✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm glad I'm not a girl

Prince Myshkin

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, so after a few days, page 3 is back in the Sun Newspaper. After having seemingly insinuated that almost constant the picture of a young woman revealing her breasts on the third page was outdated for a modern family newspaper, it turns out that it was a publicity stunt. How wonderful that some of the most privileged, who seem to often view themselves as moral arbiters of the country have decided to use genuine concern over gender roles as a platform to make more money and get further advertisement for their paper.

Notable irony being that they asterisked out the 'i' within the word 'tit', on that page, seemingly putting forward the concept that you can look at a pair on this page, but you're not allowed to see the word written down as that would be taking it too far.

Ah, so after a few days, page 3 is back in the Sun Newspaper. After having seemingly insinuated that almost constant the picture of a young woman revealing her breasts on the third page was outdated for a modern family newspaper, it turns out that it was a publicity stunt. How wonderful that some of the most privileged, who seem to often view themselves as moral arbiters of the country have decided to use genuine concern over gender roles as a platform to make more money and get further advertisement for their paper.

Notable irony being that they asterisked out the 'i' within the word 'tit', on that page, seemingly putting forward the concept that you can look at a pair on this page, but you're not allowed to see the word written down as that would be taking it too far.

lol boobs :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I usually go for a walk at night and I pass a bus stop on my tour.

Sometimes there is a person waiting for the bus at that stop. The place isn't very well lit and surrounded by dark trees. Everytime I approach the stop and there's a man waiting there, he just looks up, sees me, and goes back to whatever he was doing. If there's a woman standing there, I can see here fidgeting around, and when she hears my footsteps she freezes, whips her head into my direction to intently stare at my silouette to find out if I'm a threat or not. When I'm finally visible under the streetlight, I can see the "Thank God it's a woman!" in their faces everytime when I pass them.

Yesterday 2 guys followed me with their car on my nightly walk and were cat calling me and shit like that. I didn't understand much since I was listening to music, but they left when they noticed that I wasn't giving them any response.

Last week a blogger started a kind of online feminist revolution in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium (and also The Netherlands I think) after she posted a text entitled "My name is not 'Hey sexy'". The hashtag #wijoverdrijvenniet (#wearenotexaggerating) was introduced and a shitload of women tweeted anecdotes of when they were sexually harassed in the streets. Scrolling through those tweets made me scared to go out at night. It's terrifying, it's all so close by. Stories about guys who shamelessly started masturbating in front of a woman in the tram, girls who got called "sluts!" when they didn't respond to guys whistling at them etc.

Shows how necessary feminism is in fucking 2015.

Just when I was trying to tell myself 'come on girl, it's all not so bad, rapists and creeps aren't everywhere. It's only Antwerp, nothing will happen. Enjoy your student life and go out, there won't be any creeps in that tram.'

Well I'm not sure anymore...

Last week a blogger started a kind of online feminist revolution in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium (and also The Netherlands I think) after she posted a text entitled "My name is not 'Hey sexy'". The hashtag #wijoverdrijvenniet (#wearenotexaggerating) was introduced and a shitload of women tweeted anecdotes of when they were sexually harassed in the streets. Scrolling through those tweets made me scared to go out at night. It's terrifying, it's all so close by. Stories about guys who shamelessly started masturbating in front of a woman in the tram, girls who got called "sluts!" when they didn't respond to guys whistling at them etc.

Shows how necessary feminism is in fucking 2015.

Just when I was trying to tell myself 'come on girl, it's all not so bad, rapists and creeps aren't everywhere. It's only Antwerp, nothing will happen. Enjoy your student life and go out, there won't be any creeps in that tram.'

Well I'm not sure anymore...

In my eyes EVERY man is a potential threat to me, and that's how I behave towards them, even if I try not to, my body just tenses up and immediately checks surroundings, escaping routes, objects to defend myself for the worst case. You know, just in case :uhoh:

In my eyes EVERY man is a potential threat to me, and that's how I behave towards them, even if I try not to, my body just tenses up and immediately checks surroundings, escaping routes, objects to defend myself for the worst case. You know, just in case :uhoh:

Well, shit.

I feel so :uhoh: about what you just said, like JEEZ WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO US HOW DID WE GET TO SUCH A POINT, and that gets worse when I really don't know what I can do about it. Honestly, I -as a person but also as a man- don't know how the hell I can help get those stupid freaks in their fucking place. This makes me feel so powerless and stupid. Just ugh.

Well, shit.

I feel so :uhoh: about what you just said, like JEEZ WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO US HOW DID WE GET TO SUCH A POINT, and that gets worse when I really don't know what I can do about it. Honestly, I -as a person but also as a man- don't know how the hell I can help get those stupid freaks in their fucking place. This makes me feel so powerless and stupid. Just ugh.

And I always feel like total shit when I know there are kind men out there, that get dragged into this whole potential-rapist possibility. But almost all of my female friends had been sexually harassed in some way, either getting just cat calls from nasty ass men or having strangers pulling their dicks out and masturbating in front of them. Luckily, the worst scenario I've experienced was just some slimy men trying to get close to me or asking for my number.

To come back to your statement:

"JEEZ WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO US HOW DID WE GET TO SUCH A POINT"

It was always this bad, women just weren't brave enough in the past to talk about it (or they would get laughed at) so openly like nowadays.

Also, this story is very important I think:

http://chrisbrecheen.blogspot.de/2013/07/changing-creepy-guy-narrative.html

I wonder what I would do if some creeper would approach me like that. I'd probably pull the "I'm lesbian" card or just tell him openly I'm not interested in having sexual intercourse with him, in a very scientific manner lol

I wonder why nature is such an ass and made us women anatomically weaker than men, so that they can just rape us whenever they want. Or, if they're not satisfied, just kill us with bare hands :dozey:

Why aren't we like spiders, where the females are 20 times bigger than the male and just kill and eat them if they're rude :cheesy:

And I always feel like total shit when I know there are kind men out there, that get dragged into this whole potential-rapist possibility. But almost all of my female friends had been sexually harassed in some way, either getting just cat calls from nasty ass men or having strangers pulling their dicks out and masturbating in front of them. Luckily, the worst scenario I've experienced was just some slimy men trying to get close to me or asking for my number.

Yeah, I don't blame your for that. I am completely sure I'd be quite like you if I were a woman.

It was always this bad, women just weren't brave enough in the past to talk about it (or they would get laughed at) so openly like nowadays.

Also, this story is very important I think:

http://chrisbrecheen.blogspot.de/2013/07/changing-creepy-guy-narrative.html

Of course, that makes sense

And that story is brilliant, thanks for that!

I wonder what I would do if some creeper would approach me like that. I'd probably pull the "I'm lesbian" card or just tell him openly I'm not interested in having sexual intercourse with him, in a very scientific manner lol

Ugh even if you pull the lesbian card they'd probably go like "that's just cause you've never been treated properly" or something :angry:

I wonder why nature is such an ass and made us women anatomically weaker than men, so that they can just rape us whenever they want. Or, if they're not satisfied, just kill us with bare hands :dozey:

Why aren't we like spiders, where the females are 20 times bigger than the male and just kill and eat them if they're rude :cheesy:

Hahahahahah that would be quite fucked up

And female spiders usually eat males after mating, don't they?

Yeah, I don't blame your for that. I am completely sure I'd be quite like you if I were a woman.
Wouldn't it be fun if all the humans in the world would switch their sex for like, a few months, only to see how it is to be the opposite sex? :awesome: AND TO FACE THE PROBLEMS.

Ugh even if you pull the lesbian card they'd probably go like "that's just cause you've never been treated properly" or something :angry:
Shit you're right :sick:

Hahahahahah that would be quite fucked up

And female spiders usually eat males after mating, don't they?

Not all of them do. As far as I know, only if the males are too slow, or if they don't impregnate the females properly. So, in other words, if you're stupid, you get eaten, and serve as nutrition for your future children LMAO

Wouldn't it be fun if all the humans in the world would switch their sex for like, a few months, only to see how it is to be the opposite sex? :awesome: AND TO FACE THE PROBLEMS.

I sincerely hope science and technology allow us to do that some day!

JUST IMAGINE IT it would solve almost every single thing

Not all of them do. As far as I know, only if the males are too slow, or if they don't impregnate the females properly. So, in other words, if you're stupid, you get eaten, and serve as nutrition for your future children LMAO

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA That's brilliant

:nod: same here, it's sad

yep, that was literally one of the anecdotes someone tweeted...

:wacky:

Some men are just dicks, they allow their lower body to do the thinking.

They think they are "God's Gift" to the world and can shag anybody, the sort of man who hundreds of years ago probably would have had several concubines to sleep with every night. The sort who ruins it for everybody else

• 2 months later...

Something nice I read on tumblr today. And also some thought provoking pictures!

tumblr_m4gfn73C7S1r6l5bco1_1280.jpgtumblr_m4gfn73C7S1r6l5bco2_1280.jpgtumblr_m4gfn73C7S1r6l5bco3_1280.jpgtumblr_m4gfn73C7S1r6l5bco4_1280.jpgtumblr_m4gfn73C7S1r6l5bco5_1280.jpgtumblr_m4gfn73C7S1r6l5bco6_1280.jpgtumblr_m4gfn73C7S1r6l5bco7_1280.jpg

“This is really NORMAL.

Except we never see it-so it is terrifying and uncomfortable when it happens.

(Mostly because people would laugh or be unkind)

I own a sex shop. Once a woman bled on our chair during an interview. She was horrified and felt ashamed because it was in some way unprofessional. We weren’t bothered. We said ‘what better place to work on being ok with your body than at a feminist sex shop?’

Bleeding is normal and dealing with it is one of the most pervasive ways women are complicit in their silence.

Some men bleed too. How would you react to that? For many men who are Trans the act of bleeding is a security threat.

Fuck off with your lolz.”

Photos by Arvida Bystrom

I really like this, because as a woman, your period is something to be hidden from everyone, don’t make any noise with a pad, don’t let anyone see you wearing a pad, don’t let you tampon string hang out, don’t wear this, this and this on your period and for god’s sake don’t be unprepared when it starts, because then you’ll get blood everywhere. A women’s period is something to be rejoiced as an act of fertility, your body is just letting you know you can make new people so why is it such a shame to have a period?

http://cycleofmisery.tumblr.com/post/23587571511/there-will-be-blood-emma-arvida-bystrom

Anyone of you had annoying experiences with your period?

not really people are open minded bout it here, at school speciallym we throw pads in the air every day or stain clothes or chairs and the boys or teachers wont say anything if not they will hug us and comfort us

maybe im just lucky

You are lucky.

If something like staining would have happened in my school/class, you would have bullied by the entire class for months, at least.

If you needed tampons, you whispered to your nearest girl, and got lucky when she didn't pull a nasty face at you.

But then again, there were around 95% complete jackasses in my school, so that's not really a surprise.

• 1 month later...

Stumbled upon this today on tumblr, it's fucking hilarious AND important!

tumblr_nhrkiaT3on1qgn227o1_500.jpg

bstormhands:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

Okay but after seeing this I started doing it too and it’s amazing how many men I’ve run into bc they expected me to move

Gotta try it

I work (and walk) on a college campus. I’ve lost count of how many men I’ve smacked shoulders with.

Recently, I was standing outside my son’s classroom waiting to talk to his teacher. I stood on one side of the hallway, not even close to the center. At some point, a man came walking along. I was standing right in his path, but the hallway was empty, so I logically expected him to swerve around me. Instead he kept walking right toward me, got to me, and stopped, as if waiting for me to get out of his way. I didn’t; I just smiled politely at him. He finally walked around me, clearly annoyed that I hadn’t leapt out of his manly path.

Now I’m wishing I’d leapt aside, taken off my jacket and laid it on the floor before him, then bowed deeply and said, “My Liege!”

I also work at a college campus. I smack shoulders sometimes, but I find that if I stare straight ahead and follow the advice below, people get the heck out of the way.

tumblr_inline_np0mug3hzo1qgrjv2_500.giftumblr_inline_np0myoanYA1qgrjv2_500.gif

Honestly this post changed how I carry myself when walking alone in public, or in a situation where I’m the one leading. People definitely move for the murder gaze.

Confirmed. I once had to rush back inside a convention hall as the con was closing in order to a retrieve a sick friend’s medication, and I didn’t understand why people in the crowd were jumping out of my way (literally—one guy vaulted a table) until I realized I was dressed as the Winter Soldier and doing the Murder Walk because that’s just how I walk in those boots. I got the meds, got out, and made a mental note.

I repeated the experiment later, wearing the boots but otherwise my usual clothing and mimicking the expression I thought I’d had at that moment. People parted like I was Charlton Heston.

I now wear that style of boots whenever possible. I recently had a man do a double-take as I walked by and ask me, politely, where I had served because I “looked like a soldier.” I’m not current or former military. I was wearing a flowy purple peasant top and looked as un-soldierlike as possible.

Moral of the story: wear comfortable shoes, square your shoulders, and walk like you’ve been sent to murder Captain America.

Shoes make a huge difference in so many ways.

• 1 month later...