✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay will release track "Atlas" from "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" soundtrack on 6/8 Sept

Tash

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the original Hunger games soundtrack and I really liked it (had a real Americana sound actually, which could be an interesting route for Coldplay). Don't know who's in charge of this one, but the last one was T Bone Burnett whose a really good producer, so if he's involved we may be in for a treat. Another thing, only one or two of the songs from the soundtrack made it into the first Hunger Games, and they were over the credits, so for those who don't think they'll like the movie I wouldn't worry about it since the soundtrack will probably be a standalone thing (ie. "Music Inspired by the Motion Picture")

They wouldn't make so much noize about it if the song wasn't on the movie, would they?

I'm not crazy about the title, Atlas doesnt sound special to me. The lyrics though really sound like a coldplay song:

"Some saw the sun

Some saw the smoke

Some heard the gun

Some bent the bow

Sometimes the wire must tense for the note

Caught in the fire say oh"

If the complete song is as good as these few lines its gonna be a winner i think.

I'm not crazy about the title, Atlas doesnt sound special to me. The lyrics though really sound like a coldplay song:

"Some saw the sun

Some saw the smoke

Some heard the gun

Some bent the bow

Sometimes the wire must tense for the note

Caught in the fire say oh"

If the complete song is as good as these few lines its gonna be a winner i think.

All the lyrics are there. Just click the link.

The title is a 9/10 for me, the lyrics are an 8.5/10, so I'm hoping the song will be something I listen to for a long time, even without the connection to the movie. If it becomes a hit they could perform this at the Oscars like Adele performed for "Skyfall" last year.

They wouldn't make so much noize about it if the song wasn't on the movie, would they?

:shrug: dunno. I know people were looking forward to Abraham's Daughter which got a release before the film came out and it was only in the end credits of the movie. I'm sure the Taylor Swift song had major marketing and I don't remember that being in the movie at all (maybe also post credits I don't know). I seem to recall the music in the movie was orchestrated, but anyone whose a fan correct me if I'm wrong.

I am actually so excited. I've been waiting all year for the new hunger games and some new Coldplay stuff, so this together has really made me happy!

In my opinion Coldplay don't really repeat themselves but if we were to compare then I'm expecting this to be most similar to the AROBTTH stuff.

Aaah exited ! here's a thought, maybe the song has also been inspired by the recent movie 'Cloud Atlas' and the Cloud Atlas sextet (a piano piece) . Which I would recommend to anyone by the way, both. Very inspiring.

Awesome news! Hope this is like the "Christmas Lights" of the LP6 era, with an official single from the album only a couple months away.

This is what I'm hoping too. If it plays out exactly the same, then the lead single for LP6 should come out around January or February.

I'm getting a Glass of Water vibe from the lyrics and song title. :D