✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay will release track "Atlas" from "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" soundtrack on 6/8 Sept

Tash

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, the length of the lyrics make it seem like this song ma be pretty short, unless there's a lot of breaks in between and really long notes. And I have to agree that it seems like it will be a quieter song than what was on MX. Hopefully this means that Coldplay will be announcing more information on their LP6, and maybe if this song is good enough, then they will include it on the album, if it flows with the rest of the songs that they've recorded.

Won't happen. It's a one-off like CL.

And LP6 still could be 12-16 month away. Jeez we don't even know who is producing new album.

Laurel, you are now officially insane :P. lol

reading the lyrics i do get a Moving to Mars vibe. But maybe it will have the intensity of politik, given that is being used for that movie. (i have not seen it, but that is what i think of it)

:shrug:

SO excited by this news, I have goosebumps!

And if the song is good - really good (and I think we can expect that) it might just be nominated for a Best Song Academy Award.....

Coldplay at the Oscars. We can dream, right?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Official Catching Fire trailer

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkvUNfySGQU]The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Do you think they used the music of Atlas for this?

Great news:D

I, like many, am hoping for this to start the LP6 era, or at least be a new take on the MX sound, even though the lyrics look very MX.

I heard the original Hunger games soundtrack and I really liked it (had a real Americana sound actually, which could be an interesting route for Coldplay). Don't know who's in charge of this one, but the last one was T Bone Burnett whose a really good producer, so if he's involved we may be in for a treat. Another thing, only one or two of the songs from the soundtrack made it into the first Hunger Games, and they were over the credits, so for those who don't think they'll like the movie I wouldn't worry about it since the soundtrack will probably be a standalone thing (ie. "Music Inspired by the Motion Picture")

I don't understand why people are saying they have to watch the movie. Nobody's forcing you to do anything. Just download the song when it comes out, there's no reason to watch the movie unless you want to.

That's what I'm going to do.

It's a soundtrack!!!! I would like to know if it has anything connect the movie.

There must be a reason why coldplay write song for this movie.

They have been writing songs for more than a decade and never make a soundtrack.

This is why I'm going to watch it even though, I'm sure I'm gonna hate it.

I like "Hunger Games" so much !!!

That's so cool to have a Coldplay song in it :thumbsup:

I'm so excited about "ATLAS" :heart:

Hope it's gonna sound kinda like some X&Y's songs...

...and I love those lyrics : "I'll carry your world Carry your world and all your hurt" :blush:

ANYWAY : I - CAN'T - WAIT - TO - HEAR - IT !!! :loveshower:

I don't understand why people are saying they have to watch the movie. Nobody's forcing you to do anything. Just download the song when it comes out, there's no reason to watch the movie unless you want to.

Fair enough but I guess people who are nuts about this sort of stuff want to see how its used in the context of the film, I guess watching the one scene isn't enough. I mean after all they are writing the song for the film, it's not some unrelated song they made without thinking of the film, well as far as I assume (I didn't read any of that fake article).