird how old women call people they perceive to be young women as "sweetie" and "dear" all the time but never do it to young guys. there are other things too obviously but i notice it especially.

i probably won't check this thread forever (because i'm never on any more at all), but yeah hi guys keep doing this thing

also, as someone who gets perceived as a guy and a girl in alternating contexts (and isn't either anyway but ye): it's really weird how old women call people they perceive to be young women as "sweetie" and "dear" all the time but never do it to young guys. there are other things too obviously but i notice it especially.

it's a really subtle sort of power thing, i don't care if someone drops it once or twice but there's a point where SWEETIE and DAHLING gets too much. especially as someone who seems to get this quite often, i don't know why, probably something to do with my facial features + being small and maybe coming off as timid? but i fucking hate it

it's a really subtle sort of power thing, i don't care if someone drops it once or twice but there's a point where SWEETIE and DAHLING gets too much. especially as someone who seems to get this quite often, i don't know why, probably something to do with my facial features + being small and maybe coming off as timid? but i fucking hate it

My thoughts:

It's because you're female and you're supposed to be attractive to men, that's why you're called sweetie or darling because it's cute and shall make you feel adored.

You don't get called sweetie or darling as a man because these words are not manly enough and you are not supposed to be cute, you are supposed to be strong, independend and grown-up. And since there are no abbreviated versions of these words, you just don't get these nicknames like women do.

Everytime someone gives me such a nickname I rage a little bit inside, but since the persons who call me that don't meant any harm I can't really be mad at them.

Genders suck, I wish we'd all be like snails who can be fe(male) at the same time :I

Yeah, I no longer identify as any gender. Had the realisation about a month or so ago. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that people call me a guy though I can understand those who specifically do not want to be labelled. It's something I need to work on as I still always forget. I guess I don't speak enough to people who request this, so as to keep me on my toes.

but aren't you a guy? :surprised:

I don't identify as anything. Looking more and more into it, the whole gender thing just doesn't really make much sense to me at all any more, from my own perspective. That's not to say that I don't think people can relate to a specific gender, and that if they do then they are strange. I think maybe things that happened in my past (which I won't go into detail about) have made me more sensitive to gender borders and perceptions of masculinity, and then immersing myself into feminism and transfeminsm has furthered a shift in the way I view myself and society as a whole.

I definitely exhibit more stereotypically masculine characteristics in my being, so it's no surprise that I saw myself as male and why others would view me as such, and I certainly don't have any ill feeling towards my predominantly masculine traits (in regards to non-physical) where I try to move away from them, as I have evolved them naturally to coincide with my ethics over time. I am also comfortable within my body and don't feel any desire to change it (past becoming healthier, though that transcends gender so isn't related to this).

I don't identify as anything. Looking more and more into it, the whole gender thing just doesn't really make much sense to me at all any more, from my own perspective. That's not to say that I don't think people can relate to a specific gender, and that if they do then they are strange. I think maybe things that happened in my past (which I won't go into detail about) have made me more sensitive to gender borders and perceptions of masculinity, and then immersing myself into feminism and transfeminsm has furthered a shift in the way I view myself and society as a whole.

I definitely exhibit more stereotypically masculine characteristics in my being, so it's no surprise that I saw myself as male and why others would view me as such, and I certainly don't have any ill feeling towards my predominantly masculine traits (in regards to non-physical) where I try to move away from them, as I have evolved them naturally to coincide with my ethics over time. I am also comfortable within my body and don't feel any desire to change it (past becoming healthier, though that transcends gender so isn't related to this).

Ok :surprised:

I feel strange bringing it up, it's not something that's overly important to me as I've pretty much realised that this had always been the case. It's not something I really think about, nor has it changed me to realise it. It sounds a lot more earth shattering and game changing a realisation than it actually was.

I feel strange bringing it up, it's not something that's overly important to me as I've pretty much realised that this had always been the case. It's not something I really think about, nor has it changed me to realise it. It sounds a lot more earth shattering and game changing a realisation than it actually was.

Hahaha yeah it might seem a little bit intensely just casually mentioning it like that

"Yeah I don't identify as a guy or whatever~"

"okay but do-WAIT HOW" (< meant not negatively btw, just hella confused LOL)

Gender is a bit of a weird thing anyway. I flip between wanting to express myself as androgynous or really femme. Probably a reflection of my ~inner feelings~ (I think my body language is really masculine for some reason too, like how I sit resting). But for some reason I still label myself as a girl.

I suppose it's not really that important as long as I'm comfortable with it.

~gender is weird~ but yeah literally i can talk about the difference between agender and neutral gender and gender stuff in general for days so...hit me up if you're curious or whatever

also, as strange as this sounds considering i'm agender, gender is a real thing for some people can confirm, i had one day two years ago where I felt very intensely like for a girl like a day (never happened again :shrug:) and i can imagine people feeling like that all the time, although I don't at all

*high fives Greg*

Guest LiquidSky
My thoughts:

It's because you're female and you're supposed to be attractive to men, that's why you're called sweetie or darling because it's cute and shall make you feel adored.

You don't get called sweetie or darling as a man because these words are not manly enough and you are not supposed to be cute, you are supposed to be strong, independend and grown-up. And since there are no abbreviated versions of these words, you just don't get these nicknames like women do.

Everytime someone gives me such a nickname I rage a little bit inside, but since the persons who call me that don't meant any harm I can't really be mad at them.

Genders suck, I wish we'd all be like snails who can be fe(male) at the same time :I

I hate it too! But I've noticed that most people that call me one of those names tend to be older or think that I'm younger than them but either way, I tend to ignore them completely on whatever they said to me.